Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikes sale rumour stirs again

PA and Dubay (KFAN Radio) said this morning that the owners are starting to get wind of the big money involved in the new television contract. That may have spurned Taylor to Pony up (a little closer) to Red's asking price.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    The Cavs in the NBA sold yesterday for $375 Million for what it is worth.

I don't know how you compare a football team to a basketball team but it seems like even $550 Million would be too much.

Maybe $500-525
    Well Red has been posturing for $550 - $600 million since he put it up for sale, last year Forbes started to get the valuation in the $500m plus. Its always been said that he overpriced the team but eventually the price has caught up.
    Course given that the team is not highly regarded on a playing side may force his hand and make him sell quick - before he loses the ' games sold-out ' streak
    Anglo,
    How much would a top notch English (Football) Soccer Team go for in the premier league? Man U for instance?
    Well when Man Utd was under a possible takeover then the team was valued at around £600 million - approx $1130 million at the current £/$ exchange rate.
    The only difference is generally clubs - epecially at the higher levels - have multiple directors on the board. So one individual only needs to have a controlling interest of at least 51% to effectively 'own' the club.
    With most clubs it would be very rare for one person to own them outright, mainly because the majority do not make very much money, unless they win all competions both domestic and european. Soccer is not such a profitable business as NFL football
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Desipte the loss to Washington, and the disappointing season, I can not imagine the dome not selling out for years to come. There is so much demand to see the game. I've often paid well over the ticket price to see them.

Of course, this doesn't mean I don't want Red to sell.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

I want Red to go away to a far far place and never hear from him ever again....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Please sell Red, please sell! Glen Taylor would do such great things with our Vikings. If he can turn around the Timberwolves, just think of what he can do for us.

I really do believe that Red's time here is over, he does not want to spend money on this team anymore. Glen Taylor will have no problem shelling out some money to get our Vikings at championship caliber once again.

Don't let the door hit your :bootyshake: on the way out Red!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Please let it be! It would make my year

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Erock is offline Waterboy

This would be the best thing to happen to our team since going 15-1 in '98.
    Please be true. I would sacrafice a third loss to Green Bay for a Glen Taylor Purchase!!! :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    The Cavs in the NBA sold yesterday for $375 Million for what it is worth.

I don't know how you compare a football team to a basketball team but it seems like even $550 Million would be too much.

Maybe $500-525
    Snow, yes Red is asking too much. The Browns were bought for $550 million with a new stadium. As far a basketball, the arena was much cheaper to build, but the CAVS have a newer arena. I think there are most costs associated with football anyhow. Who cares? If I had $550 million I would buy it!
    Additionally, basketball teams are not as lucrative as football teams...plus they don't have the TV contracts or the marketability the NFL has...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with everyone here who wants McCombs *Asslicker* to sell.

McCombs *Asslicker* has single-handedly ruined the past 5 years of Viking football by underspending and refusing to ante up for a stadium.

McCombs *Asslicker* has expressed repeated interest in moving the Vikes to LA, where I presume that the city would by McCombs *Asslicker* the stadium he wants.

I sincerely hope they get the deal sone ASAP. No one would be happier than me to see McCombs *Asslicker* leave town.

Caine

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Oh this would be great, Mcombs is a wierd f*&@. I dont know much about this glen guy but i know he goes afte players and such.

Do you guys believe this is the closest the team has come to selling thus far?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast