Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:VIKES vs CARDS POSTGAME THREAD

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Interesting idea for a thread.

TJ - Yes - I am one of a select few who believe we should have benched the Noodle last week and brought TJ and his wheels in against the Cards.

That would have squashed that damn ameoba all over the gridiron as they would have had to defense our offense differently.

Sage - Not a clue. Cat is a mystery to me. My initial opinion is a resounding NO. Mostly cause of were he falls in the pecking order and how that affects how many reps he has had over the year. Which by the way, is very little.
    I think it would have made more sense to change the offensive plan to go back to a run/short pass game - which is basically what we would have been doing by putting Jackson in. I don't know if the advantage that you get by putting in TJack would have offset the loss you have by taking the team captain and one of the leaders of the team off from the field.

I know that you might have an alterior motive for wanting to see Favre benched, but can you really look at this objectively and say that you think that benching Favre and bringing in TJack would have been the best option? You don't see that causing conflicts in the team, or breaking down the confidence level of the offense as a unit?

You don't bench your starter when the game is still in reach unless you plan on leaving him benched.
    I would have pulled Favre at the end. But only to protect him.
    One bad game out of 12 isn't anything to get crazy over. The other game we lost, we played pretty well in general.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:

TJ - Yes - I am one of a select few who believe we should have benched the Noodle last week and brought TJ and his wheels in against the Cards.
    Yet people got pissed for benching TJ after 2 games. Where is that rolling eyes smiley when you need it.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    While nobody should get too carried away with the Vikings losing their second game of the season, maybe it's not so automatic that the NFC title game will be Vikings-Saints. And for those of you wondering if Brett Favre is allergic to the Pittsburgh-style 3-4 defense — after all, he's lost to the Steelers and Arizona's "Steelers wannabe" Cardinals — other key NFC contenders who also play the 3-4 include those Cardinals, the Cowboys (if they can avoid choking in December) and the steadily improving Packers
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings
    It amazing how quickly people are ready to jump off our bandwagon, yet the Saints barely beat a pathetic team and get no slack for it.
    I agree but the Saints found a way to win and that is all that matters. If we beat the Bungals this will go away. If not, we are in a world of hurt.
    The only difference between the Vikings' and Saints' performances last Sunday was that the Saints played a cupcake and the Vikings played a contender.

Losing to Cincy does not put us in a world of hurt. The Steelers are in a world of hurt. The Cardinals lost 4 of their last 6 last year and still went to the Superbowl.

For me, I care a lot about the type of game we play next Sunday. A good loss or a sloppy win? Then again, you can expect us to be perfect against the tougher opponents we are starting to see.

If we look like we did against the Cards, sure I'll be concerned. If we look like we did against the Steelers, I'll take it with a grain of salt. 10-3 is still a damn good football team. Heck, at the beginning of the year I would have been joyful with 11-5.

-V-
    There is a huge difference between us and the Saints performances on Sunday. They got a win and we didn't. I could care less about who each played. Losing to Cincy puts us in a world of hurt. It hurts our confidence and shows we can't beat good teams even at home. So then can we beat the Bears, Panthers, and Giants which will be really tough especially since two are on the road. Maybe. We are not the Cards so I don't care what they did last year. You are right it does depend on the type of game we play. If it turns out like the Steelers game I will feel somewhat better but again it is at home not away. This is a crucial game IMO. People want to be so fixed on a 10-3 record but it is not about that. It is about beating good teams and proving we can handle the playoffs. We beat Green Bay twice and that is it for current playoff teams. The only other team we beat that is even in the running is the Ravens. We still have a lot to prove.
    They Saints played like shit and got lucky. We played like shit and got beat.

I see where you're coming from, but I'm just not panicking, even if we do lose on Sunday. No reason to think we can't rebound from a couple tough losses.

We have a lot to prove? Anything you prove in the regular season is trivial at best. Things get proven in the playoffs. The team is not responsible for impressing people. They're responsible for wins, and thus far they have gotten those 83% of the time. As long as we clinch a first round bye, I'll be ecstatic, no matter who the wins come against.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021