PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Vikes' team leaders.

Who are those immovable forces of emotional and resiliant physical balance on the Vikings? in short, which players are the team leaders?
    who gives it their all even when we are losing? i figure this is good question after such an uneven lose to the Smalls.

i'd vote for Kleinsasser if he were still able to play.

My defensive list:
    Antoine Winfield--this guy never gives up.
    Kevin Williams--he's a beast.

Offense:
    Matt Birk--steady even through injury

does the offense have a true unyeilding game after game leadership presence that never gives up even through injury and even when coming from behind? who does the vikes' O and D rely on when times are tough?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes' team leaders.

Chavous is a team leader on D.

If I am not mistaken, I think he is a captain.

Williams and Birk for sure.

I think Roanell could be a leader in the near future.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Vikes' team leaders.

ok I see a major problem here as I have said a QB must foremost be a leader. So it apears some of you agree with me about Culpepper not being a leader.

PA I for one would not want to cross that woman in your pic she looks mean.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Vikes' team leaders.

I'd have to disagree with you - I think Culpepper is a leader. As well as Birk, and I think Moss to some extent, at least behind the scenes. On D I would say Chavous and Winfield.

Isn't that woman the chick from "A Different World", that Cosby show spinoff?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Vikes' team leaders.

the chick is Jasmine Guy from a different world...ding ding ding... shochzilla--you're right? however, i am using her mug cause of a really cool show that plays on Showtime called "Dead Like Me"... Ms. guy plays a grim reaper who also has a job as a police woman... this just screams pitfoils... you all should check it out... Ms. Guy isn't the main character but she is in it... it is pretty funny.

alright, it would make sense for the QB to be the team leader and in a sense Culpooper is--by the sense that if he is having a bad game the rest of the offense follows suit and sucks as bad... he is a great player, but gets too flustered when the team is trying to catch up from a 2 score deficit. however, he is not the true leader all the time... he is more like a "domino" leader--when the machine is working, the team looks to him for guidance to keep the machine going (and the dominoes keep falling) but once the machine starts to stall, he doesn't get out the starter fluid (the dominoes run out) generally. the team doesn't have anyone to turn to then, i feel. that is why we get the sense that when things are going bad, the whole Offense seems to be confused.

however, we can all agree to Birk is a team leader.

and Moss is a leader now a days off the field... he is a good teacher for the young recievers now that he put his ego aside... however, he has a history of crying when he doesn't get enough looks... Him and Culpeeper are about the same in leadership ability i think...maybe culpepper has a smidge more...don't know?

well, that's what i think for all it's worth...

later.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Vikes' team leaders.

Chavous is absolutely our best leader on defense. A few weeks ago they were asking one of the LBs, I think it was Claiborne about him, and he said that before each play Chavous will tell them "watch out for this play or that player, etc.". And it turns out Chavous is almost always right about it. The guy is a part time defensive coordinator.

On offense, I think it would have to be Moss. These last couple seasons it's become a lot more visible how his leadership is working for the team. Even when he's on the sidelines, he is either advising the coaches on possible plays, or cheering on the defense. But I agree about Culpepper and Birk being leaders too.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters