Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikes WR's

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes WR's

Maybe you should call a fair catch.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes WR's

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    I was just reading an article off KFAN that said that if the Vikings don't bring backup TE Ben Steele back to the practice squad, they might try to keep Danielson.

BTW I guess Derek Ross was claimed by Arizona.

Green Bay signed Ben Steele, and they also signed Nick Rogers!!! I guess they are envious, they want to be as good as the Vikes so they sign our discards!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Vikes WR's

Big question mark on the WR's.
    So, from what I know, Burleson looks to be the #2 receiver with Robinson having failed to impress much? We all know Campbell can go deep and has very good hands too, but has anyone hear see Burleson do some great things yet?

For me, noone is ever going to measure up to Cris Carter. Carter had it all. Enough said. I am just wondering why the Vikings have not been more active in finding a really good 2nd receiver to compliment/help Moss since Carter's departure? Certainly they could have picked up a guy like McCardell or others that were out there.

Hopefully Burleson will be the go to guy after Moss. One of the others may step up too.

As far as Campbell returning punts, I'm all for it!
    Howry does not impress in that role.
    It's been a long time now since the Vikings have had a decent punt returner.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes WR's

Robinson is one of those guys that doesn't like preseason and now that the regular season is here he will be ready to go.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Vikes WR's

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Robinson is one of those guys that doesn't like preseason and now that the regular season is here he will be ready to go.

Yeah, I still see good things from robinson this season, like 800 yards and 8-10 TD's. Too many people just got down on the guy, because he has been resting his hamstring, DURING PRESEASON, but I am glad he did it. He will now be 100% healthy to start the season, and also burleson got more time and experience being the #2 WR in preseason. I like burleson and think he is gonna be a good WR, but I still believe that if robinson stays healthy, he will be our #2 WR and 2nd leading receiver this year. I was able to get robinson with the very last pick in my fantasy draft, and think that might be a steal, once he reclaims his #2 spot a few weeks into the season.

More guys that are being dumped on because of worthless preseason games, Vick and ashley lelie. I think both guys are gonna have good years, yet because they haven't done anything in preseason, the media is making it sound like they suck and will do nothing this season. Kind of the opposite effect that mcgahee got in preseason. The media has totally overhyped him for what he has done in preseason. Man am I glad that the regular season is finally here, so all this crap is over with.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Vikes WR's

Looks like we are keeping 5, I liked danielson
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Vikes WR's

"bigdogbovy" wrote:

Yeah, and I like nelson also, both better than howry.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikes WR's

Most of the Vikes good punt returners in the past have been on the smallish side. Small, quick, agile and rarely take a direct hit. Leo Lewis and Eddie Payton to name a few. I wouldn't mind seeing Campbell try his hand at returning punts.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Vikes WR's

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "bigdogbovy" wrote:

Howry is useful as a kick returner, while he is no dante hall, he doesn;t fumble and he is durable. putting someone else outthere to get slammed into fullspeed while running fullspeed is an injury waiting to happen. This is why tice keeps howry.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Vikes WR's

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "bigdogbovy" wrote:

Howry is useful as a kick returner, while he is no dante hall, he doesn;t fumble and he is durable. putting someone else outthere to get slammed into fullspeed while running fullspeed is an injury waiting to happen. This is why tice keeps howry.

I never actually see guys get hurt returning punts, so I don't agree that cambell would get hurt just because he is small and returning punts. If you can name a punt returner who got hurt last year and missed time because of getting hit returning punts, then I will rethink my opinion, but I don't remember any punt returners getting hurt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast