Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

VIkes signed Andersen

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Not liking this move, I think I would have given Conway a week to try and find out if he could cut it!!

Morten is not going to be able to kick-off deep and Conway's 3 & 4 th kickoff's last week were around the 3 yard line.

He might have been able to kick over 40 yards cause I do not think Morten can anymore!
    The Vikes are saying that Andersen will handle the kickoff duties up until the bye week. During that time the ST coaches will work with Travis Dorsch and then bring him into the full roster.
    Given the probs we had with kickoffs last year, then having more of the same for another couple of weeks is bearable. The main question against Morten is distance but he's solid on the shorter FG's - which has been a problem in recent times
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

VIkes signed Andersen

"LoviesBears" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "LoviesBears" wrote:
    "vikings minnesoulija" wrote:
    you already said that one teddy bear.
    Made sure you heard it this time. The queens need the heimlick manuever. They must have some horns stuck in their throat Ha Ha!

Go away worm!!!!!

I would step on you, but you are to full of sh*t and I do not want to get my shoes full of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That horn blowing in their stadium represents how they blow each other! You know the *** viking fans blow each other ha ha ha!
    You know Lovie Bear your name doesn't do much to maintain your masculine gender. Unless you prefer the feminine side, if I were you, I'd be careful about accusing this entire site of being gay.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

VIkes signed Andersen

Why cut Conway? Keep two kickers, not hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VIkes signed Andersen

When Gary Anderson used to kick off short the offenses never started past their 30. He used to pick an exact spot to place the ball, and everyone knew where to run. He never overkicked his coverage. Granted there's not a lot of touchbacks, but we won't have any long runbacks either.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

VIkes signed Andersen

To have 2 kickers on the roster we have to cut somebody. If the game is on the line and we need a 47 yarder to win can Morten hit from that distance?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

VIkes signed Andersen

I just don't know. I think we will have the same problem we had last year only for a different reason. Last year we didn't attempt anything over 40 yards because Tice had no confidence in Elling this year it will be because Anderson can't kick it that far.

So when it is 4th and 8 and we are on the 25yd line what do we do.

1. Go for it and if we don't pick it up it gives the other team a big confidence boost. #-o

2. Punt the ball and maybe back them up 10 to 15yds. ukeright:

Because the Viks will have to be inside the red zone before we are in field goal range. That sucks.

this is the weakest part of the team, I just hope we score a ton of tds and that way we don't have to worry about it. :cheers:
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

VIkes signed Andersen

"LoviesBears" wrote:
    Is this what Viking fans do to their pets. Just quit blowing that horn we all know the vikings represent being *** ha ha ha!
    Hey dumbass the bears suck. I mean that team is absouletely horrible so come back when the bears finsish above .500 you idiot.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

Foreman44 is offline Starter

VIkes signed Andersen

This is a great move! Very reliable kicker. Hit 5 of 8 from 40-49 last year. Legend. As good as Gary Anderson was.

VIkes signed Andersen

Nice to see ya here Foreman44. I must admit that I also feel better about our kicking game.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

VIkes signed Andersen

Thanks SKOL. Been a Viking fan for 35 years. Not an easy ride!
    I have to say though that I feel good about this year, this team, and these coaches. Still miss CC and Smith though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast