Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I don't agree with the two choices he presented and I am not sure that players alone can turn that offense into anything resembling a powerhouse.

Agreed...he addresses only the glamorous positions. All great O's begin with great players in the trenches, and we definitely need some help there.
    I think the writer is assuming we will pick up those offensive line needs in the draft.
    We assumed that last year.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We don't need Oline help!!! We need a Qb that will make Defensive CO. think twice about blitz us on every down. Our line can handle it's on when they send 5 men after the QB. It's when they send 6 or more blitzers that we struggle. Why is that? Because our Qb cannot spot the blitz and throw the ball on his 3rd step. If our QB had any respect in the league we will see less 6 + men coming after our QB and our oline can do it's job. There is a reason they say Championships are built with Good Qbs and DEs. We can put 15 other Qbs behind this line and they would excell. We have one of the best lines in football; Running and Passing. It's our QB situations that sucks. Could you imagine if we had a line like oaklands and houstons? We have a top 5 Oline. Get me a top 15 QB and we will excel.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I don't agree with the two choices he presented and I am not sure that players alone can turn that offense into anything resembling a powerhouse.

Agreed...he addresses only the glamorous positions. All great O's begin with great players in the trenches, and we definitely need some help there.
    I think the writer is assuming we will pick up those offensive line needs in the draft.
    We assumed that last year.
    And didn't we, in a sense? We gave up some draft picks for a good defensive lineman. Think about it!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    We don't need Oline help!!! We need a Qb that will make Defensive CO. think twice about blitz us on every down. Our line can handle it's on when they send 5 men after the QB. It's when they send 6 or more blitzers that we struggle. Why is that? Because our Qb cannot spot the blitz and throw the ball on his 3rd step. If our QB had any respect in the league we will see less 6 + men coming after our QB and our oline can do it's job. There is a reason they say Championships are built with Good Qbs and DEs. We can put 15 other Qbs behind this line and they would excell. We have one of the best lines in football; Running and Passing. It's our QB situations that sucks. Could you imagine if we had a line like oaklands and houstons? We have a top 5 Oline. Get me a top 15 QB and we will excel.
    actually we do need O Line help as the present crew is not playing at All-Pro level at ALL positions and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Yes the QB position is suspect and doesn't help but the OL is not the powerhouse that some would like to think. I disagree that that 15 other QBs would excel behind this line as they would not get the time that they need.

Back to the original article - Hassleback could be a good pickup and one that we may have a better chance of making. Cassell won't be a Vike next year - the Pats will ramp up up the price for him or Brady ( as one will be going ) to make it too steep for us to go after. As for Houshmanzadeh I can't see the Bengals letting him go in FA but can see the logic in going to upgrade the WR position further.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    actually we do need O Line help as the present crew is not playing at All-Pro level at ALL positions and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Yes the QB position is suspect and doesn't help but the OL is not the powerhouse that some would like to think. I disagree that that 15 other QBs would excel behind this line as they would not get the time that they need.

Back to the original article - Hassleback could be a good pickup and one that we may have a better chance of making. Cassell won't be a Vike next year - the Pats will ramp up up the price for him or Brady ( as one will be going ) to make it too steep for us to go after. As for Houshmanzadeh I can't see the Bengals letting him go in FA but can see the logic in going to upgrade the WR position further.
    Thank you Angelo Vike. Another voice of reason that sees the problems from a wider viewpoint than "we just need a new QB and things will be fine."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Sorry Cojo, I have to disagree with you LOL

"Nephilim" wrote:
    Sorry Cojo, I have to disagree with you LOL
    That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would just like to see more reasons why people have the opinions they have rather than just saying "no."
    To say we don't need O line help is just not right. No QB in the league would work well behind the Vikes O line. So we need to address that issue, possibly a QB and I think we need another receiver to stretch the field to keep people from jamming the box.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Cojo, its called my vague sense of humor LOL I DO agree with you. I'd love to see a RG or RT, it seems those are the points we always miss out on.

"Nephilim" wrote:
    Cojo, its called my vague sense of humor LOL I DO agree with you

I have to admit, you do have a weird sense of humor.
    LOL By the way, I added a bit more to my post while you were writing me.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Yeah, Cojo, I was editing as you were adding LOL

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast