Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: VIKES vs COWBOYS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

marstc09 wrote:
    Not sure why people are saying "not a pretty win". I think too many pay attention to the records and not the performance. The Cowboys have the 2nd best offense in the league with the 2nd best passing ranking. They also have the 7th best defense. We held them to 220 passing yards!

Hey Marrdro, did you see that perfectly thrown pass to Moss that he dropped? I thought I would mention that since you always pick out every little thing Favre does wrong.
    Sometimes those stats can be misleading. The default measuring tool for offensive ranking is yards/game. Now while they rank number 2 in yards/game, the rank 28th in offensive points scored/game.

To put it better in perspective for you, the Lions are 5th in offensive points/game, 14th in yards per game, but are 1-5

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Favre improved his game(14-19) but 118 yards passing isn't going to win you many ball games even though it was enough this time.
    I heard that same shit in the beginning of last year and we made it to the NFC Championship game.

Still not understanding why people are saying "not an impressive win". Dallas is not as bad as their record says.
    It was not an impressive win in the way we played, not who we beat. Dallas is still a good team, but they just find ways to lose. This was a very important game, as it could have very easilly gone the other way.

Its the type of game, where you look back at the stats, and can't believe we actually won. It was exactly like the Saints game last year. We got outgained through the air and on the ground, yet the Cowboys found a way to lose. We didn't do enough to deserve a win, but were lucky enough to come away with one.

And yes, it all starts with the OL. How many balls did you see Favre throw into the ground? Its not because of poor throws, its because he had no time, and rather than risking a pick/sack/fumble, he rifles it into the ground towards a receiver. Our piss-poor blocking will get that guy killed. Don't get me wrong, he had his share of poor passes, but some of them were likely intentional incompletions.

I was happy with the outcome, but underwhelmed by our performance on offense. Thank god for 2 picks and a great return by Harvin, or it could have gone the other way.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Not sure why people are saying "not a pretty win". I think too many pay attention to the records and not the performance. The Cowboys have the 2nd best offense in the league with the 2nd best passing ranking. They also have the 7th best defense. We held them to 220 passing yards!

Hey Marrdro, did you see that perfectly thrown pass to Moss that he dropped? I thought I would mention that since you always pick out every little thing Favre does wrong.
    Marr will break down the entire Offensive and Defensive set on that play.

Plus...he will also tell what was going through Randy's, Brett's, and the guy in Section 301, Row 10, Seat 8's mind as well.

In addition, he will tell you what the Viking's were thinking on that play as well as Dallas Defense was thinking.

He will tell us all this wonderful stuff, and then throw out what the Noodle should've done.
    You forgot that he would also tell us which cat (Chilly or Bev's) sent in that play, whether or not Favre audibled a different play & whether or not the center pulled on the play.
    Don't forget how our scheme maybe doesn't call for players of skill, therefore we sign players to match waht we need, for example, which explains why Lewis was our only receiver on that play with the PI on the last drive.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

singersp wrote:
    Favre improved his game(14-19) but 118 yards passing isn't going to win you many ball games
    Whta do you expect throwing the ball 19 times .350 yards?

He plus got 1 TD and another to Moss right on the money.No picks.Besides playing in that shitty pocket our OL delivers mustnīt be the best calm scenario .Thatīs a B on my dictinoray.
    El underdog.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

We are still coming together as a team as difficult as that is to say this far into the season, we are not in stride.

Cam caught a TD.

Harvin ran one back.

AP got a TD in a day of bruising the opponent for incremental gains.

I wish we would have held them to a FG on one of their TDs. That Dez TD, Lito almost had that one, he just jumped a split second too soon.

It was stated that the Cowboys find a way to lose, we played safe and won.

The way we have played the first 4 games, any win is impressive!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well a win for us is better than for the Cowboys so I'm happy with that. Regarding the OL seemed to me that the pass protection improved after halftime - not sure if that was due to a good talking to, adjustments or what but Favre looked to have a little more time to throw. I was pissed about Moss not being picked out more but seeing Favres postgame interview he indicated that Dallas's coverage was taking Moss out as an option - so I may have been harsh in my initial view.
    Still not enamoured with some of the playcalling - good example was just before halftime with a 3rd and 33 and AD is sent up the middle?
    Nice to see a few loud and lary Cowboys fans at the game who left at the end quieter than they arrived. Despite what Jerry Jones says I still think Phillips is on a very very short leash.

Credit to Harvin for his KO return which woke everyone up and got the team buzzing and back into the game.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Favre improved his game(14-19) but 118 yards passing isn't going to win you many ball games even though it was enough this time.
    I heard that same shit in the beginning of last year and we made it to the NFC Championship game.

Still not understanding why people are saying "not an impressive win". Dallas is not as bad as their record says.

Look at the field position we started at on all our scoring drives. Fortunately, we began scoring drives at the Cowboys 49YL, 30YL & 16YL.

Happy, but not impressed that we scored from 16 yards out.

Happy, but not impressed that we scored 3 points from 30 yards out.

Impressed with Harvins return & the play of the defense much of the time, but not impressed that we ended up punting or turning the ball over on every drive we started in out territory.

Our two wins thus far have come against a winless Lions (1-5 now) & a 1-3 Dallas team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I agree El.

14-19 was a good day. It isn't the yardage.

Also, are you talking about the TD that Moss should have caught. Moss has to go get that, that was a perfect throw to the front corner of the endzone.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

It's all about the four Ps.

Piss Poor Pass Protection. No hope of improvement.

Favre took a terrible beating today.

Gutsy guy.....his courage may be his downfall.

I truly wish he would pack it in and retire before he gets hurt bad as we lose the next two games.

The loss of Cedric Griffin means disaster in the secondary.

All in all, whatever Favre decides to do.....bleak days are ahead.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Yep that one.He definetly made a great game ,hell he even made Berrian to catch one ball...
    El underdog.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast