Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

VIKES vs CARDS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Thank goodness.

What a fricken comeback!

Can our Defense play like this all year...please? WE NEED TO BRING PRESSURE!!! JA is starting to earn back his keep.

Still in the game folks!

Penalties need fixed...again. Geesh.

Bernard who? About time this guy played.

Perc is such a stud.

Greenway is so underrated!

Brett was the man!

Chiller lives to play another Sunday!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: VIKES vs CARDS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

It's nice to finally get a win

Chilly is still a douche

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

They needed the win but I can't get excited. OT to beat the Cardinals?

I thought the team looked like they had quit until we turned Favre loose after falling behind by 2 scores. The passing game seemed to re-energize the team.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We won. That's rare.

Defence played for maybe one series? It was all blitzes because we knew they were passing. Why not just assume they are passing all the time and blitz every play? it is obvious that the front 4 cannot get it done.

Favre. 400+ yards. where in the hell did that come from? Neato really. Ap is a beast. Harvin is a beast.

BB and his shoes are the only reason we won.
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Thank goodness.

What a fricken comeback!

Can our Defense play like this all year...please? WE NEED TO BRING PRESSURE!!! JA is starting to earn back his keep.

Still in the game folks!

Penalties need fixed...again. Geesh.

Bernard who? About time this guy played.

Perc is such a stud.

Greenway is so underrated!

Brett was the man!

Chiller lives to play another Sunday!
    +1, even though the Cards rank 27th in defense

Jared Allen...there you are! We missed you.

Berrian...there you are! Were the fuck have you been.
    AD is still a beast, but damnit! Learn how to block.

Chilly, still some very vanilla play calling. What's with all the LOS & < 5 yard throws.

It appeared to me, that in the 4th quarter, the players were feeding off each other & dug deep, despite coaching, to pull this one out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

gregair13 wrote:
    BB and his shoes are the only reason we won.
    LOL! Those are some ugly-ass yellow shoes, but if the shoes work, wear 'em.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Defence finally found their groove after letting the Cards convert too often on 3rd down for my liking.
    Finally we managed to get a win with a team that we know can do so much better than they have done so far.

Peterson really got his legs going when his back was up and Harvin played out of his skin. There were several instances when a fully fit QB would have run for the first down or TD - but thats not a cry for TJ to come in.

In all a fair game that we won in spite of Chilly and not due to his stunning ability to motivate the team. From what I saw the team motivated themselves so at least we know they're not ready to mail in the season just yet.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

petev_sj is offline Training Camp

While I still see a lack of urgency from this year's team, The last 4 minutes of the game goes to show you what they are capable of. They have the talent to score at will.

I don't like to end on down note after a win like that, except for number 85's effort at the strip to save the TD. This team does not do a whole lot of extras to win games. They tackle and then celebrate, no effort at holding the guy up to make the strip fumble.

Chilly still needs to be fired immediately though.

SkolPensacola is offline Training Camp

A win is a win. Can't be picky at this point. D showed up big time in the 4th. Game ball for Camarillo for forcing that fumble on the Favre pick in the 1st quarter and for some nice grabs. AD is a frickin beastly mans man. We're still in it, but can't have an off-day the rest of the year.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Take that you naysaying, jerkwad, whimpering, sniveling, me, me, wedge dividing, sniveling (I knows I said it twice I wanted to stress it), sess pool dwelling ass waddddddddddD

And to all you sports hacks that have swamped us with the little cliches.....

a. Lost the team.
    b. Divided locker room.
    c. Team won't play for him.
    d. Fire him.........

Up yours as well. Especially you hacks on ESPN. Sounds like you've been taking writing lessens from the mouse.......

Do you know what defines this team?

The second to the last play when it was third and long and the last shot you see (in close) is AD struggling for every inch and Percy is right next to him laying a block.

A fricken 41 year old QB........ that has a busted ankle, a noodle for an arm, stitches in his chin, ......crying when he had his greatest game (Passing Yards) with the likes of PH, Greg Camarillo, Greg Lewis, Bernard Berrien, Visanthe Shiancoe, catching the ball. Not just one or two, all of them my friends.

Thats what defines a team. Not some ass who wasn't getting his numbers and started to piss about it.

One more thing, our Heach Coach. Love him or hate him, he is not afraid to try to get the second best WR to ever play the game, but he was also man enough to get rid of his ass when it was causing problems.

Another thing he isn't afraid to do, get on a players ass when he isn't playing/living up to the potential he has.

I don't think any other coach would get Percy to realize he isn't playing up to Percy. All he had to do was convince him he was better for this team that ole PatsRandy was.

On to the Pros...
    Our LB'rs can I say it again........Our LB'rs

The Noodle. Yes even the Noodle. 446 yds. I don't blame him for all of the INT's either. A couple weren't his fault.

WR. Your all the man, especially PH. I'll take his motivated ass long before I would another certain ex Viks/Raider/Pats/Viks reciever.

Cam. Thats exactly what I thought I would see with you and PH on the field. Funny how BB had such a great game after the both of you could work your stuff.

Just think about it, Sydney could have played tonight but the staff knew better than all of us yutzs and that the WR corps would be OK without him for one more game.

DL, yea, the DL, but don't think I missed how you almost gave it away. Came out hot in the first quarter and played your ass off the 4th quarter. Way to step up. When we had our starters out there, fresh, ready to play, nothing can stop them. Lets see a bit more of JA/Ray meeting at the QB like we did today. Only a couple of times we saw the pocket collapse but it did when we needed.

OL. A few gaffs. But there was a who lotta grinding going on in there for those who choose to watch it. Loved how Sully recovered from the early penalty and then (after a Noodle hard count) snap it when he saw the encrougement.

Coaches.

Bevs.....It was exciting to see what the WR's were gonna do each and everyplay. So many ingenious shifts and scrapes/rubs. Best game you've ever called.

Do wonder about using Toby as a FB.

Leslie, Leslie, Leslie. I was ready to take a hit out on you in the middle of the game. Especially after the stuff we saw early in the game. Nice pressure early, but it sure slacked off when you were taking JA, Phat Pat, Kev and Ray out. Sometimes all of them it seemed.

I guess, in the end, the big four were ready when we needed them. Maybe, just maybe, you have figured out the rotation thing I've been hacking on you for some time.

KLUWE KLUWE KLUWE. Thats enough for now. Great game my friend.

Cons

STs Coverage. Almost cost us the game.

Penalties. Seems like they come at the wrong time.

Other than those two things, not much to beeeyyyyatch about...... :laugh: :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast