Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: vikes ranks in 06

My Prediction: 10-6, division champions.

Offensive Rank: 9

Lossing Moss hurts, but we still have alot of talent.

Defensive Rank: 13.

Losts of upgrades. Every year everyone says this is the year we turn the defense around. We'll see. Lots of new people. Need to see how the chemistry works out.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I see more of them.

Guruzen is offline Starter

"briboy75" wrote:
    My Prediction: 10-6, division champions.

Offensive Rank: 9

Lossing Moss hurts, but we still have alot of talent.

Defensive Rank: 13.

Losts of upgrades. Every year everyone says this is the year we turn the defense around. We'll see. Lots of new people. Need to see how the chemistry works out.
    I agree with briboy75. Every offseason we have this conversation and every year we think we've reached that next step. Last season it was Wiggins, Winfield and Robinson as the "final piece of the puzzle" and we end up doing worse than the year before.

Reality check:
    - Our offense will be more conservative this year so unlikely to be in the top 5, maybe not even top 10.
    - Our offense has always been overrated and can't play catch up.
    - Our special teams sucked and was not addressed this offseason.
    - Our punter sucks.
    - Our kicker misses PAT's!!!
    - Our defense absolutely STANK last year and adding a few free agents will NOT take it into the top 10. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong on this but all you guys hoping for a top 10 defense, forget it!

Yes, we're much more improved this year so 10-6 would be more likely. 12-4? 13-3? That's a little far fetched. Remember, we are the Minnesota Vikings... if anybody can find a way to lose it's us! :cry:

I hope I am wrong and we go 13-3 and top 5 off and def, but let's be realistic guys.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

We will run the ball with Kleinsasser and Rosenthal back and we will play a more defensive minded AFC type games this season and we will end up in quite a few close games which may end up going either way but I see us going 10-6 or 11-5 this year.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

freaky is offline Starter

Guruzen's hit the nail on the head!

Losing Moss destroys our proven deep threat, reduces our opponents likelihood of double coverage. Burleson assumes number one mantle, with which comes no.1 opponent! Battle for no.2 receiver is wide open w/ Williamson, Robinson, Campbell & Taylor. Our offense will be very refined from last year! It will be a better spread, but less explosive.

Our defense could be anything...in time! Couldn't be as leaky as last year but will more than likely be inconsistent. If the defensive team bonds well, we could certainly have enough on offense to travel far this year, but so many things must fall into place. Realistically next year is the time for Minnesota...

sureban is offline Rookie

"thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    I also say vikes are 14-2 if not 13-3
    I do not care if the Vikings go 8-8 (like last year; in the playoffs), as long as they win the SuperBowl!

Serious,
    Mark.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

10-6, give or take a game. But, like sureban says, "I do not care if the Vikings go 8-8 (like last year; in the playoffs), as long as they win the SuperBowl" - I agree with that.

However, if we acumulate that many loses, I'm not predicting a Super Bowl. A team that has 6 or 7 loses has shown too many weaknesses to compete in the playoffs AND make it to the SB.

I'm not even sure that we will win the division. All the focus has been on Green Bay going down hill, that not much has been said about Detroit. The Lions COULD very easily win the division. Once everyone gets on the same page and stays healthy they WILL be good. All that I can say as a Viking fan is that I hope that Joey dosn't learn how to play quarterback! They have three very talented wide outs, a 1000 yard back, Great TE, solid O-line, and a very good Defense.

As much as I love the Vikings, I am a realist...the Vikes are the Vikes. We all know the heartache they can dish out (I swear I'm not a closet Packer fan). My preference is to not to get my hopes up too high. I also do not have the greatest faith in Tice...he just doesn't seem to be the sharpest crayon in the box. That being said, my guess is 10th offense and 20th defense...I still believe we'll be a play-off team, but we may need a year to let the defense gel before the S-word (can't even say it, I'm a firm believer in jinxes).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12