Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Vikes sale rumour stirs again

"Erock" wrote:
    This would be the best thing to happen to our team since going 15-1 in '98.
    Please be true. I would sacrafice a third loss to Green Bay for a Glen Taylor Purchase!!! :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
    I was thinking the very same thing....

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    The Cavs in the NBA sold yesterday for $375 Million for what it is worth.

I don't know how you compare a football team to a basketball team but it seems like even $550 Million would be too much.

Maybe $500-525
    Snow, yes Red is asking too much. The Browns were bought for $550 million with a new stadium. As far a basketball, the arena was much cheaper to build, but the CAVS have a newer arena. I think there are most costs associated with football anyhow. Who cares? If I had $550 million I would buy it!
    I believe Dan Snyder, Redskins owner bought them for 700 million. With the stadium, they are valued over 1 billion.
    500 million is not a bad asking price.
    Hope Red sells the team in a hurry.....

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"briboy75" wrote:
    Desipte the loss to Washington, and the disappointing season, I can not imagine the dome not selling out for years to come. There is so much demand to see the game. I've often paid well over the ticket price to see them.

Of course, this doesn't mean I don't want Red to sell.
    There are a lot of Viking fans in Minnesota, but losing is losing, hunting is hunting and fishing is fishing and snowmobiling is snowmobiling. Which one of these would you like to do????

Point is that when a team is losing, the fans disappear like mad. Even the season ticket holders. It is not a lot of fun getting let down so people would rather do other stuff on the weekend like hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities.

I personally am not like that, but I know quite a few fans like that.

vikefan4ever is offline Training Camp

Well if what he has done with the timberwolves is what he would do with the vikings, this guy is our prayer. I mean how they acquired sprewell, cassell, griffin, hassell. That would be great if he bought the vikes

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

This news just made my day!

cheesefree is offline Starter

"Caine" wrote:
    I agree with everyone here who wants McCombs *Asslicker* to sell.

McCombs *Asslicker* has single-handedly ruined the past 5 years of Viking football by underspending and refusing to ante up for a stadium.

McCombs *Asslicker* has expressed repeated interest in moving the Vikes to LA, where I presume that the city would by McCombs *Asslicker* the stadium he wants.

I sincerely hope they get the deal sone ASAP. No one would be happier than me to see McCombs *Asslicker* leave town.

Caine
    Pepp, Moss and Burleson and Campbells prime years are here. Jimmy K will be back full speed next year and we got Wiggins too. Got Bennett, SOD, Mewelde, Moe and Ned.
    This team would be lethal with any D at all, doesn't have to be a number one D, just a top 10 or even top 15...one that can create three and outs occasionally and stop opponents drives. I think they have the foundation for a good defense, they just need a few key players and veteran leadership. McCombs sure won't pay for the talent needed to build the D for a Super Bowl caliber team, but Taylor will.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

vking is offline Training Camp

This all sounds fantastic but remeber this is a business and you don't plop down that money for shits and giggles.

And what if taylor likes Tice? hey just joking.

What I'm getting at is you can't buy a championship all to often. Take Danial Snyder and the skins. You can spend the money but you have to spend it right. Look at what the T-Wolves have spent and it hasn't worked out to well just yet.

But all in all I'm in favor of this possible change. Anything would be better than this fiasco we've watched for the last 2 years. At least the guy seems like he wants to win.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Tice, given the freedom to acquire the players he needs, could probably be a damn good head coach.

Look what he's done being 30 million under the cap.

Add a new owner into the mix - one who is willing to acquire talent - and suddenly we're a contender.

After all, 30 million dollars buys a HELL of a lot of Defense.

Caine

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    Tice, given the freedom to acquire the players he needs, could probably be a damn good head coach.

Look what he's done being 30 million under the cap.

Add a new owner into the mix - one who is willing to acquire talent - and suddenly we're a contender.

After all, 30 million dollars buys a HELL of a lot of Defense.

Caine
    I'm not so sure....our defense and offense still have major issues and the play-calling has been bad all year....

and Cotrell made a bad defense worse...

not to mention our red zone woes....

trivia Question

hey when's the last time we had a long touchdown scoring drive in the second half?......

I can't remember.....

You can't count those quick strikes we've had...(i.e. 30+ yard scores)

answer: ????

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"vking" wrote:
    This all sounds fantastic but remeber this is a business and you don't plop down that money for shits and giggles.

And what if taylor likes Tice? hey just joking.

What I'm getting at is you can't buy a championship all to often. Take Danial Snyder and the skins. You can spend the money but you have to spend it right. Look at what the T-Wolves have spent and it hasn't worked out to well just yet.

But all in all I'm in favor of this possible change. Anything would be better than this fiasco we've watched for the last 2 years. At least the guy seems like he wants to win.
    Dan Snider is the f'n MAN. If he could be our owner i would welcome him with open arms. They got gibs now. The other day Gibbs said he was so happy to have snider as the owner. As soon as the season was over for them he called gibs and said whatever you need dude, whatever you need. Gibb's knows how to build a team, that college coach did not. Theres nothing wrong with a owner who likes to get plays. Look what shawn springs and that DT did for team this year, wonders.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast