Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The sad part is that while many fans are pissed right now about the fact that the team has been trying to retread old QB's for what seems to be an eternity, I would put money on a large prt of the fan base jumping on a"Bring in Manning" bandwagon if the Colts would win the suck for luck sweepstakes and decided after a year or so that they no longer needed #18 or his salary on the roster.
    +1

Agreed. They'll sing a different tune when it becomes a serious possibility.

There was more than 1 thread, back when Favre was in GB, that asked if they'd want him as the Vikings QB. The majority replied with a big "hell no".

The moment it looked like a possibility, most changed their minds & were slobbin' the knob, while tickling the sack.

They'd do the same for Peyton.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    I'm hoping Ponder brings a spark and enables the O to stay on the field for more than 2 minutes whcih will give our D some time to recover between opposition TDs.

Will the Pukers win? probably but it has become almost secondary to seeing what Ponder gives us on offense. Never easy to lose to the Packers but they are simply better than us and we have to move on. As for the decision to throw him under the bus against the only undefeated team in the NFl, at some point he will have to do it, if he can come through this relatively unscathed and with a TD or 2 to boot it could very well be the making of him and we might at last have our very own franchise quarterback.

I say go for it young man and do your best we ask and expect nothing else.
    Purple till i die

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    +1

Agreed. They'll sing a different tune when it becomes a serious possibility.

There was more than 1 thread, back when Favre was in GB, that asked if they'd want him as the Vikings QB. The majority replied with a big "hell no".

The moment it looked like a possibility, most changed their minds & were slobbin' the knob, while tickling the sack.They'd do the same for Peyton.
    You have such a way with words
    Purple till i die

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    I'm hoping Ponder brings a spark and enables the O to stay on the field for more than 2 minutes whcih will give our D some time to recover between opposition TDs.

Will the Pukers win? probably but it has become almost secondary to seeing what Ponder gives us on offense. Never easy to lose to the Packers but they are simply better than us and we have to move on. As for the decision to throw him under the bus against the only undefeated team in the NFl, at some point he will have to do it, if he can come through this relatively unscathed and with a TD or 2 to boot it could very well be the making of him and we might at last have our very own franchise quarterback.

I say go for it young man and do your best we ask and expect nothing else.
    That's my take as well. Expectations are fairly low for him making his first start. Having some success in the game, could go a long way for him.

The threat of him getting killed by our shitty OL, is going to be there for quite a while and actually plays to one of his strengths.

IMO, this is the right time to put him in, hopefully Musgrave calls the game a bit differently with him in. Another test if the coaching staff has a clue.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    38-20 Packers is my prediction. I think Ponder and Co. keeps the game somewhat close until the third quarter. Then, the Packers will be just too much for the Vikings. Here's to the future!

I wouldn't even run one time in the first series. The packers will be expecting hand offs to get the young kid settled in. They will crowd the line and there will be absolutely nothing there. Our best bet will be to roll him out and give him high percentage throws underneath.

This will also make the Pukes think twice about blitzing which they are sure to do. Going three and out is the worst thing that could happen in the first series. Ponder needs a rhythm even if it's only for short gains. slants, out routes, crossing routes. Shotguns are also a necessity.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Packers stop scoring when the final whistle blows.

After Packers retire to the locker room, Musgrave engineers a solid 11 play scoring drive
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If we hold them under 45 I will consider it a moral victory.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    You know, as I look around the league and watch teams play, I'm of a mind that we might still beat the crap out of them.

No, no, before you start laughing hear me out.........

Look at the Pats. Like him or not, Ole Belicheat knows what it takes to win in this league. Take a look at what he did/is doing with that team......

a. Converted his deep threat passing offense to a multiple TE passing attack with a fast, shifty little go to reciever that is setup by the run.

(on a side note, anyone still want to argue with me about my stance that Wes has the best hands in the league?)

b. Converted his 3-4 defense to a 4-3 (C2) defense. Those to NT's are some war pigs my friend.

Now look at our team.

a. Offense geared to be a multiple TE offense with a shift little go to reciever that is set up by the run.

b. 4-3 C2 defense.

Only problem I see is related to my soapbox for the last 3 years about trying to get us a big Warpig.

Anyway, I'm of a mind we have the talent and are running the right schemes. We just need a bit of help at the QB position, some outstanding play by our DL and for our coaching staff to pull their fricken head out of their asses and this can be done.

My prediction.......

Vikes 33, PUKERS 27
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast