Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikes RB Situation

"vikingdude82" wrote:
    dude Bennett has a lot of burst, and I don't think the vikings would have took him in the first round if he couldn't hit the holes, him being injured the past 2 years may be a factor why he hasn't been doing so great at that.
    He couldn't hit holes when he was healthy, either.

He succeeded in -one season- because everyone was playing us with like 6 men in the box to stop Randy Moss.

And MeMo is our RB of the future, he can catch bombs, he has a great burst, never goes down on the first hit and has great feet.

This isn't even a competition.

And the above breakdown of MeMo's numbers isn't adequate enough - note his passing yardage too, and the fact that having to honor him as a receiver took the WLB out of the play on every possession.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Bennett is the same type of runner as Robert Smith (he was drafted to take over Smith's role in Denny's offense at the time). And, many of the things now being said about Bennett (regarding being injury prone) were also said about Robert Smith back in the day. Bennett has had some legitimate injuries and a string of bad luck (as I feel Smith did early in his career). With Onterrio's fateful exit we will see Michael's big come-back.

My prediction...Michael Bennett will not only start for the Minnesota Vikings this season, he will also gonna run for over 1000 yards.
    Even babies know the difference.

skogs02 is offline Starter

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Bennett is the same type of runner as Robert Smith (he was drafted to take over Smith's role in Denny's offense at the time). And, many of the things now being said about Bennett (regarding being injury prone) were also said about Robert Smith back in the day. Bennett has had some legitimate injuries and a string of bad luck (as I feel Smith did early in his career). With Onterrio's fateful exit we will see Michael's big come-back.

My prediction...Michael Bennett will not only start for the Minnesota Vikings this season, he will also gonna run for over 1000 yards.
    heres a better prediction....Bennett will start but by week 4 he will be hurt of MeMo will come in and rip it up!

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

He had two 1000+ yard seasons didn't he, and it's not my call but I think Bennett is starting.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "vikingdude82" wrote:
    dude Bennett has a lot of burst, and I don't think the vikings would have took him in the first round if he couldn't hit the holes, him being injured the past 2 years may be a factor why he hasn't been doing so great at that.
    He couldn't hit holes when he was healthy, either.

He succeeded in -one season- because everyone was playing us with like 6 men in the box to stop Randy Moss.

And MeMo is our RB of the future, he can catch bombs, he has a great burst, never goes down on the first hit and has great feet.

This isn't even a competition.

And the above breakdown of MeMo's numbers isn't adequate enough - note his passing yardage too, and the fact that having to honor him as a receiver took the WLB out of the play on every possession.
    lol, you're right about 1 thing. This isn't a competition, or an arguement Bennett is starting and should start hands down.

Bennett averaged 5.1 yards per carry in '03. Thats pretty good and getting us .1 yards more than that 3-5 per carry you want. Sure there are some times when he gets stopped for a yard or a foot, but that happens to the majority of backs in the NFL, including MM.

I don't know how you gain 1300 yards without knowing how to hit holes, personally. Also your crap about how opposing teams have to respect his catching ability... Bennett is a much better receiver out of the backfield. He has home-run ability that MM doesn't have that teams HAVE to respect.

Yes Bennett has had one good season, but he has shown a ton of promise in pre-season and off-season work-outs. Also, that one really good season is SO much more than MM has had. Moore has had 3 good games against crappy defenses and you want him to start? Based on what? those 3 games? get real. Not to mention it appears MM's injury problems are as bad as Bennett. MM hasn't gone thru a full season without getting hurt, Bennett has.

There is no question, Bennett can break tackles, hit holes, be patient and read the defense. Not to mention Bennett can also catch the ball out of the backfield better and is a home run threat which MM isn't. Plus Bennett has the experience and one hell of a work ethic.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I think we should use both Kleinsasser and Bennett, Sorta like the steelers last year with Staley and Bettis.
    are you saying bennett will get hurt (again) and fliensausser will have to carry the load?

Alright alright, i meant to say we should use both like set up an I formation and hand off to either Bennett or 'fliensausser' as you like to call him :lol:

"skogs02" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

heres a better prediction....Bennett will start but by week 4 he will be hurt of MeMo will come in and rip it up!
    In reality, your prediction is very plausible. But, you forgot to add the part where MeMo comes in for four games and then gets injured himself and doesn't come back the rest of the year.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I think we should use both Kleinsasser and Bennett, Sorta like the steelers last year with Staley and Bettis.
    are you saying bennett will get hurt (again) and fliensausser will have to carry the load?

Alright alright, i meant to say we should use both like set up an I formation and hand off to either Bennett or 'fliensausser' as you like to call him :lol:
    Seriously though, Kleinsasser isn't much of a runner. He's definately more of a blocker and tight end. I'd be very surprised to see him get any carries this year. Over the past 6 years he's had 43 carries for 147 yards. I don't see him getting the ball out of the backfield.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "skogs02" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

In reality, your prediction is very plausible. But, you forgot to add the part where MeMo comes in for four games and then gets injured himself and doesn't come back the rest of the year.
    Such negativitiy! Let's hope there are NO injuries this year!

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "skogs02" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Such negativitiy! Let's hope there are NO injuries this year!
    Hey now, I started my post out in a very positive manner. But, if some of us are gonna be living in the past, MeMo didn't fair too well himself on the health meter last season. Just ask Tice... Seriously though, I hope the whole team stays healthy, but we all know that is an impossibility.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast