Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    keystonevike is offline Starter

Re:VIKES vs CARDS POSTGAME THREAD

Definitely did not come to play tonight. Came out flat and stayed flat entire game. Lost more than just a chance for home field advantage thru the playoffs with the injury to EJ. Best of luck, EJ.
    Need to play a good game against Bengals next week.Certainly win the game too but need to play well because didn't play well tonight.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

We sucked in every way we could. AZ was better coached and more prepared. Im so glad we gave Childress that contract extension. We now know what happens when we face a good QB and good receivers. We get toasted. We have one of the worst secondaries ive ever watched.

I cant believe we couldnt move the ball on a team that gave up over 500 yards last week.

This is a big loss. Put your purple shades on and spin it any way you want but it was a big loss. I feel sorry for those viking fans who paid good money to see us play so bad.

purplejokr is offline Rookie

I was very close to going to see that game too. I am glad that I didn't.

The Vikings were manhandled tonight and there is no way else to describe it. With the exception of the offense's initial possession, nothing worked. The Cardinals stopped the run. Pressured Favre AND disguised their coverages well. It was almost like the Cardinals had 12 or 13 guys playing on defense instead of 11.

Defensively, their play was sporadic. More often than not the Vikings could hardly slow the Cardinals. However, there were a couple of three and outs as well.

All in all, it was a pathetic loss for what some folks seem to think is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. The Vikings get another chance at a legitimate playoff team coming up against the Bengals. If they lay another egg like tonight, everyone should stop with the Super Bowl talk.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Nothing much to say about this one. This one goes on the whole team.

Favre played awful ball.
    Peterson played the worst I've seen him all season.
    Receivers weren't getting open.
    Defensive line got no pressure.
    Defensive backfield gave up huge gains.
    Our best linebacker gets injured.
    Ouch.

As many have said all along, if a team gameplans to beat Favre rather than beat Peterson, they'll win the game. Arizona did that by confusing Favre with their coverages and relying on their base D to stop Peterson. It worked amazingly well.

I really think that Peterson is tipping off opponents as to when he's running and when he's not. I feel like we're twice as effective recently with Chester running the ball. It might just be conspiracy but who knows.

Terrible game all around. We've got to bounce back next week at home.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

A disappointing loss to say the least.

Favre did not look like he was into the game after that first pick. I don't know what was going on with him tonight, but he looked miffed on more than one occasion.

Good luck EJ. Hope your leg heals quick.

I was expecting a big game from AD, but boy did he let us down too. Sure he was running behind an injured line, but the guy is supposed to be the best back in all of football. Childress and Co. need to find a way to get his confidence back.

Overall it was a sad affair with very few positives. The biggest potential positive is that the Vikings should learn from this experience and grow because of it. If not, then it was just an ugly loss.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

CanuckVikereborn is offline Waterboy

What has happened to the run game? We have two excellent backs to carry the rock and they are constantly being hammered in the backfield...not only against Zona, but almost anyone we've play in the last 5 weeks. Our blocking scheme sucks in my opinion. Our pass game needs some sort of a running attack to be successful. Without it we are toast.
    None

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

If we dont get a more balanced offense, with the run game, we are done. We can not keep up with the colts, saints, cards etc without a good run game. Hutch had his worst game as a vike.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

We threw the ball 45 times tonight, we were playing from behind.

I don't see us struggling to run the ball on the Saints or Colts... we still won't beat them, that I can pretty much guarantee, but I don't see us struggling to run against those defenses.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Some have stated they weren't mad about this loss. I'm pissed.

The Vikings came out and seemed like they EXPECTED the Cardinals to lay down and let us walk all over them. Tyrell Johnson played HORRIBLE (his rookie backup, #33.. I can't remember his name.. Played way better than Johnson.. and even then it wasn't all that great). AP is starting to piss me off. His impatience to wait for blocks to set up are not only killing his game, but is killing our team. I swear to God if he runs into the back of our Oline again.. I'll freak out. It's starting to get old. REAL old.

The Cards deserved that game, allll around. They showed up to play. Congrats, Cards.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Hinkle is offline Training Camp

Just wow, out played in every phase and the injuries. Poor EJ, I was out of the room for the play and came back and was like ****, **** my jaw hit the floor. Everyone getting nicked up in the game really worried me more than the loss but I'm still pretty bummed about it. We just lacked continuity and weren't clicking at all. I just hope we can get healthy come play off time, last thing we need is a depleted team.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast