Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vikes VS philly

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

vikes VS philly

A Cardinals fan? WTF!!!! OK, if the Eagles are gonna manhandle us, how do you propose they're going to do it, with their Offense, well we shut down T.O. last year, I think we can do it agian with an improved D, and don't tell me you have a running game, or I'll laugh untill I cry (Westbrook's ovverrated and Buckhalter isn't anything special.) With your D that lost their two starting corner's to FA and has two vveeeeeeeerrrrryyy inexperienced guy's replacing them? The same Defense that has Kearse as their primary D-Line guy who get's injured if you look at him wrong? How do you propose to cover Moss, and for that matter, Marcus Robinson, or stop the run which you sucked at last year and will prove to be worse at this year losing Carlos Emmons to FA, the only LB worth mentioning on your roster is Nate Wayne, again, nothing special.

You're an idiot.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

vikes VS philly

"arizonacardinals" wrote:
    go eagles they are gonna manhandle you
    Hey, you guys got Denny Green now, right? Ha! Hope you're ready for a lot of mediocre to sucky defenses, and a whole lot of scratching the surface of a championship. And I thought I'd just mention it, your #1 draft pick used to pick up towels out of our locker room, complete with body hair.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

vikes VS philly

Corey Chavous has more interceptions than Charles Woodson - is he a better defender? No. Stats mean very little.

Culpepper's 2003 stats were better than McNabb's. However, McNabb went from going 0-4 to going to the playoffs. Culpepper went from going 6-0 to going 9-7. Yeah, you can say it wasn't all his fault, but he's the leader of the team. When Philly was sucking, McNabb took the heat, sucked it up, and it made him stronger. McNabb makes better clutch decisions, and is a better thinker on the field. Therefore, he is a better QB, until Culpepper proves that he is more than raw physical talent.

And yes, Favre is better than Culpepper as well. I'm not a 'closet packer fan' as you keep repeating like a depraved troglodyte (yes purplehorn, that's you,) I'm merely realistic. Culpepper is better in terms of potential, but potential doesn't win games. End.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

vikes VS philly

McNabb had a defense to carry him and his mistakes. Culpepper had to carry the whole team (which he couldn't, especially when the damn Chargers score 42 points on you).

McNabb has always had a defense tht kept games close, or winnable. In the past it seemed that if Culpepper did not lead the Offense on a scoring drive every time he got the ball, we had no chance of winning.

I don't think the Eagles started 0-4, I think it was 0-2, which isn't that big of a hole.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

vikes VS philly

Winning in Philly is very tough. I think the Vikings have the talent to do it, but it won't be very easy. Moss does usually rule in Prime Time. It should be a fantastic early season MNF game.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

vikes VS philly

I think McNabb is a better leader on the field and that is as I have stated many times first and foremost what a QB must be.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

vikes VS philly

i will love seeing Moss upstage TO on the grand stage, Moss has more talent and ability than the mouth. It will be a good game, i am interested ins eeing how good the eagles D really will be.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

vikes VS philly

I think some of this mcnabb vs. cully has a little to do with the coaching. No doubt andy reid is a better coach then mike tice with all his experience. Offensive coordinatoor is a different story. I think mcnabb may be a little better coached then daunte. BUt i think daunte is still bettter then mcnabb however.

Its not all about the qb, its about the supporting cast on both sides of the ball plus the o-line.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

vikes VS philly

It will be SOOOOOO much fun to see what Winfield can do with T.O. Go earn your money. Moss against some rookies? That will be fun too. Great MNF match up. I am glad its prime time, and away, we'll see what they are made of. V_Spirit I am with you, the 28-17 sounds about right. However, I won't consider it a TRUE success unless T.O. blows a gasket again this year. =).

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

vikes VS philly

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Corey Chavous has more interceptions than Charles Woodson - is he a better defender? No. Stats mean very little.

Culpepper's 2003 stats were better than McNabb's. However, McNabb went from going 0-4 to going to the playoffs. Culpepper went from going 6-0 to going 9-7. Yeah, you can say it wasn't all his fault, but he's the leader of the team. When Philly was sucking, McNabb took the heat, sucked it up, and it made him stronger. McNabb makes better clutch decisions, and is a better thinker on the field. Therefore, he is a better QB, until Culpepper proves that he is more than raw physical talent.

And yes, Favre is better than Culpepper as well. I'm not a 'closet packer fan' as you keep repeating like a depraved troglodyte (yes purplehorn, that's you,) I'm merely realistic. Culpepper is better in terms of potential, but potential doesn't win games. End.
    [size=7px][/size]

It looks to me that Corey is better than Charles. Is there any Viking
    player any good in your clouded opinion-cheesehead?
    now I must go clean out my cave :bootyshake:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast