Re: Vikes top 3 weaknesses

1) Linebackers

2) Corey Chavous

3) Not starting MeMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

We are blaming a defensive coordinator who had absolutly nothing to work with. Of course he had to play conservative, he had no one back that could defend against the pass.
    This year he will be different. I'm betting you see a much more agressive defensive line and a linebacker corps that does lots of blitzing.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

no one back that could defend against the pass? winfield? chavous? 1 year before cotrell and chavous and brian williams had 15 interceptions between them

ej henderson? he was supposed to be an amazing
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Wait... We have a weakness?

since when?

since:Post subject: Vikes top 3 weaknesses
    Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:16 pm :grin:
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Wait... We have a weakness?

since when?
    Yea man, I was thinking the same thing. :smile:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Del Rio Guest

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    We are blaming a defensive coordinator who had absolutly nothing to work with. Of course he had to play conservative, he had no one back that could defend against the pass.
    This year he will be different. I'm betting you see a much more agressive defensive line and a linebacker corps that does lots of blitzing.
    Yep I'm blaming his ass. No doubt in my mind the majority of our problems rest on teddy's shoulders.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Yep I'm blaming his jiggly butt. No doubt in my mind the majority of our problems rest on teddy's shoulders.
    You may have a valid point, but I have a question as to how you can justify that

Teddy couldn't peel the defense's ears back and let them go, because we would get burned deep, because we had only one corner who could cover. 3 and 4 wide sets ate us up, because we had to drop so many incompetent men back into coverage

I see that changing this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Yep I'm blaming his jiggly butt. No doubt in my mind the majority of our problems rest on teddy's shoulders.
    You may have a valid point, but I have a question as to how you can justify that

Teddy couldn't peel the defense's ears back and let them go, because we would get burned deep, because we had only one corner who could cover. 3 and 4 wide sets ate us up, because we had to drop so many incompetent men back into coverage

I agree.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Yea, I really agree with that. Ted had nothing to work with last year at all. He had to leave more people in coverage which gave the opposing QB an easy job. As I'm sure you've heard or read him say if you've been keeping up with the vikes this offseason then I'm sure you've heard him say he'll be leaving our DB's on an island because they will be able to cover better. When you can leave your DB's on an island the opposing QB is pressured more which can lead to sacks and turnovers.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast