Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikes & Trotters Agent Talking

KFAN.COM had the following to say:

Jeremiah Trotter, released last week in a salary-cutting move by Washington, and ex-Steeler Jason Gildon are the highest-profile free agent linebackers available.

A team source confirmed to the FAN late Monday afternoon that Trotter's agent, Jimmy Sexton, has contacted the Vikings about his client.

Get this guy signed !!

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Come on Red, you've done so well this off season! don't let us down now!

DoyleRulz84 is offline Rookie

That would be great if this is true
    4ee016e435d4da86194a9f140c831959

Please,please, let us get him. [-o<
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Well, I'm not gonna get too excited until I hear that we are at least interested in him. As well as Red has done this off-season, I think that we have our team now and we won't be picking up anyone else. I wish that we would pick up either gildon or Trotter, but I think that they will go with who we have at line-backer and hope that there is no injuries.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

On the Vikings.com site Tice says he wants to get some more experience in on linebacker becuase we got rid of Crockett and that Beikert retired.
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Might not happen guys, looks like we got keith newman instead.

Fallout from fight arrests begins for Vikings
    Kevin Seifert and David Chanen, Star Tribune
    June 8, 2004

Repercussions of a Saturday night brawl began being felt Monday at Winter Park. Vikings officials made plans to release tight end Steve Farmer, two team sources said, and they also are expected to sign veteran linebacker Keith Newman as an insurance policy for starter E.J. Henderson.

Farmer, Henderson, linebacker Mike Nattiel and Nattiel's uncle were arrested early Sunday morning outside a Minneapolis nightclub.

After an internal investigation, the team sources said, the Vikings determined that Farmer instigated the fight and that Henderson and Nattiel joined in to defend Farmer.

Farmer's release could become official as early as today. Newman likely will be in uniform for development practice today at Winter Park.

Coach Mike Tice said he could not talk about the legal circumstances, although he acknowledged the team's newfound desire to upgrade its linebacking corps.

Tice met Monday with Farmer, Henderson and Nattiel. Farmer, whose face was swollen Monday, denied his suspected role, but the team sources said the Vikings' investigation corroborated that of Minneapolis police -- who witnessed the four men beating Troy Lamont Jones, 32, of Brooklyn Center. A representative of the players disputed the results of those investigations.

The fight between Jones and the Vikings players and Nattiel's uncle started when one of the players -- the Vikings believe it was Farmer -- bumped into Jones' wife outside the nightclub Tabú, sources with knowledge of the case said.

Jones allegedly told one of the players to apologize, words were exchanged and a fight ensued, the sources said.

First Precinct Inspector Rob Allen said police were patrolling the area in front of Tabú and witnessed the fight. The officers saw three or four men stomping a man who was on the ground and unconscious, Allen said.

The two officers tried to pull the Vikings players and the man off Jones and used a chemical irritant, Allen said. The officers called for backup and eventually were able to arrest the men.

Bill Mauzy, who is representing the three Vikings players, said eyewitness statements from defense investigators agree that Farmer didn't initiate physical contact and that he was "assaulted by the purported victim and others."

"Farmer was properly defending himself because he was being attacked by several people," he said. "It was a chaotic scene outside the bar at closing time."

Mauzy said the Vikings denied that they hit or stomped Jones after he was on the ground. He also said the Vikings players hadn't been interviewed by police.

Lt. Mike Carlson, head of the department's homicide unit, said police plan to present the case to the Hennepin County attorney's office today.

Tice has banned players from Tabú since the arrests, the team sources said. It is likely that Henderson and Nattiel will face some sort of financial penalty from the team. If convicted, they also would be subject to a fine or suspension from the NFL or both.

On the field, Henderson and Nattiel remained in the starting lineup during development camp practice Monday. Tice indicated he will accelerate the competition between Nattiel and second-round draft choice Dontarrious Thomas at weak-side linebacker.

Neither Nattiel nor Henderson started a game last season, and their recent troubles -- both players have been arrested for drunken driving within the past year -- have given the Vikings cause to reconsider their depth at linebacker.

Newman, who is entering his sixth season, would provide veteran stability and could push Henderson if he falters or has a setback in his recovery from surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. Newman played in 12 games for Atlanta last season, finishing with 40 tackles and two sacks. He was released in April.

Farmer, Henderson and Nattiel refused to speak with reporters Monday.

Etc.

• The Vikings have scheduled a Friday workout for would-be defensive lineman Brock Lesnar, the ex-Gophers and WWE wrestler who is attempting to launch a football career. The workout will take place at Winter Park. Coaches and scouts remain skeptical of Lesnar's football aptitude but are willing to give him a chance.

• Former Gophers quarterback Asad Abdul-Khaliq worked out for a second time Monday with the Vikings. Tice said the Vikings will not sign him.

• Former St. John's receiver Blake Elliott will need at least nine and as many as 12 months to recover fully from the broken left leg he suffered Friday, trainer Chuck Barta said. Doctors inserted a pin into his left fibula during surgery Saturday, and Elliott also has several torn ligaments in the ankle.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

D2M
    D2M is offline Training Camp

This would be a solid signing if we get him, but i'm not gonna be all that upset if we don't. I'm confident that our LBs will get the job done and Trotter may be expensive.

D2M 8)

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Who in the heck is this Newman guy?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I've never heard of him, whats his rap sheet look like?? any dwi's or arrests??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast