Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    dbalke10 is offline Training Camp

Vikesgeek claims inside information on the draft...

"The Insider Contacts Me" by Mr. Cheer Or Die
    On April 22 of last year, The Insider had e-mailed me with the top three players on the Vikings board for the first round selection. Since he had given me the scoop on Randy Moss just a few months earlier, I listened. After all the dust of the draft had settled, the Insider did not disappoint. He was spot on.

For those not familiar with The Insider, he is an acquaintance of mine with inside access to Winter Park. We trade more e-mails about gardening than we do football....as we did this week. His credentials are sound and he only e-mails me about Vikings "scoops" when they are pretty damn sound. Last year, he said the following three people Sat atop the Vikings draft board. This is exactly what I posted in April of 2005 shortly after The Insider contacted me:

At #1 sits Braylon Edwards. No surprise there. With the #7 overall selection it makes perfect sense for the team to replace some of Randy Moss' production here. Edwards, a playmaker with a solid frame and great hands, has All-Pro potential. He immediately would become Daunte Culpepper's go-to receiver.
    And here comes the curve ball. At #2 is Troy Williamson, the speedy WR out of South Carolina. Williamson has good size and blazing speed. Paired with Nate Burleson, the Vikings would have two downfield threats to take pressure off QB Daunte Culpepper and the new focus on running

At #3 is Mike Williams, whom Williamson leapt over in recent weeks. It appears that the Vikes are more focused on speed in making this choice to move Williamson ahead of Williams.

Edwards went to the Browns with the 3rd overall pick and Williamson to the Vikes with the seventh. Here is the early name The Insider has provided me....the name that currently sits atop the Vikings big board:

VINCE FREAKING YOUNG!!!!!

Wow! The Wonderlic Kid! You've all read the reports that Vince Young scored a 6 on the Wonderlic test at this year's NFL Scouting Combine. The average score for a player at the combine is 19. The average score overall — hundreds of corporations use the Wonderlic — is 21. But a score under 10 is an indication of literacy problems. Former Iowa State running back Darren Davis reportedly has the record for lowest score, a 4. Former Florida State kicker Sebastian Janikowski reportedly got a 9.

Young then received a pass, took the test again and scored a 16. OK, so now we know he can read. But a 20 on the Wonderlic is indicative of about an I.Q. of 100. A score of 6...or a 16... means that Vince Young could hide his own Easter eggs and still have fun trying to locate them.

So, either The Insider has located a great stash of cannabis in his garden and has been stoking his pipe a bit too much.....or, we have another surprise coming later this month and we will once again bow to his greatness. And let me clear: while the Wonderlic Kid is currently the guy atop the Vikes big board, The Insider states that only if Young falls would the Vikes bust a move to get him. He goes further to state the team would not be willing to movie intop the Top 5 as the price would be too high.....but Top 12, definitely.

Stay tuned.
    Most football teams are temperamental.That s 90% temper and 10% mental.
    --Doug Plank

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Vikesgeek claims inside information on the draft...

I really don't want to trade up to get Young, I think that would be a big mistake, but the football people seem to know what they are doing. Good info there dbalke!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Young then received a pass, took the test again and scored a 16. OK, so now we know he can read. But a 20 on the Wonderlic is indicative of about an I.Q. of 100. A score of 6...or a 16... means that Vince Young could hide his own Easter eggs and still have fun trying to locate them.
    :lol: that's pretty funny
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Thta would be one of the only moves that I would get extremely pissed off at. The reason is this, if we are gunning for Young, then we would have to package most of our picks in order to move up and get him in this years draft. He is not worth that many picks. We would be better off trading our 1 pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub.

I hope this is purely speculation at this point. I would hate to see the Vikes invest so much into a guy that is at best hit and miss.. He is big, has a good arm, and has great speed, but I don't think that Vince Young is the answer for the Viking's system.. This of course is just MO...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I agree. I don't want to see us trade away all those picks to move up to get him.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Thats splendid news right there, would definately accept VY as our new QB. Kinda upset he didnt reveal the other 2 names on the board.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Thta would be one of the only moves that I would get extremely pissed off at. The reason is this, if we are gunning for Young, then we would have to package most of our picks in order to move up and get him in this years draft. He is not worth that many picks. We would be better off trading our 1 pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub.

I hope this is purely speculation at this point. I would hate to see the Vikes invest so much into a guy that is at best hit and miss.. He is big, has a good arm, and has great speed, but I don't think that Vince Young is the answer for the Viking's system.. This of course is just MO...
    I agree. I would not be happy if the Vikings packaged a ton of picks to get him. QBs are never guaranteed to be stars, even if there taken in the first (as it says in the article by Michael Smith that I posted yesterday), and seeing how Young is riskier than most, I definitely do not want to trade up to get him. I think its best we stay at 17 unless someone like Hawk slips to past the top 10, because LB is a much safer pick than QB.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

I could not be more against Young than anyone else in the draft. Shotgun, maybe handoff to running back who is running by , run like hell, maybe throw. Thats the Texas ofense last year. BIG BUST IN NFL.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Alot of "if's and but's" there ... but good info none the less.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I recall that the Vikings had Ronnie Brown as their #1 player overall on their draft board alst year, which brings into question the validity of this source somewhat.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast