Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikes WR's

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Vikes WR's

Alright I was wondering if anyone felt the way i do on this topic. The vikes have 4 good WR's in Moss, burleson, robinson, and cambell. It sounds like they are gonna keep 5 or more likely 6. That leaves howry, hoag, nelson, and danielson for the last spot or two. I truely doubt that howry will be cut, but personally I would rather have hoag, danielson, or nelson over him. Howry doesn't do anything out there. We will keep him, because we use him as a returner, but he sucks at returning punts and kicks, and is worthless as a WR. I would really like to see hoag, and either danielson or nelson be the final two WR's. Hoag has look much better than howry at punt and kick returns, in the few chances he has gotten, and hoag is much more explosive. Hoag has also shown that he is a good receiver too, something I haven't seen much of from howry. Both nelson and danielson have also shown a lot in the receiving game and they look much better than howry. Does anyone else, who has seen the preseason games, think the same way? I have seen them all twice actually, once on local and the other on NFL network replay.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Vikes WR's

We will keep six, i agree with you on howry, but until we have somebody that is a threat back there we will keep him.. the only reason he stays on punt return is cuz he doesnt drop the ball. id like to see campbell return punts with that speed but then he would get dinged up so maybe not

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Vikes WR's

Well with the recent cuts it looks like your hopes are not going to happen. We as fans do not get to see what happens in the locker room so we do not have the full scoop as to the reasons some players are cut.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Vikes WR's

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Well with the recent cuts it looks like your hopes are not going to happen. We as fans do not get to see what happens in the locker room so we do not have the full scoop as to the reasons some players are cut.

Personally I think these cuts were a dumb move. It isn't like mewelde, cambell, or hoag couldn't return punts, if we got rid of howry. I bet they could do it better too. Howry will eventually be cut, because of ineffectiveness and disappointment, mark my words.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes WR's

I dont think cambell should be returing kicks hes to small for that, and a threat on offense we need him to play WR. Howry needs to get some help he hardly ever got to return kicks this preseason because he was fare catching there was no blocking. Mewelde might be a step up from howry in Punt returning but i dont really want him doing that especailly since bennett will be out for a couple of weeks.

Next year in the draft we need to nail some fast fast RB or WR in the 4th or 5th round and just get rid of all this tryin to find a real returner. This year i wanted the vikes to draft Carlos Francis for the job he ran a 4.2 in the 40 and he's elusive in the open field, but minn didnt get him we had other pressing issues. I want to get some fast dude teams are scared to punt to that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball.

Vikes WR's

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I dont think cambell should be returing kicks hes to small for that, and a threat on offense we need him to play WR. Howry needs to get some help he hardly ever got to return kicks this preseason because he was fare catching there was no blocking. Mewelde might be a step up from howry in Punt returning but i dont really want him doing that especailly since bennett will be out for a couple of weeks.

Next year in the draft we need to nail some fast fast RB or WR in the 4th or 5th round and just get rid of all this tryin to find a real returner. This year i wanted the vikes to draft Carlos Francis for the job he ran a 4.2 in the 40 and he's elusive in the open field, but minn didnt get him we had other pressing issues. I want to get some fast dude teams are scared to punt to that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball.

I don't get why no one, our coaches included, wants cambell returing punts. Sure he isn't big, but neither are all the best punt returners in the league, yet they are returning punts. The guy is our #4 WR, so why should we worry about using him as a punt returner? I could see if he was our #2 or #3, but he isn't. I don't see him getting hurt anymore than he would playing WR. How many small punt returners do you see get hurt returning punts? I have yet to see dante hall, desmond howard, drummond(another small guy), az akim, allen rossum, get hurt returning punts and they are all very small guys. We have a perfectly good punt returner on our team, yet are afraid to use him there, and thus we keep a crappy WR like howry, to return punts, when he sucks at it. I don't get it. Again I say that howry won't be a viking next year and he might not even make it through the year.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes WR's

I heard Howry had areally good offseason so, I don't think we can base it so much on last season.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Vikes WR's

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I heard Howry had areally good offseason so, I don't think we can base it so much on last season.

I am not basing it on last season, but this offseason and preseason. He hasn't looked good at all. He is so slow to hit a hole and is always tackled from behind, because he is slow.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Vikes WR's

I was just reading an article off KFAN that said that if the Vikings don't bring backup TE Ben Steele back to the practice squad, they might try to keep Danielson.

BTW I guess Derek Ross was claimed by Arizona.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

HovanMan is offline Waterboy

Vikes WR's

Campell fumbles 3 punts today in Madden for me, 2 for TD's
    :lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast