Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:VIKES vs CARDS POSTGAME THREAD

Im sorry if I don't believe his sole purpose was to get as close as he could to him

If that was his job then he should have made the tackle

And if it was his job to force him to a spot it should have been towards the sidelines.. Its basic football knowledge

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

V4L wrote:
    Im sorry if I don't believe his sole purpose was to get as close as he could to him

If that was his job then he should have made the tackle

And if it was his job to force him to a spot it should have been towards the sidelines.. Its basic football knowledge
    Of course its basic football knowledge. Sometimes the game gets past basics my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L wrote:

There you can see he commited WAY too far outside and didn't cut him off from the inside

He broke down horribly and just got ran right by
    I can't see shit. Just a red x. Damn firewall.

You can see vids. Take a look at this punt and then take a look at the next attempt. You should be able to see how the two are two completely different scenarios requiring to completely different approaches.

By the way, we might get another 10 pages or so out of this if we work real hard at it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L

I don't understand

What was he supposed to do there? Just drive at him? If that's the case then he should have been there to make the tackle.. he was close enough just commited too far outside.. Breaston made him look silly

I for one think he just jumped out of his lane and ran too far outside.. That simple

I don't feel he is the only one that doesnt have a lane

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Playing against a stingy Vikings defense that came into the game ranked eighth in total defense in the NFL, Warner had his way, completing 22 of 32 passes for 285 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions.
    Primetime players
    Marrdro's comment follows:
    Hmmmm, 8th ranked. To think, some are ready to throw them under the bus, restructure the whole backend etc etc etc.

Comeon guys/gals, we play a cover 2 defense. If the DL doesn't do its job and to get pressure, we have to bring LB'rs to help, our secondary is gonna get torched.

As the big guy said in a previous article.....

We know the defense goes as the front goes, and we didn't go as well at times tonight and he made big plays."
    +1
    I sure wish I could get ahold of the coaches tape. Who would have thought to put a LB deep and bring up a S to mirror AD and use the LB to cover the deep stuff. Fooled our WR's (they didn't run very decisive routes) and even confused our QB (That cat has seen everything).

Damn inovative if you ask me and one hell of a job at coaching. Nothing more, nothing less. Doesn't mean the team is falling apart.

Coaches will take that tape, analyze it, break it down for the players, end of discussion.
    It appears that they should have done a better job breaking down and analyzing tape of the Cards before last night, imo. :blink:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

V4L wrote:
    I don't understand

What was he supposed to do there? Just drive at him? If that's the case then he should have been there to make the tackle.. he was close enough just commited too far outside.. Breaston made him look silly

I for one think he just jumped out of his lane and ran too far outside.. That simple

I don't feel he is the only one that doesnt have a lane
    Lets try another tact.

Back in the day, when wedges were allowed, what was the wedge busters job? Bust the wedge and make the tackle, or was it bust the wedge so the other guys could make the tackle?

V4L

Been talkin to some Vikes players take it for what it's worth

They all said every player there had a lane

V4L wrote:

I am not disagreeing with that.

Point of discussion is based on a comment that #41 did a bad job.

I am only trying to explain what his role was in that play. The whole "He blew his lane" discussion with respect to the rest of the coverage unit you and I both agree on (I think).

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

This was an extremely dissapointing loss ... The team came out very flat and just plain had no drive at all .... I did not expect this type of play from our team this year.... they did not look motivated at all ... they actually looked dazed and confused .... We all know they can play better and dominate when their focused .... The question is why weren't they focused at this time of year ... This is when the great teams are their most focused.

V4L

Marrdro wrote:
    V4L wrote:

I am not disagreeing with that.

Point of discussion is based on a comment that #41 did a bad job.

I am only trying to explain what his role was in that play. The whole "He blew his lane" discussion with respect to the rest of the coverage unit you and I both agree on (I think).

Idk man.

I just feel his role was to stay in his lane and push Breaston outside.. He failed to

Im a lil tired I might be reading things different idk ha

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast