Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Boy, I sure am glad we went "all in" with the Favre years and gave zero thought to the long term success of our team. I mean, really, who could have seen this coming?

Oh... right...

Ya, that's been working out great for the franchise. The washed up qb approach is getting old, and I hope to God that Donny is done for the year, though it wouldn't surprise me if he does.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The sad part is that while many fans are pissed right now about the fact that the team has been trying to retread old QB's for what seems to be an eternity, I would put money on a large prt of the fan base jumping on a"Bring in Manning" bandwagon if the Colts would win the suck for luck sweepstakes and decided after a year or so that they no longer needed #18 or his salary on the roster.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    I can agree with that!!.. I'd love to have Manning on this team... That said, aside from a Manning, Brady, Brees, Rogers, type of trade situation. We don't need to be doing that... I've been a fan 25 years and as long as I can remember, that's been our M.O.

Manning would be an idiot to take the job on this team. Who in the heck is he going to throw to...Berrian, ya right. Maybe we should give Berrian a butterfly net and a segway with a hopped up motor. He may just be able to earn his pay then, but I doubt it. Might have to upgrade to a muskie net...hmmmmm
    Last edited by battleaxe4cheese; 10-17-2011 at 03:14 PM.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    If manning or any other veteran is brought in next season, can't say I'll be watching any Vikings games. It's just not fun for me to see us bring in vets while we don't address the actual QB, OL and WR issues.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    If manning or any other veteran is brought in next season, can't say I'll be watching any Vikings games. It's just not fun for me to see us bring in vets while we don't address the actual QB, OL and WR issues.
    This just in...Vikes sign Steve Hutchinson to 8 year contract extension. lol
    Sorry man, need some humor at this point in the season.

mamaluke is offline Starter
    I predict a resounding Vikings victory. Vikings 38 - Packers 10. Excuse me for a minute, gotta find my misplaced hashpipe.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaluke View Post
    I predict a resounding Vikings victory. Vikings 38 - Packers 10. Excuse me for a minute, gotta find my misplaced hashpipe.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I can agree with that!!.. I'd love to have Manning on this team...
    Just remember- We are getting these guys after they are played out, not in their prime. Do you really want the team to bring in Manning after he is washed up?

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    They'll be no need. We'll have our franchise QB. Issue is will they switch focus and start bringing in old WRs and O line guys.

Moss and Birk could renew their "acquaintance"
    Purple till i die

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast