Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: VIKES vs COWBOYS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On the EJ pick, he showed nothing. Just stood there in his normal alignment.
    Say what? On the SECOND EJ pick, he showed blitz and dropped back.

=Z=
    Nope, he stayed in his normal position. At the snap, he did go 2 steps forward and drop back, but, (and for this discussion), he did not show anything that would give away his intentions.

Romo was quoted saying he thought EJ was gonna rush

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101711/2010/REG6/cowboys@vikings#tab:recap/recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Brick wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    Yeah.... EJ just had a career game. No big deal.

He's the reason we won that game.
    He played well, but I think that is insulting to the other players on the team. Call me old fashioned, but I have never been a fan of one player wins a game, or one player loses a game.

EJ could probably easily credit his pick to the D-Line putting pressure, forcing Romo to check down quickly.

*Harvin ran one back for a TD (great blocking)
    *Favre minimized the damage he has caused in the past
    *Special teams played OK
    *Pass coverage we decent
    *QB pressure was better

Lots of players contribute every week. Saying one player single handedly one a game takes away from the efforts of others.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Infidel wrote:
    Will Green Bay figure it out?
    I like to think Rodgers is a pretty good QB but I don't think he is at the same level as Brees and he never figured it out.

Our secondary has been playing way way above thier heads and I believe they will continue to do the same this year.

On a side note, I kindof attributed some of that success to Hussiens added role, but I saw Jamarcus out there alot last night and believe he started.

If that is the case, just another backup stepping up when we need him on the secondary that you seem to think is so beleaguered.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Nope, he stayed in his normal position. At the snap, he did go 2 steps forward and drop back, but, (and for this discussion), he did not show anything that would give away his intentions.
    Another confused football fan blathers.

If what you say is true, why did Romo praise him and credit him with totally faking him out?

Oh.....I suppose Romo was just hallucinating.

Anyway, how would HE know anything?

:laugh:
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

V4L wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=

Romo was quoted saying he thought EJ was gonna rush

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101711/2010/REG6/cowboys@vikings#tab:recap/recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story
    What the QB said and what EJ did are two different things.

Presnap he stood in his normal posiition.
    At the snap he took two steps, got lost behind the DT.
    He then dropped back into coverage.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Our secondary has been playing way way above thier heads and I believe they will continue to do the same this year.
    You must also believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

The odds that people can continue to play far above their ability are small indeed. It just doesn't happen over long-term.

They have been trying hard and I give them credit.....much credit--but they've also been lucky and the weak spots (Sheperd and Allen) were not targeted and exploited by Romo.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:

If what you say is true, why did Romo praise him and credit him with totally faking him out?

If Romo knew what he was gonna do why did he throw the ball?

Someone is confused and I don't think its me. Probably the guy who threw the ball and the fans who think the QB wasn't confused even though he threw the ball to EJ.

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Someone is confused and I don't think its me. Probably the guy who threw the ball and the fans who think the QB wasn't confused even though he threw the ball to EJ.
    No, no Marrdro... you're the confused one.

He thought EJ was going to rush, because EJ came towards the line after the snap... at which point EJ then dropped back.

Romo thought he was going to rush, because EJ came towards the line... then started to throw it as EJ dropped back.

Hence INT.

Hence Romo's comments.

Hence your confusion.
    None

Infidel wrote:
    You must also believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

The odds that people can continue to play far above their ability are small indeed. It just doesn't happen over long-term.

They have been trying hard and I give them credit.....much credit--but they've also been lucky and the weak spots (Sheperd and Allen) were not targeted and exploited by Romo.
    Try as I might, I can't keep our discussions from going down the "Fairy Tail" rabbit hole. :laugh:

I was being a bit sarcastic when I said they were playing above thier heads. I actually think they are playing damn good ball my friend.

On a side note, I used to plug in a (Sarcasm) alert. I think I might need to start doing that again. Two things I suck at, being funny and sarcasm.

Oh, you're confused, all right.....and you're trying to get the issue equally confused, as is your usual tactic.

Fact:

Romo said clearly that EJ fooled him and made a great play by faking blitz and then dropping back for the interception.

No confusion except that which you unsuccessfully tried to create.
    --John Wooden

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast