Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You know, as I look around the league and watch teams play, I'm of a mind that we might still beat the crap out of them.

No, no, before you start laughing hear me out.........
    Too late....

Look at the Pats. Like him or not, Ole Belicheat knows what it takes to win in this league. Take a look at what he did/is doing with that team......
    Yeah but what the Vikings do and what Bill knows are two totally different things.

a. Converted his deep threat passing offense to a multiple TE passing attack with a fast, shifty little go to reciever that is setup by the run.
    So far we have nothing that suggests we are going to use our TE's in any way similar to what the Pats are doing. Secondly we don't have Brady throwing the ball or leading the team so much of what they can do we cannot do. They also made the transition after they cut Moss and there was no other deep threat like him to fill that role. They tried sorta with Ocho but he is proving useless.

(on a side note, anyone still want to argue with me about my stance that Wes has the best hands in the league?)
    Nope. The guy is a stud. Unfortunately while they got Welker from the fins and we got Camarillo from the skins all things are not equal. And Percy is also not going to be the next Welker.

b. Converted his 3-4 defense to a 4-3 (C2) defense. Those to NT's are some war pigs my friend.
    He does a heck of a lot of shifting and tweaking of the defense depending on what they are facing. We have nobody that is even close to being in his league of getting that type of flex out of a roster.

Now look at our team.
    Yeah, that hurts.

a. Offense geared to be a multiple TE offense with a shift little go to reciever that is set up by the run.

b. 4-3 C2 defense.

So are you really, honestly saying that the Vikings are ahead of some sort of scheme curve and the Pats are trying to copy us and catch up?

Only problem I see is related to my soapbox for the last 3 years about trying to get us a big Warpig.
    Of course you are really on your own island with that one. We don't need to get fatter against the teams we are facing, we need to get faster.

Anyway, I'm of a mind we have the talent and are running the right schemes. We just need a bit of help at the QB position, some outstanding play by our DL and for our coaching staff to pull their fricken head out of their asses and this can be done.
    Yeah, if you like having a 1-5 team we do.........

My prediction.......

Vikes 33, PUKERS 27

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Too late....

Yeah but what the Vikings do and what Bill knows are two totally different things.

So far we have nothing that suggests we are going to use our TE's in any way similar to what the Pats are doing. Secondly we don't have Brady throwing the ball or leading the team so much of what they can do we cannot do. They also made the transition after they cut Moss and there was no other deep threat like him to fill that role. They tried sorta with Ocho but he is proving useless.

Nope. The guy is a stud. Unfortunately while they got Welker from the fins and we got Camarillo from the skins all things are not equal. And Percy is also not going to be the next Welker.

He does a heck of a lot of shifting and tweaking of the defense depending on what they are facing. We have nobody that is even close to being in his league of getting that type of flex out of a roster.

Yeah, that hurts.

So are you really, honestly saying that the Vikings are ahead of some sort of scheme curve and the Pats are trying to copy us and catch up?

Of course you are really on your own island with that one. We don't need to get fatter against the teams we are facing, we need to get faster.

I agree with all of the disagreements in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You know, as I look around the league and watch teams play, I'm of a mind that we might still beat the crap out of them.

No, no, before you start laughing hear me out.........

Look at the Pats. Like him or not, Ole Belicheat knows what it takes to win in this league. Take a look at what he did/is doing with that team......

a. Converted his deep threat passing offense to a multiple TE passing attack with a fast, shifty little go to reciever that is setup by the run.

(on a side note, anyone still want to argue with me about my stance that Wes has the best hands in the league?)

b. Converted his 3-4 defense to a 4-3 (C2) defense. Those to NT's are some war pigs my friend.

Now look at our team.

a. Offense geared to be a multiple TE offense with a shift little go to reciever that is set up by the run.

b. 4-3 C2 defense.

Only problem I see is related to my soapbox for the last 3 years about trying to get us a big Warpig.

Anyway, I'm of a mind we have the talent and are running the right schemes. We just need a bit of help at the QB position, some outstanding play by our DL and for our coaching staff to pull their fricken head out of their asses and this can be done.

My prediction.......

Vikes 33, PUKERS 27
    Hey Marr, this will go down as the most optimistic post of the season thus far. I hope your are right bud, but I fear the worst.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    It's not a question of whether or not we lose.........it's a question of how much we lose by.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Wow I seriously can't believe anyone thinks we have a snowballs chance in hell of not losing by more than 3 TD's. That's not negative, that's realistic. They beat us 31-3 at the dome last year (Rodgers 301yds 4 TD's) and there's no reason to think this game will be any different. Rodgers and co. look sharper than ever and our DB's haven't proven they can cover anyone.

AP is the wildcard in terms of the final margin. If we misuse him again, limit his touches, or can't get him going, it's going to be that much harder for Ponder and the game will be over before half. I think the Packers will be coasting by the 2nd half and we'll get a good look at their backups in the 4th. We'll finally score a TD (Ponder to Rudolph) in garbage time to prevent a shutout.

In 3 quarters Rodgers will pick apart our swiss cheese cover 2 D for 350yds and 4 TD's. It's seriously going to look like Rodgers is just playing catch out there with his receivers. It'll be refreshing and exciting to finally see Ponder start, but he'll throw 3 picks (1 returned for 6).

This one could potentially be quite embarrassing though. I'm talking Gopher like embarrassment, not the usual Viking embarrassment. If Ponder wasn't making his 1st start I probably wouldn't even bother watching.

Gut feeling ... Packers 41-7 (31-17 if AP shows up).

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I like this post. I too am a believer. Before the loss to Chicago we were in every game. I don't think Rodgers is God. If we get a couple of things fixed it could happen.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Well, if Green Bay wants to run alot of those 4 or 5 reciever sets, we should be able to get Jared in a man on man blocking matchup which could create some heat, but we need to get tor Rodgers before his many recievers get open..

He could easily kill our secondary if we don't..

Offense depends on playaction and whatever we can do to get Adrian out in space.. i saw they tried with some goal-line blocking formations all over the field vs the Bears in the second half which worked ok on the scoring drive and i think we could see more of the same... Bootlegs and quick slants to hit Percy in stride and the playaction over the top to Berrian is key to getting the running game working as well..

Im a homer, so im going with

27-24 Vikes in OT.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Now it's literally impossible for us to win with Chris Cook in jail. Who's our secondary? Cedric "I don't have a good ACL in my body" Griffin? Slow and crap. Marcus "Fair catch at the 5" Sherels? Brandon "The other B_Twice" Burton? Asher "I'm 4'11"" Allen? They all SUCK! Our team is a fucking joke. However there are some things I'm excited to see: Mistral Raymon, Jared Allen, Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph, Percy Harvin, and Purple Jesus.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Too late....

Yeah, that hurts.

The Vikings do have that second half of the game adjustment that not many other teams in the league have starting using yet....the one where we keep our offense limited to 3-5 plays if we extend their time with a penalty a possession and leave the defense out for the most of the rest of the game to get a good look at what adjustments they've made and which stuff starts working, which seems to be alot at times

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    It's gonna be UGLY
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234