Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tosstomoss is offline Starter

Re: Vikes officially re-sign K-Rob

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Yeah, since he was on waivers it was pretty obvious that noone else would pick him up.
    I am not sure how all of this works, but it all has to do with cap money and guaruntted salaries and he was gonna be a Vike all along, that is why it was under the radar.

Since Koren is a 4 year vet, his contract is guaranteed for the whole season, if he is on a roster for week 1. If he is signed week 2 however, his contract isn't guaranteed and he can be cut at anytime. This is why we did what we did. We weren't about to guarantee him a contract, when he still has to go to court and could possibly get some jail time and miss some games(which is doubtful IMO).

I am just confused as to when he came off waivers. I thought he actually couldn't until this weeks games are done, meaning after the MNF game.
    I am still cofused

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

"tosstomoss" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Yeah, since he was on waivers it was pretty obvious that noone else would pick him up.
    I am not sure how all of this works, but it all has to do with cap money and guaruntted salaries and he was gonna be a Vike all along, that is why it was under the radar.

Since Koren is a 4 year vet, his contract is guaranteed for the whole season, if he is on a roster for week 1. If he is signed week 2 however, his contract isn't guaranteed and he can be cut at anytime. This is why we did what we did. We weren't about to guarantee him a contract, when he still has to go to court and could possibly get some jail time and miss some games(which is doubtful IMO).

I am just confused as to when he came off waivers. I thought he actually couldn't until this weeks games are done, meaning after the MNF game.
    I am still cofused
    its the difference between us paying 1.5 million for one season if he is on the roster for game one or 540,000 for him to be signed a week later.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Basically all it means is they pay him according to what games he plays instead of having a guarantee. If he's out for 4 games we pay him for 12. If he was on the roster for the 1st game he would be guaranteed his whole contract. Since he wasn't, he only gets what games he plays.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

It was SMART move by the Vikings to release him and resign him. This is the kinda of thinking that keeps the Viking with tons of CAP space. Whoever does our CAP management is AWSOME.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikes" wrote:
    It was SMART move by the Vikings to release him and resign him. This is the kinda of thinking that keeps the Viking with tons of CAP space. Whoever does our CAP management is AWSOME.
    I agree, exept to say that we're lucky (this time) that Tice is a "players coach", because he was Waived and could have been nabbed by another team OR outright signed with another team in need. *cough*GB*cough*

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Just heard on kfan from one of there inside guys talking about Krob, and it looks like the packers did try to sign him but he wanted to play here instead. The guy said there should be some stories coming out sometime in the next few days.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I wouldn't be suprised if he did turn down the pack. I think that he is going to be a bigger impact player then everyone thought...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im so stoked about K-rob.. He is no doubt gonna make an impact.. In both receiving and ST's

vikings6490 is offline Starter

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Im so stoked about K-rob.. He is no doubt gonna make an impact.. In both receiving and ST's
    I also think he's gonna make an impact...I want to see him return kicks because that looked like a problem, has he ever done that before?
    Thanks MF

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I heard he did in college a little.. He is kinda quick and shifty so I think he would be an upgrade over Howry.. I wouldn't know though

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast