Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikes Vs. Steelers tickets...YES!!!!

"josdin00" wrote:
    One of my good friends is a huge Steelers fan. We've been trying to come up with a good low-stakes bet for the game. The trouble is, most things will be hard to enforce, since he's moving to Nashville. Any suggestions?
    This is more of a high stakes bet, but it doesn't involve money. I have a friend that's a Giants fan. Last year we bet on the game. The loser had to rake the winner's leaves..........................in a dress. This might be tough to enforce, but if you're a man of your word, you live up to the bet. I lost this bet and had to rake leaves in a dress. You could also do mowing the lawn. Or a simple one, that I've done many times.....a case of beer or 12-pack. This is good, because even if you lose, you're still going to drink the beer with the winner.
    You could do something where the loser has to hand deliver something to the winner. That way, the loser would have to make the trip.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    I was really excited, because I knew they were playing the Steelers and Browns this season. I could go to either game, and it would only be about an hour away. Then the schedule was released, and of course, we play both the Steelers and Browns in Minnesota this year.

At first I thought, okay, I can still go tp the Cincy game, it's only 4-5 hours. But, the girl at the gym, who has a brother in Minnesota, convinced me to make the trip. So, next thing I know I'm buying tickets for the Vikings/Saints game 9/25 at the Metrodome, the day before my birthday. I'm going to make the trip. I get more excited about it everyday. Of course, I'm a little closer than Baltimore.
    You should join us for the Bears game. Chicago is not too far for ya!
    That would be great, but I've already paid for the tickets to the Saints game, plus I want to catch a game w/ the home crowd. I was actually supposed to got to Chicago last December with a couple of Bears fans that I work with, but the plans fell through.
    If I happen to come into a large sum of money between now and then, I'll probably end up going to the Chicago game, the Cincy game, the Detroit game, and probably one more home game.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:
    I am so pumped!!!! My buddy just got us 2 tickets 5 rows up from the north endzone for the Steelers Vs. Vikes game!!! I really hope we can win that game, but it should be one of the tougher games our boyz will play all year. But hopefully it will be a battle of not one top five; defense but 2!!!!

GO MINNESOTA VIKINGS... lead us all to the promise land!!!!
    That shouldn't be one of our tougher games. The Steelers have lost 2 of their best offensive lineman, their 2nd best wideout, they've got a rookie phenom who wants to open up the playbook this season (remember 2001, when Daunte (after an amazing rookie season) opened the playbook his sophomore season), they've got a difficult schedule, and all of the parody in the league today. They won't even sniff the playoffs.
    6-10 (with 4 of those wins coming after the halfway point)

Ben Rothlisboner is going to be a great QB, but he will experience setbacks this year. Bettis won't be able to duplicate what he did last year behind their O-line, and Staley won't be able to either.

For that game, I predict a blowout:

Vikings 37
    Steelers 13
    This would be an example of parody in the NFL:

http://www.nonewswire.com/

While this would be an example of parity:

http://www.razormagazine.com/feature0804a.php

Of course, we could always go for a parody of parity:

http://www.sportsfanmagazine.com/sfm/articles.html?id=1076
    Yeah, I knew that, I was just seeing if anyone was going to catch that. LOL!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123