Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Vikes top 3 weaknesses

Like I said my distatse for the guy is opinionated and skewed he has a history of playing very conservative and I do not support that. If he helps us win I'll scratch him off my assasination list.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

We should be some blitz-happy mothertruckers this season, with Smoot and Winfield. Either should be fine in man to man, add Sharper and hopefully, Chavous, as the safeties, we should be blitzing a LB on every play.

I'd kind of like to see some zone blitzing, too. But, I don't know if I feel comfortable with our D-line in pass coverage.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

the team definitely loaded up on talent in the off-season, best talent at this point then I can remember (definitely enough talent to win the big show). Unfortunately it takes more than talent. Can they play together as a team and utilize each other's talent effectively and get it going early in the season.

#1 Coaching -- New offensive coordinator, Tice still learning how to manage a game from start to finish (gets better each year though) and a defensive coordinator who hasn't shown much yet
    #2 Special teams -- how many times did the vikes give up field position due to poor kicking and kick coverage last year and missed field goals and reluctance to try a field goal and....
    #3 Start of the season with all the new players/personnel in the system --- Seems like a whole new team from last year, hopefully they'll be able to gel quick and finish strong.

If this defense doesn't kick some serious opponent QB booty, then Cottrell has to go.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"vegasvikingguy" wrote:
    I think our team as of today has three weaknesses.

#1 Special teams (major weakness)- We need a kicker to stand up, better coverage and returns. (bring back chris walsh )

#2 We need to get ourselfs another proven linebacker to help out. This is our second weakest area on the team that needs attention.

#3 I"m still not comfortable with the O-line, but the offensive is number three on my list of concerns. If they can play out of their a** they will cancel worry #2.

So, we need to work on our special teams.
    In your other thread you had our Offensive Line as the top weakness.

"vegasvikingguy" wrote:
    I think the offensive line could be our biggest weakness!
    Which one is it? :lol:

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vegasvikingguy" wrote:
    I think our team as of today has three weaknesses.

#1 Special teams (major weakness)- We need a kicker to stand up, better coverage and returns. (bring back chris walsh )

#2 We need to get ourselfs another proven linebacker to help out. This is our second weakest area on the team that needs attention.

#3 I"m still not comfortable with the O-line, but the offensive is number three on my list of concerns. If they can play out of their a** they will cancel worry #2.

So, we need to work on our special teams.
    In your other thread you had our Offensive Line as the top weakness.

"vegasvikingguy" wrote:
    I think the offensive line could be our biggest weakness!
    Which one is it? :lol:

We must have talked him out of it. :grin:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He doesn't stand by his beliefs very firmly! :lol:

vegasvikingguy is offline Waterboy

I still have concerns for the O-Line until they prove otherwise.I think they could still be one of our biggest weakness. I do know that special teams is a proven weakness of this team and needs the most attention at this time.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

About Ted Cottrell, I'm not really sure how "proven" the man is. I do know his players seem to like him or we wouldn't have signed players like Winfield and Cowart.

I've heard he is planning on having a more aggressive defense this year. I certainly hope so. We can do that with better coverage guys. I think that will make a world of difference for Williams and Udeze. As far as top 3 weaknesses I pick:

1- Kicking/Special Teams - It should be improved with Bennett kicking better or Dorsch kicking like he did in NFLEL. The addition of Edinger should help provided he is back to his old self. Like I said, the depth we have will help the STs but I would have to say it is still a weakness until they go out and prove themselves.

2 - Total "D" - With the holdouts of CC and BW, we can't really say we have depth yet. Also, these guys have never played together before. This is another part of the team where it should be upgraded tremendously but until I see how well they gel together and how well personnel come back from injuries, this is still a weakness.

3 - RB - Not because of a lack of talent. Everyone of our RBs have enough talent to start. The problem lies with questions. Will Bennett live to his potential? Will he stay healthy? If Bennett does gets hurt, will someone step in as a starter and stay there? Again, nothing against any of our RBs, there are just too many questions right now.

I HAVE 2 MAJOR CONCERNS::::
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

AND.....
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast