Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikes problems are my fault...............

"carolinafan" wrote:
    Couldn't tell ya the play ... I turned the game off mid 3rd quarter. I would have LOVED to see a rugby match instead of this mess today ... what position does your son play ... I played hooker and 8, then coached a college club for awhile.
    I believe it's called a "lock" position. I'm not totally familiar with all the terms rules, but I'm starting to learn. It's like HS and college wrestling, once your kid gets into it, you're hooked. What a great / tough sport. He plays for the University of TN. They beat UVA and NC State today for a tourney championship. I wish I could take the aggression and toughness off their rugby team and give it to South Carolina or the Vikes. It just seems certain teams these days are playing without any heart.

I just don't understand it? Pro players are playing for millions, and college football players are playing for full rides in most cases. I watched my son's rugby team play two games in the heat and dirt today with the passion you dream about any team playing with...................the kicker is, for winning the two day tournament, they got a "gold toilet seat" for the trophy :smile: Now that's called playing for the love of the game and it's so fun to watch competition that pure these days.

Where did you play?[/quote]

It is a great sport. I played DII at NDSU (north dakota state) but coached the UofM team for 2 seasons when living in the twin cities before moving to florida. Miss it alot, don't see much rugby live here in FL, but I got the Sentana channel on the dish and see all the international matches .... the 6 nations tourney and the Tri Nations with New Zealand, Aust., and South Africa .... love it and always will.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Lock is one of two prop's (the other being the "loosehead" prop) in the front row of the scrum .... the hooker position (where i played a lot of the time) is the middle guy in the first row of the scrum. He is in a good spot to take out aggression and must be good sized to be able to play there. Scrummies do all the work, the backs get all the glory.

carolinafan is offline Rookie

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Lock is one of two prop's (the other being the "loosehead" prop) in the front row of the scrum .... the hooker position (where i played a lot of the time) is the middle guy in the first row of the scrum. He is in a good spot to take out aggression and must be good sized to be able to play there. Scrummies do all the work, the backs get all the glory.
    He's actually on the second row of the scrum. I believe there's 2 or 3 guys in that row? He's 6'3" and around 240 lbs. If a Lock is on the first row, what would he be as a second row guy? (he doesn't run the ball hardly at all, but is always in the middle of the piles offensively and defensively). I'm a novice at this...................I thought a Touchdown was called just that ............a guy politely told me it's call a "try." Thanks for any insight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12