vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikes RB Situation

Whats the best choice?

skogs02 is offline Starter

Re: Vikes RB Situation

Start MM.If someone breathes on bennett he falls down

Skyliner is offline Rookie

Well lets me see here....... Alexander would be nice to have but i dont really think the seattle will let a back with 20 TD last season go too cheaply. Plus Shaun is going to want a new contract for big $$$. So unless Alexander runs some somebody over with his car or develops a drug problem i dont see the viks getting him.

Stephen Davis.... Can he even walk yet? By be the sounds of it, hes going to be lucky to recover from that leg injury much less play football. Exactly what the viks need another gimpy back.

So it comes down to Bennett and MeMo. Bennett about had his chances and Moore was impressive for his short fill-in. i think we should start Bennett cause if Bennett as fragile as everybody thinks then MM wont have to wait along. Either back could be pretty good this year. Our line looks strong and the schedule ain’t that hard against the run.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

MeMo
    MeMo
    MEMMOEMOEMOEMEMOEMEOMEOMEOMEOMOEMEOMEOMEOMEOEMOEMO ME

Aka MeMo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think bennett should start.He is supposedlt lookin really good this offseason

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I really worry about our running back situation. I don't think Bennett will be able to start for a full season due to injury, plus I can't stand how if a defensive player looks at him he falls to the ground.

Moore is very overrated IMO. He is a good back, don't get me wrong, but he's not near as good as some people think. When he did start, he didn't play against very good defenses, at all. When he went down with the ankle injury, I developed a big disliking for him because it was a minor injury and yet he held out. Tice also got upset by him doing this.

I really like big Moe. The guy can run the ball like a beast and he is a really cool guy. Too bad he's too old to take the majority of carries.

Now to Fason, whom I think will become our feature back within the next two years. This kid shows a lot of promise for our future. That is one reason why trading for a running back like Edge or Alexander seems pointless to me.

All in all, I really don't know what should happen. Michael is a wuss and injury prone, Moore is overrated(hope I'm wrong), Moe is getting too old, and Fason probably lacks the experience and maturity to carry the load.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Bennett is not a wuss, hes good enough to be a starter in the Nfl so i dont consider that a wuss and that injury he got last season could have happened to anybody, dont go bashing him

"magicci" wrote:
    Bennett is not a wuss, hes good enough to be a starter in the Nfl so i dont consider that a wuss and that injury he got last season could have happened to anybody, dont go bashing him
    Well I guess you could say the injury last year could've happened to anyone. But what's the excuse for the one before that, or wait, what about the injury before that one?

And yes, judging by the standard of how strong NFL running backs are and the atleast decent ability to break a tackle, Bennett is weak. He couldn't run through a sheet of paper.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

but what he lacks in power he makes up for in his jukes he could make some pretty good moves

Yes, he does have some quick moves but he still can't consistently get us strong yardage. He does have the ability to break a few runs free which is exciting to watch but I'd rather have a power back. The kind of runner that can get you 3-5 yards a carry almost everytime he touches the ball, a power back. But I don't hate on speed backs for no reason. That's evident because my favorite running back ever was a small quick back named Barry Sanders.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast