Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

Vike's should consider resigning Tomlin now!

This could very well be another scenario where another young couch is given a shot at a HC very early. The way this Defense has been turn around is just amazing! I just read we are now ranked 5th in the league! What scares me is this...remember when Del-rio turned around the panthers D in just a year, then given the Jax HC spot? Or Mangini just getting the Jets job last season? I just hope our organization is smart enough to resign Tomlin NOW just like the Redskins were able to keep Greg Williams. We have a special young star here, let's not lose him!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vike's should consider resigning Tomlin now!

I agree.
    Give him the coin that makes it worth his while to stay.
    There are plenty of teams that will potentially be looking around for a new HC next year and he would be one of the top prospects, especially after a couple season in Minnesota.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

maybe if childress doesnt pan out he can be our new HC in the next few years.
    Its been a while since we had a defensive mind as our HC if ever.
    You republican whore!

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Lets hope that zygi will pony up when it comes to keeping tomlin.
    No reason to think he wont, he sure hasn't let us down in that department yet.
    Anyone know how long tomlin is under contract?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

And let's not forget Tony Dungy who was a defensive coach for the Vikings and got a head coaching job. I hope this guy is under contract for a few years. But even if he's under contract, it won't prevent him from leaving for a HC position.
    And let's not forget he has the "horses" to work with which helps him out a lot.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    And let's not forget Tony Dungy who was a defensive coach for the Vikings and got a head coaching job. I hope this guy is under contract for a few years. But even if he's under contract, it won't prevent him from leaving for a HC position.
    And let's not forget he has the "horses" to work with which helps him out a lot.
    True, most times a head coaching job is offered to another team's assistant they are able to take it.
    But this is at the team's discretion.
    I'm pretty sure they can make him stay but its a good faith gesture and ethical to allow the guy to get his dream job.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Correct me if I'm wrong but dont we have him for like 4 or more years?I wouldnt throw the house at him yet.Dont get me wrong I LOVE Tomlin, but he still has a long way to go.He'd even tell you that.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Next year or the year after sign him to an extension.. Kinda early imo.. But I wouldn't complain if he happened to get a 10 year extension

One Love

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

He is a heck of a coach.
    Remember how all the "guru's" said our LB's would fit his scheme.

Like the thought of him taking over if Brad doesn't pan out however I don't think that will happen.
    Remember, Brad was smart enough to give Tomlin a chance at being a coordinator.
    Bet someone else out there can coach the Minn-2 def.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

It would be nice to have Tomlin be our D-coordinator for a while, and he's definately been successful so far, but don't get too antsy in talking about him going to another team.

He's been a great d-coordinator for 5 games. Don't rush to judgement, and don't be so sure that there are a lot of teams that even think of him as head coach material. It took Romeo Crenell and Marvin Lewis 4 or 5 years of coaching good defenses to even be considered, so the odds of Tomlin skipping town in the next 2-3 years are low, IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast