Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Vikes Promote Economic and Stadium Development Plan

It appears to me that if the NFL ever chooses to go intergalactic the Vikings will be ready.

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

"audioghost" wrote:
    We should get the new Twins and Vikings stadiums, then worry about the stupid Gophers....heck, the Gophers can have the dome all to themselves, what do they have to worry about...they're a university, not a business like the Vikes or Twins that relies on revenues from these games....in fact, most colleges lose money on sports from year to year....so WTF???

I hate the Gophers and I hate college sports in general, there is no way that a school facility (unless used for EDUCATION) should get in the way of a business making its bread....colleges shaft everyone so bad on tuition & fees, room & board, its unbelievable! Let the stupid college buy its own stadium, cuz the Vikes and Twins bring in TONS of South Dakotans, Iowans, Nebraskans, North Dakotans, and Wisconsin ppl to YOUR pathetic, get nothing done state to spend tons of our money there and if your stupid arse state gov't doesn't see that than they should tuck their dongs between their legs and walk backwards through a cornfield, cuz that would make about as much sense as blackballing the Vikings stadium push!

RANT OVER!
    Agree 100%, how in the feck do the Gophers get ahead of the Vikings in Stadium isues. Am i missing something here? Please enlighten me. When was the last time that POS team has seen the light of a decent bowl to be even considered for a new stadium? I can see the Twins getting 1st dibs, they play there game hard and can compete with the big boys with the pennies them boys are being payed comparted to other top Pro Baseball teams. And they have brought home the big daddy a few times in the last 20 years, WTF have the gophers ever done for this state?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Man I can't wait for the new stadium. I hope and pray that the Minnesota goventment doesn't screw this up...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm all for the New Stadium. but also a little confused... Minnesotans already pays .07 sales tax to the state. The stadium will raise our taxes another .07 ?

This figure doesnt make since to me. How do they come up with that? So we'll be paying 14 cent on the dollar? and if so... for how long?

I Want a New Stadium!! but doubling our taxes doesnt seem right. I'm not saying that I'm not willing to pay. I just dont understand that it cost the same to fill our Minnesota politicians pockets,fund our schools,fix our roads...etc. Costs the same as funding 1/3 of the Stadium.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question I'm just Dazed and Con
    fused.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No, the sales tax is 70 cents on $100, which works out to less than a penny a dollar. It is only a .007% increase, and it would only be applicable on purchases in Anoka County. Basically it means that a $0.99 bottle of pop would cost $1.07 instead of $1.06 after taxes...

And it isn't a stupid question. I wish more people who did not know would ask instead of just assume. The biggest opposition to the stadium deal is misinformation. There are people out there saying that a new stadium deal would keep grandma from being able to buy her medication and Junior out of clothes... but it just isn't the case.

Hopefully the PR firm that Wilf hired will be able to shed some light on the subject.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    No, the sales tax is 70 cents on $100, which works out to less than a penny a dollar. It is only a .007% increase, and it would only be applicable on purchases in Anoka County. Basically it means that a $0.99 bottle of pop would cost $1.07 instead of $1.06 after taxes...

And it isn't a stupid question. I wish more people who did not know would ask instead of just assume. The biggest opposition to the stadium deal is misinformation. There are people out there saying that a new stadium deal would keep grandma from being able to buy her medication and Junior out of clothes... but it just isn't the case.

Hopefully the PR firm that Wilf hired will be able to shed some light on the subject.
    Thanks for the info... I knew I was misunderstanding something.
    That dont seem that much at all. I say we pay $1.08 for that bottle of pop and get the Twins their Stadium too.

Come on Governor Tim Pawlenty its time to step up to the plate and Git-R-Done!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Does anyone have an idea what the new stadium if built will be called?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Does anyone have an idea what the new stadium if built will be called?
    More than likely, they will sell the right to someone to put their name on it.ike every other new stadium.

Atleast keeping the options open.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Oh yeah, I thought I heard someone say, "Jesse the Bod Nordic Stadium." That is if they don't get any bidders on the naming rights.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Oh yeah, I thought I heard someone say, "Jesse the Bod Nordic Stadium." That is if they don't get any bidders on the naming rights.

LOL. Have you heard if anyone is interested so far?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast