Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    carolinafan is offline Rookie

Vikes problems are my fault...............

I started as a Viking fan when Troy was drafted. I finally got to see the second half of a game today. Not good. Looks like I brought South Carolina's luck to the Vikings. I'm a jinx to a football team.

One question, as my true jinx luck would have it, I taped the first half of the game, but got home from my son't rugby game in time to see the second half. (Of course, the Vikes were down 24-0, so I knew I didn't miss anything. When Daunte finally completed a pass that I saw, I heard the announcer say that was Daunte's fisrt completion to a wideout today?
    I belive it was to TW. I saw TW catch a couple of other passes, then he was taken out for a while????? I'm watching the last 3 minutes hoping to see TW get the ball, and my wife starts b!tch!ng at me to put the chicken on the grill so we can eat. I walked away during a commercial, put the bird on the grill, came back, and I see the Vikes had 10 pts and people were slapping TW on the back and congratulating him. Of course, I missed it (like I said, a jinx).

Can anyone tell me if TW scored, and if so, what type play was it? (CBS, being as sorry as they are, didn't show the replay that I say).

Re: Vikes problems are my fault...............

yeah TW scored, it was like a 15 yard corner in the endzone.

Maybe I'm the one jinxing the team... Every time I put on my new Cpep jersey they lose the game. I forgot to put it on when they played the saints.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102 252940

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"carolinafan" wrote:
    I started as a Viking fan when Troy was drafted. I finally got to see the second half of a game today. Not good. Looks like I brought South Carolina's luck to the Vikings. I'm a jinx to a football team.

One question, as my true jinx luck would have it, I taped the first half of the game, but got home from my son't rugby game in time to see the second half. (Of course, the Vikes were down 24-0, so I knew I didn't miss anything. When Daunte finally completed a pass that I saw, I heard the announcer say that was Daunte's fisrt completion to a wideout today?
    I belive it was to TW. I saw TW catch a couple of other passes, then he was taken out for a while????? I'm watching the last 3 minutes hoping to see TW get the ball, and my wife starts b!tch!ng at me to put the chicken on the grill so we can eat. I walked away during a commercial, put the bird on the grill, came back, and I see the Vikes had 10 pts and people were slapping TW on the back and congratulating him. Of course, I missed it (like I said, a jinx).

Can anyone tell me if TW scored, and if so, what type play was it? (CBS, being as sorry as they are, didn't show the replay that I say).

Couldn't tell ya the play ... I turned the game off mid 3rd quarter. I would have LOVED to see a rugby match instead of this mess today ... what position does your son play ... I played hooker and 8, then coached a college club for awhile.

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

the ONLY people jinxing this team is MIKE TICE and TED COTTRELL! How long are the vikings defense going to be one of the worst in the league. 4- and 24 on the road is unbelieveable!
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

"VikinginaCamaro" wrote:
    Maybe I'm the one jinxing the team... Every time I put on my new Cpep jersey they lose the game. I forgot to put it on when they played the saints.

:???: Nope, not you. If you saw South Carolina play Auburn last night on ESPN 2, you'll know it's me. They looked like the Vikes did today, only worse. (can't stop the run, only completing short routes, little to no run game, qb getting sacked a ton, etc.)

So please sleep well tonight knowing its not you, but me. It's called the chicken curse for Gamecock fans.....................now TW's brought it to you all. I was hoping it was myth, but it must be a true curse. Not sure if Samantha Stevens can even help you now

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Nobody jinxed em. They just played bad. Man I can't beleive we are 1-3. :cry:

"carolinafan" wrote:
    "VikinginaCamaro" wrote:

:???: Nope, not you. If you saw South Carolina play Auburn last night on ESPN 2, you'll know it's me. They looked like the Vikes did today, only worse. (can't stop the run, only completing short routes, little to no run game, qb getting sacked a ton, etc.)

So please sleep well tonight knowing its not you, but me. It's called the chicken curse for Gamecock fans.....................now TW's brought it to you all. I was hoping it was myth, but it must be a true curse. Not sure if Samantha Stevens can even help you now

That's a relief because I am getting tickets to the Vike/Bears game Oct 16 and I would hate to have to leave my jersey home when going into enemy teritory.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102 252940

ShiFtY is offline Rookie

"VikinginaCamaro" wrote:
    That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

I bought my new CPep jersey and on the Saints day I didn't wear it, but today I did, they lost!

What a coincidence.

Couldn't tell ya the play ... I turned the game off mid 3rd quarter. I would have LOVED to see a rugby match instead of this mess today ... what position does your son play ... I played hooker and 8, then coached a college club for awhile.[/quote]

I believe it's called a "lock" position. I'm not totally familiar with all the terms rules, but I'm starting to learn. It's like HS and college wrestling, once your kid gets into it, you're hooked. What a great / tough sport. He plays for the University of TN. They beat UVA and NC State today for a tourney championship. I wish I could take the aggression and toughness off their rugby team and give it to South Carolina or the Vikes. It just seems certain teams these days are playing without any heart.

I just don't understand it? Pro players are playing for millions, and college football players are playing for full rides in most cases. I watched my son's rugby team play two games in the heat and dirt today with the passion you dream about any team playing with...................the kicker is, for winning the two day tournament, they got a "gold toilet seat" for the trophy :smile: Now that's called playing for the love of the game and it's so fun to watch competition that pure these days.

Where did you play?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast