Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: The Vikes regular season record.Throw your 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1103861
    Singer,

You really believe our receiving core is worse this year? Rice gave us nothing for most of the year. We had Hank Baskett starting games.

Ryan Cook has also said the o-line scheme's are actually easier and more direct than last years.
    Rice gave us "nothing" as you call it, last year because he was out for 10 games due to surgery. He would have been much better this year had we kept him.

With that said, he still out produced Berrian who played in 10 games last year, in receiving yards, YPC & TD's.

Rice (Berrian)

GAMES: 6 (10)
    YDS: 280 (252)
    AVG YPC: 16.5 (9.0)
    TDS: 2 (0)
    FUMBLES: 0 (2)

He also out produced in 6 games what Camarillo produced in the 12 games he saw time in.

2009 would be a better reference.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I see a 9-7 coming..

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1103862
    Singer,

You really believe our receiving core is worse this year? Rice gave us nothing for most of the year. We had Hank Baskett starting games.

Ryan Cook has also said the o-line scheme's are actually easier and more direct than last years.
    I agree with this. Our receivers are not worse than last year in my opinion. I think we are definitely better with a healthy Berrian and Jaymar and the additions of Aromashodu and Jenkins. Now, the Rice from two years ago is a different story, but we are better than LAST season's WRs.

I also think we will be better on the O-Line. Hutch is healthy. Loadholt is in better shape and Johnson is a solid addition and will work. I don't think it will be a superstar line, but should be solid enough to hold up.
    I believe this season will be the opposite of last year concerning our offensive line. Last year Loadholt regressed compared to his rookie season and they often had to give him help. All reports are about how great he has been so far in training camp. If he can man his side without the need for help then giving Johnson help will not be as big of a deal.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103865
    Singer,

Rice gave us "nothing" as you call it, last year because he was out for 10 games due to surgery. He would have been much better this year had we kept him.

With that said, he still out produced Berrian who played in 10 games last year, in receiving yards, YPC & TD's.

Rice (Berrian)

GAMES: 6 (10)
    YDS: 280 (252)
    AVG YPC: 16.5 (9.0)
    TDS: 2 (0)
    FUMBLES: 0 (2)

He also out produced in 6 games what Camarillo produced in the 12 games he saw time in.

2009 would be a better reference.
    2009 would be better but you compared 2010 to 2011.

No matter the reason we got very little production in 2010.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

The statement that AD cannot pass block well enough baffles me. Why would we want him pass blocking. I would always have him as a dump off and bring a FB in to help if needed. He can out run almost any LB in the league and leaving him in to block is like benching one of your best weapons.

With that said. I believe that McNabb can be better than Farve was in 2009 because he is more mobile and makes better decisions. I believe that BB can find his stride again and that his disappearance was an issue with Farve and him. You don't get almost 1000 yards and then turn into a bum.

I believe that AD will rush fro 1400 yards this season and that our OL can protect our QB.

On defense. I believe that our Depth as good as it's ever been. We have two talented NTs and a backup 3 tech that can start on a lot of teams. I believe Guion is going to make a name for himself. I'm not confident in the runstopping ability of Robison and that he will become a pass rusher around mid season. Someone will take his job.

I believe our 3 lbs are going to be damn good. I think Erin might not be as dependable as Leber but his big play ability is better. I think Brinkly might even get the outside job.

At corner... we are vastly improved over 2010 and dear I say could be as good as 2009. Griffen needs to be healthy, and winfield wasn't healthy in 2009.

This team screams 11-5. Did I mention if we split with the pack and the bears...we can easily reach 11-5

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103858
    We lose M-Will & K-Will for the first 4 games.
    Uhm you might want to check the roster ther is no M-Will he signed with the 49ers and the Vikings haven't sign P-Will they signed Remi Ayodele instead so the team is down to one-will....but for four games there will be no-will

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1103874
    Uhm you might want to check the roster ther is no M-Will he signed with the 49ers and the Vikings haven't sign P-Will they signed Remi Ayodele instead so the team is down to one-will....but for four games there will be no-will
    The NFL hasn't said that he is suspended. It's still open based onf Fraisers comments of "We may lose Kevin"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1103884
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1103874
    The NFL hasn't said that he is suspended. It's still open based onf Fraisers comments of "We may lose Kevin"
    League not talking about StarCaps suspensions, yet

NFL spokesman Michael Signora told PFT via e-mail on Tuesday that the league has “nothing to report” on the situation, and Spielman hinted that perhaps the suspensions aren’t as much of a certainty as they would seem to be.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

1 Sun, Sep 11 @San Diego - Team starts slow. I'm hoping our team doesn't this year. Win

2 Sun, Sep 18 vs Tampa Bay - Tough one. Will they continue to get better? My guess is yes, but they really didn't do a lot to improve the team except stay with what they had. Gonna go Loss.

3 Sun, Sep 25 vs Detroit - Win. QB will probably be down by then. The loss of the RB in camp will slow their running game which will allow teams to continually tea off on a shacky QB. Win

4 Sun, Oct 2 @ Kansas City - Tough one. Mostly cause I haven't looked at what KC has done in the offseason. I'm gonna say Win.

5 Sun, Oct 9 vs Arizona - Another one that could go either way. Gonna go Win.

6 Sun, Oct 16 @ Chicago - I'm not sure I like what they did by bringing in a big WR. That cat did great the last time he and Martz were together. I'm still not sure they've done enough to fix that OL though. Win

7 Sun, Oct 23 vs Green Bay - Loss

8 Sun, Oct 30 @ Carolina - Winn

9 BYE WEEK
    10 Mon, Nov 14 @ Green Bay - We won't lose both games to the PUKERS. I'm just not gonna let it happen. Win

11 Sun, Nov 20 vs Oakland - This team improved last year even though most didn't see it. Not sure if it will be enough though. Win

12 Sun, Nov 27 @ Atlanta - To many weapons even for a much improved defense under coach Pagac. Loss

13 Sun, Dec 4 vs Denver - Win

14 Sun, Dec 11 @ Detroit - Win

15 Sun, Dec 18 vs New Orleans - Loved what they did improving their Defense especially in the middle of the line. Loss

16 Sat, Dec 24 @ Washington - What a mess. I just sit back and giggle at all the Deadskin fans down here. Win

17 Sun, Jan 1 vs Chicago - We need a win. We get it. Win

What is that 12 and 4? Gonna go with 2 upsets in here and say 10 and 6 or possibly 11 and 5.

Rationale.

a. Defense. I think that coach Pagac will be the difference. Under his leadership the defense will keep us in games.

At somepoint, probably about week 2 or 3, Everson (who has been looking great in camp) will step in as the LDE in our base which will allow Rob to go back to situational snaps.

Griff at the RCB spot will give us that guy who can take away the teams best reciever like we saw him doing before he got hurt.

Husain and Tyrell will have good years because our DL will have a decent rotation finally.

b. Offense. This is a bit of a worry. Starts with the O-coord.

1. He isn't sure what scheme he wants to run and is now asking the players for advice (article out there saying he is going to get their input).

2. OL. Herrera being out and the lack of a solid LT will cause inconsistency on the OL. Good thing is Dnabb can move a bit and will help that unit out for the first 3 or 4 weeks until they get their act together. Don't get me wrong, it won't be a great act, but it will be about the same as last year. Middle of the league.

3. What I will give credit for is the scheme. I think Musgrove eventually pops his head out of his ass and he goes with what will win. Multiple TE sets and Dnabb doing what he does best. Dump it off to RB's.

Mix AD in on passes and runs, sprinkling in a bit of Toby to keep AD from working to death early, and I think this team will do better than most of you think even with Musgrove running the show. :lol:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

Love the Kool-Aid, I really do. But I ain't sippin' it. We will struggle on the road, especially outside on grass. For whatever reason, inferior teams beat us in that situation many times. Green Bay is very good and Detroit no longer a doormat. We'll go 2-4 in the division. Losses at SD, TB, at KS, at CHI, GB, at GB, at Atl, at DET, NO, and at WA. That's 6-10.

To a large extent the line play on both sides is going to be a problem and our secondary is very vulnerable (again!). I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look promising this year.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast