Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100
  1. #11
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I don't agree with the two choices he presented and I am not sure that players alone can turn that offense into anything resembling a powerhouse.

    Agreed...he addresses only the glamorous positions. All great O's begin with great players in the trenches, and we definitely need some help there.
    I think the writer is assuming we will pick up those offensive line needs in the draft.
    We assumed that last year.

  2. #12
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    We don't need Oline help!!! We need a Qb that will make Defensive CO. think twice about blitz us on every down. Our line can handle it's on when they send 5 men after the QB. It's when they send 6 or more blitzers that we struggle. Why is that? Because our Qb cannot spot the blitz and throw the ball on his 3rd step. If our QB had any respect in the league we will see less 6 + men coming after our QB and our oline can do it's job. There is a reason they say Championships are built with Good Qbs and DEs. We can put 15 other Qbs behind this line and they would excell. We have one of the best lines in football; Running and Passing. It's our QB situations that sucks. Could you imagine if we had a line like oaklands and houstons? We have a top 5 Oline. Get me a top 15 QB and we will excel.

  3. #13
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I don't agree with the two choices he presented and I am not sure that players alone can turn that offense into anything resembling a powerhouse.

    Agreed...he addresses only the glamorous positions. All great O's begin with great players in the trenches, and we definitely need some help there.
    I think the writer is assuming we will pick up those offensive line needs in the draft.
    We assumed that last year.
    And didn't we, in a sense? We gave up some draft picks for a good defensive lineman. Think about it!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  4. #14
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    We don't need Oline help!!! We need a Qb that will make Defensive CO. think twice about blitz us on every down. Our line can handle it's on when they send 5 men after the QB. It's when they send 6 or more blitzers that we struggle. Why is that? Because our Qb cannot spot the blitz and throw the ball on his 3rd step. If our QB had any respect in the league we will see less 6 + men coming after our QB and our oline can do it's job. There is a reason they say Championships are built with Good Qbs and DEs. We can put 15 other Qbs behind this line and they would excell. We have one of the best lines in football; Running and Passing. It's our QB situations that sucks. Could you imagine if we had a line like oaklands and houstons? We have a top 5 Oline. Get me a top 15 QB and we will excel.
    actually we do need O Line help as the present crew is not playing at All-Pro level at ALL positions and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Yes the QB position is suspect and doesn't help but the OL is not the powerhouse that some would like to think. I disagree that that 15 other QBs would excel behind this line as they would not get the time that they need.

    Back to the original article - Hassleback could be a good pickup and one that we may have a better chance of making. Cassell won't be a Vike next year - the Pats will ramp up up the price for him or Brady ( as one will be going ) to make it too steep for us to go after. As for Houshmanzadeh I can't see the Bengals letting him go in FA but can see the logic in going to upgrade the WR position further.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  5. #15
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    We don't need Oline help!!! We need a Qb that will make Defensive CO. think twice about blitz us on every down. Our line can handle it's on when they send 5 men after the QB. It's when they send 6 or more blitzers that we struggle. Why is that? Because our Qb cannot spot the blitz and throw the ball on his 3rd step. If our QB had any respect in the league we will see less 6 + men coming after our QB and our oline can do it's job. There is a reason they say Championships are built with Good Qbs and DEs. We can put 15 other Qbs behind this line and they would excell. We have one of the best lines in football; Running and Passing. It's our QB situations that sucks. Could you imagine if we had a line like oaklands and houstons? We have a top 5 Oline. Get me a top 15 QB and we will excel.
    actually we do need O Line help as the present crew is not playing at All-Pro level at ALL positions and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Yes the QB position is suspect and doesn't help but the OL is not the powerhouse that some would like to think. I disagree that that 15 other QBs would excel behind this line as they would not get the time that they need.

    Back to the original article - Hassleback could be a good pickup and one that we may have a better chance of making. Cassell won't be a Vike next year - the Pats will ramp up up the price for him or Brady ( as one will be going ) to make it too steep for us to go after. As for Houshmanzadeh I can't see the Bengals letting him go in FA but can see the logic in going to upgrade the WR position further.
    Thank you Angelo Vike. Another voice of reason that sees the problems from a wider viewpoint than "we just need a new QB and things will be fine."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  6. #16
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    Sorry Cojo, I have to disagree with you LOL

  7. #17
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    "Nephilim" wrote:
    Sorry Cojo, I have to disagree with you LOL
    That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would just like to see more reasons why people have the opinions they have rather than just saying "no."
    To say we don't need O line help is just not right. No QB in the league would work well behind the Vikes O line. So we need to address that issue, possibly a QB and I think we need another receiver to stretch the field to keep people from jamming the box.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #18
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    Cojo, its called my vague sense of humor LOL I DO agree with you. I'd love to see a RG or RT, it seems those are the points we always miss out on.

  9. #19
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    "Nephilim" wrote:
    Cojo, its called my vague sense of humor LOL I DO agree with you

    I have to admit, you do have a weird sense of humor.
    LOL By the way, I added a bit more to my post while you were writing me.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  10. #20
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Vikes are two moves away from a powerhouse offense

    Yeah, Cojo, I was editing as you were adding LOL

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFC: Non-powerhouse Football Conference
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 08:16 AM
  2. Morning Roster Moves - Vikes Sign Two LB
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 09:53 PM
  3. Vikes Voted #1 in FA Moves
    By LAVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 03:05 AM
  4. Rick Spielmann article in ESPN Insider-Vikes FA moves
    By Muggsy in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 03:35 AM
  5. why the vikings will be a powerhouse if fowler gets the team
    By michaelmazid in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 04:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •