Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Vikes v Bears Postgame Thread

The misery is finally over. We can only get better from here.

July 4 1776 is offline Training Camp
    Good job jared, i hope this shows people at the very least that webb is not a talented enough passer to be our starting qb and we get a line and let ponder get a shot next year. Hell if webb was any slower he would have got murdered also today and may also have been knocked out of the game. Regardless our d played well today for a change. Skol Next year lol
    AP AD

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Mercifully the season comes to an end. We managed to tie the worst season in Viking history. But I don't care because the VIKINGS ARE AWSOME.

WWBGD

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravikingfan View Post
    The misery is finally over. We can only get better from here.
    Not necessarily.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by July 4 1776 View Post
    Good job jared, i hope this shows people at the very least that webb is not a talented enough passer to be our starting qb and we get a line and let ponder get a shot next year. Hell if webb was any slower he would have got murdered also today and may also have been knocked out of the game. Regardless our d played well today for a change. Skol Next year lol
    Webb looked pretty good. Should have been a bunch of sacks, but he was too strong. Had no time to throw on most plays but found receivers on others. I still think Ponder is our starter, but can't blame Webb for this loss
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Webb looked pretty good. Should have been a bunch of sacks, but he was too strong. Had no time to throw on most plays but found receivers on others. I still think Ponder is our starter, but can't blame Webb for this loss
    I thought Webb played very well in relief of Ponder. JA is the best DE in the game right now. Hope Tobey is OK he was looking good today. Harvin as usual played hard and well. O-line sucked again. D played pretty well. Secondary looked confused at times but didn't play that bad. Next year we have to get some O linemen, secondary help and receiver help. We made it through a very ugly season. I can only hope next year goes better. Gettin too old for this. Would like to see the Vikes win before I die.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Classless on the Bears part to not allow Allen the sacks record? The entire NFL knows that Favre and GB gave Strahan the record with a lay down sack. Allen deserves the record because he got to 22 on his own.

On a side note, the Vikings showed why they are a terrible team. They can't manage anything, and do every necessary to lose a game. What would they have gained by winning this game? Nothing except pushing themselves out of a very good draft position to help build their team going forward. The defensive backs decide to create turnovers for the first time all season long thus getting their defense off the field when they could have helped their teammate get the sacks record and actually put some kind of a bright spot on a crappy season.

Lastly, if I were Jared Allen, I would demand a trade. His talents are second to none and he deserves much better than to be wasting away on this team. He deserves a shot at a SB Title, and he won't get that in Minnesota.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler
    Jared Allen for Matt Flynn, the Vikings will score more points and the Packers will go 16-0 next year.
    None

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Classless on the Bears part to not allow Allen the sacks record? The entire NFL knows that Favre and GB gave Strahan the record with a lay down sack. Allen deserves the record because he got to 22 on his own.

On a side note, the Vikings showed why they are a terrible team. They can't manage anything, and do every necessary to lose a game. What would they have gained by winning this game? Nothing except pushing themselves out of a very good draft position to help build their team going forward. The defensive backs decide to create turnovers for the first time all season long thus getting their defense off the field when they could have helped their teammate get the sacks record and actually put some kind of a bright spot on a crappy season.

Lastly, if I were Jared Allen, I would demand a trade. His talents are second to none and he deserves much better than to be wasting away on this team. He deserves a shot at a SB Title, and he won't get that in Minnesota.
    I think it was classless for hillbilly Brett to lay down for Strahan. JA can hold his head high, he's a hell of a player and everybody knows it. JA has enough class to walk away from a laydown sack.
    None

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Classless on the Bears part to not allow Allen the sacks record?
    No, as sweet as it would've been to get the sack record I'm glad he didn't get it on a lay down. He can hang his head high knowing he got more LEGIT sacks in a season than anyone ever (well since they started keeping track of sacks).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast