Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 163
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD

    "VikingMD" wrote:
    This year has been crazy fun. In years past, I've usually had a nervous anxious feeling prior to some games and more often than not, end up watching the game on the edge of my seat or even standing throughout some drives but not this year. For the first time in a long time, I've been able to sit back and enjoy the game.
    Absolutely!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD

    Great win for the Vikes!


    I would have liked to see more running plays... but in the end you go with what works, and I really can't second guess the play calling of our offensive coordinator and coach after we steamroll a division opponent.

    Percy Harvin is becoming a force to be reckoned with.
    Favre was amazing (again).
    Taylor showed that he still definately has skills (I will miss him next year).

    God this is a great year to be a Vikings fan!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD

    This game made me very happy and sad.
    I'm happy because I have not felt this confident about this team since '98. We are even better than that team. Sure they have us beat on WRs but our RBs and Qbs are better. TE is better and Defense is light years ahead(measure of distance not time).

    I'm sadden because we will lose key peices this offseason. Edwards is unsigned and may not be in our long term plans, CT is certainly gone unless he decides staying is more important than glory.

  4. #24
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD

    Great dominate game again. Farve is unreal. PH is getting better every week. He has great hands.
    AD needs to start playing. Dont know if hes hurt or what. And his fumbles are going to put him on the sidelines.

  5. #25
    realviking's Avatar
    realviking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    76

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD

    If the 2009 draft were to be re-done tomorrow, would PH go No.1? I say yes!
    When there's weather to report, I report the weather.

  6. #26
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD


    Great win, and we now beat the teams...no make that we steamroll the teams we are suppose to beat. When was the last time you could say that?


    I do however have a question for the folks who watch and know line play. Is it perhaps losing Birk and his ability to pull that has cut down on AD's obscene performance? I am, of course, happy with Sullivan's play, but it makes me wonder. Not many (I am led to believe) centers can pull effectively, and I have seen guards pulling, but not the center. Am I just too excited actually seeing KAO, or is there perhaps something to that?

  7. #27
    Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    259

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD

    "UTVikfan" wrote:


    Great win, and we now beat the teams...no make that we steamroll the teams we are suppose to beat. When was the last time you could say that?



    I do however have a question for the folks who watch and know line play. Is it perhaps losing Birk and his ability to pull that has cut down on AD's obscene performance? I am, of course, happy with Sullivan's play, but it makes me wonder. Not many (I am led to believe) centers can pull effectively, and I have seen guards pulling, but not the center. Am I just too excited actually seeing KAO, or is there perhaps something to that?
    I think losing Birk did hurt a little, but I think it's more the fact that teams are still lining up in the box against him, and we aren't forced to run with it anyway.
    He has not near as many carries this year as he did last, because teams would stack the box and we had to deal with it.
    This year, they stack the box, AP doesn't get very far, and Favre.... well we all know what Favre does to defenses that stack the box.

  8. #28
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD


    Good point, Purple J, and I did leave that out. But, on running plays with them all in the box, just like last year, I am beginning to wonder if that is the difference. However I am (slight *cough* understatement) no O-line guru. Plus it pisses me off that some Titans back is in the lead on yards. Hahahhahahah.

  9. #29
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    From nfl.com:

    The Vikings amassed 537 total yards to the Bears' 126. It was the most yards a team has racked up against Chicago since 1982.
    I think that pretty much sums up the game.
    That's a stat to be proud of.
    Not an easy Defense no matter how pathetic that team is.

    This is also a stat to be proud of.

    Vikes D holds Bears to 2 yards offense in the 2nd half.

    Bears had 4 drives in the 2nd half.

    1st drive

    4 plays
    -12 yards
    (5 yard penalty included)
    2nd drive
    3 plays

    9 yards
    3rd drive

    3 plays

    3 yards
    4th drive

    3 plays

    -3 yards

    total
    -3 yards take out the penalty and 2 yards of offense for Bears.

    That is amazing
    -
    Way to go Defense!

    That is domination!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #30
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME THREAD

    I wanted to give props to Chilly for trading for Artis Hicks!

    I am glad he is not starting, but in relief the guy is a stud and has done a great job backing up the starting line.

    Chilly took a lot of grief for bring him and some other players over from Philly but Hicks has worked out well for the Vikes.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 02:34 PM
  2. The Official Vikings vs. Bears Postgame thread
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 04:49 AM
  3. OFFICIAL VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 07:11 AM
  4. Vikes vs Bears Postgame Thread
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 320
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 09:02 PM
  5. VIKES vs CARDS POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •