Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park

    [size=13pt]Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park[/size]

    Reported by: Phil Mackey
    Email: PMac@kfan.com

    Last Update: 3/24 1:08 pm



    Vikings players are happy with the way the front office went Rambo on the free agent market last month....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park


    The Veterans can see that the front office is doing it's best to improve this team, and it brings up the enthusiasm around Winter Park. This has been a pretty exciting offseason so far, and I can't wait to see these new faces on the field. Mix in a couple nice draft picks and we are off to the races.

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park

    As I said before, I like the way the throw in some of the "Non Football" kindof stuff.


    By the way.......

    Erasmus James hung around Winter Park Monday, as he embarks on yet another rehab journey. With Kenechi Udeze battling cancer, the Vikings were left extremely thin at defensive end, prompting them to make a push for Justin Smith and Antwan Odom in free agency. Both wound up signing elsewhere.
    This sounds like he is just starting!!!!
    WTF is going on with this cat?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    As I said before, I like the way the throw in some of the "Non Football" kindof stuff.


    By the way.......

    Erasmus James hung around Winter Park Monday, as he embarks on yet another rehab journey. With Kenechi Udeze battling cancer, the Vikings were left extremely thin at defensive end, prompting them to make a push for Justin Smith and Antwan Odom in free agency. Both wound up signing elsewhere.
    This sounds like he is just starting!!!!
    WTF is going on with this cat?
    Rehab begins almost immediately after surgery. Sometimes before they wake up from the anesthetic.
    There's no way the trainers are going to let a guy under contract off the hook.If he hasn't been exercising his knee it's because the surgeon ordered him to rest it. But that would be very unusual.

    Unfortunately, it would be difficult to be ready by the start of the season as well. It could happen if all goes well. I'm praying it is so.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    As I said before, I like the way the throw in some of the "Non Football" kindof stuff.


    By the way.......

    Erasmus James hung around Winter Park Monday, as he embarks on yet another rehab journey. With Kenechi Udeze battling cancer, the Vikings were left extremely thin at defensive end, prompting them to make a push for Justin Smith and Antwan Odom in free agency. Both wound up signing elsewhere.
    This sounds like he is just starting!!!!
    WTF is going on with this cat?
    Rehab begins almost immediately after surgery. Sometimes before they wake up from the anesthetic.
    There's no way the trainers are going to let a guy under contract off the hook.If he hasn't been exercising his knee it's because the surgeon ordered him to rest it. But that would be very unusual.

    Unfortunately, it would be difficult to be ready by the start of the season as well. It could happen if all goes well. I'm praying it is so.
    Not trying to highjack the thread or anything, and I should have sent you a PM, however, I asked a couple of times what you thought of Merlings surgery.
    How long before he would be ready?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    As I said before, I like the way the throw in some of the "Non Football" kindof stuff.


    By the way.......

    Erasmus James hung around Winter Park Monday, as he embarks on yet another rehab journey. With Kenechi Udeze battling cancer, the Vikings were left extremely thin at defensive end, prompting them to make a push for Justin Smith and Antwan Odom in free agency. Both wound up signing elsewhere.
    This sounds like he is just starting!!!!
    WTF is going on with this cat?
    Rehab begins almost immediately after surgery. Sometimes before they wake up from the anesthetic.
    There's no way the trainers are going to let a guy under contract off the hook.If he hasn't been exercising his knee it's because the surgeon ordered him to rest it. But that would be very unusual.

    Unfortunately, it would be difficult to be ready by the start of the season as well. It could happen if all goes well. I'm praying it is so.
    Not trying to highjack the thread or anything, and I should have sent you a PM, however, I asked a couple of times what you thought of Merlings surgery.
    How long before he would be ready?
    Unpredictable. Should be good to go in 4 to 8 weeks but you never know.Recurrance is always a possibility.
    Most don't have trouble. Some have a lot of trouble.Size and location are factors.Not enough info to predict.

    Now back to Winter Park. Nice to see some activty. More opportunity to gather info..
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #7
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re: Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park

    Its all good news and lots of it...except along the OLINE.
    Hope we can work something out with Birk.
    Hope we can fix our problem LT.
    As long as we don't have major issues there, I think we've got a pretty darn good and competitive team.
    Good chance at the division title.
    If we end up with 2 holes on our OLine, we'll probably get bent over the barrel.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  8. #8
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikes Notes 3/24: Back To Winter Park

    “From what I hear [Williams] is a great player, and he’s a high character guy,” Greenway said.

    And he’s right. Williams made a point to stop at Children’s Hospital the morning of his first Vikings press conference in February. Sounds like a good guy.


    That right alone right now is IMHO makes ths signing
    big one. Everytime I read something about him what he does off the field makes him that mmuch better of a player.


Similar Threads

  1. Quotes From Winter Park - 11/7/07
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 06:38 AM
  2. News From Winter Park
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 05:59 AM
  3. Renovations to Winter Park
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 08:59 PM
  4. BEHIND THE SCENES AT WINTER PARK
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 11:20 PM
  5. " Vikes in High Spirits @ Winter Park !!! "
    By mnjamie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 01:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •