im saying 8-8

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Vikes regular season record.Throw your 2 cents

El underdog.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1103774
    8-8 seems about right to me. 9-7 with a good run but could see 6-10 again too.
    This. I'm getting less optimistic because of our offensive line.

9-7

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

8-8.

I actually expect our defense to be pretty damn good this year. Having Griffen back healthy, Cook with a year under his belt, dumping Madeau are all positives. The questions will be losing Phat Pat and Ray. I personally do not believe we we lose much with both gone. What we lose in certain areas we gain in others.

However, I expect our offense to struggle. Even if McNabb gets back to playing like he did his last year in Philly we will struggle due to our offensive line. McKinnie really screwed us in the butt this season. I just hope coach Davidson is true to his word. If one of these young guys like DeMarcus Love shows improvement and may potentially out play Chris Johnson then you start his ass. None of this favorites bs.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1103783
    11-5. The team rallies around Frazier in a way they couldn't get behind Childress. Donovan continues his dominance of the NFC north(17-4 lifetime), and has a solid 25td 10int 4,000yd season. Peterson wins his first league mvp with 2400rush/recieving yards and 15TDs. The defense does just enough to give our high powered offense a chance.
    You had me until the last line. Does this high powered offense have a line to play behind? They weren't very good last year, at times even flat out bad. have we done enough to improve the line? Was McKinnie addition by subtraction? Hmmmmmmm. I'm not sold. Hate to toss out an overused cliche, but it all starts up front.

If the offensive line is like a car's front bumper, ours is rusting through and held on with bailing twine, duct tape, and a couple faded AAA stickers.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1103814
    11-5. The team rallies around Frazier in a way they couldn't get behind Childress. Donovan continues his dominance of the NFC north(17-4 lifetime), and has a solid 25td 10int 4,000yd season. Peterson wins his first league mvp with 2400rush/recieving yards and 15TDs. The defense does just enough to give our high powered offense a chance.
    You had me until the last line. Does this high powered offense have a line to play behind? They weren't very good last year, at times even flat out bad. have we done enough to improve the line? Was McKinnie addition by subtraction? Hmmmmmmm. I'm not sold. Hate to toss out an overused cliche, but it all starts up front.

If the offensive line is like a car's front bumper, ours is rusting through and held on with bailing twine, duct tape, and a couple faded AAA stickers.
    High-powered would not be the first adjective I would use to describe this offense.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Admittedly a little over optimistic.
    I think the O-line is all about chemistry and communication. I don't have all the stats, but I know there were a lot of starters missing time last year. When you are constantly switching those guys around it can get ugly. I think loadhoalt suffered a softmore slump and will be better this year(wishful thinking maybe). I think McKinnie's replacement will be an improvement.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1103815

High-powered would not be the first adjective I would use to describe this offense.

=Z=
    Your very negative lately. I always thought of you as one that believed the offseason was the time to be optimistic.
    You really don't know how any team will do until they do it. A year ago the bears had a horrible O-line, no recievers worth a damn, mediocre backs and an aging defense. Yet they won the NFC north. The Vikings had talent at every position and were favorites to go the superbowl, yet finished last.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1103816
    Admittedly a little over optimistic.
    I think the O-line is all about chemistry and communication. I don't have all the stats, but I know there were a lot of starters missing time last year. When you are constantly switching those guys around it can get ugly. I think loadhoalt suffered a softmore slump and will be better this year(wishful thinking maybe). I think McKinnie's replacement will be an improvement.
    Well now's the time to be optimistic right? I also think Loadholt will see improvement this year. I'm not sure Johnson will be a step up over McKinnie but I can't imagine him doing any worse. Herrera might be out for awhile so that could hurt things but it's not crazy to think our line will be improved over last year, but that's not saying a whole lot either.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1103817
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1103815

Your very negative lately. I always thought of you as one that believed the offseason was the time to be optimistic.
    You really don't know how any team will do until they do it. A year ago the bears had a horrible O-line, no recievers worth a damn, mediocre backs and an aging defense. Yet they won the NFC north. The Vikings had talent at every position and were favorites to go the superbowl, yet finished last.
    You got me there, Jake. Yes, I'm usually optimistic. This season, however, for some reason, I'm preferring to be realistic.

And 10-6 ain't realistic.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast