Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    briboy75's Avatar
    briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    555

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    Who (if anyone) do the vikings have in nfl europe? Anybody heard anything about how any of our players over there have performed?

  2. #2
    dan3ski's Avatar
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    878

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    I do not believe NFL Europe is playing yet but as i understand it every team in the NFL must send at least two players over there.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

  3. #3
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    Its up and running and just finished week 5. The Vikes have 4-5 players allocated though, since the demise of the Monarchs, I haven't watched it as much as I'd like to. Not quite sure who we have over but I'll check it out and get back to you on it


    "dan3ski" wrote:
    I do not believe NFL Europe is playing yet but as i understand it every team in the NFL must send at least two players over there.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  4. #4
    billvike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    476

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    I know Jermaine Mays is one of the Vikings over there and i heard he's doing a very good job ill keep ya posted!
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

  5. #5
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    ANDERSON, KANE, TE, Amsterdam Admirals, New Hampshire

    MAYS, JERMAINE, CB, Berlin Thunder. Minnesota

    NELSON, BEN, WR, Cologne Centurions, St. Cloud State

    WILLIS, HORACE, CB, Rhein Fire, Auburn


    According to one site, the Vikings also allocated Joe Gerda, but he's not listed on the roster for the Vikings, or the roster of the Scottish Claymores, the team to which he was supposedly allocated.

  6. #6
    bigdogbovy's Avatar
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    532

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    NFL europe is good because it gives guys a chance to hone thier skills, but I can;t really see it as something worth following. Kind of like arena football, but with mostly better players. But still no where near the excitement of college or Pro Ball, not saying it's right. Just the way it is.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

  7. #7
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    "bigdogbovy" wrote:
    NFL europe is good because it gives guys a chance to hone thier skills, but I can;t really see it as something worth following. Kind of like arena football, but with mostly better players. But still no where near the excitement of college or Pro Ball, not saying it's right. Just the way it is.
    Actually, I found myself enjoying Arena Football. With NFL Europe, you just get a watered down vesion of the pro game, without any of the excitement that comes along with the college game. Arena football is different enough from the NFL that it makes it interesting to watch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    146

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    "josdin00" wrote:
    Actually, I found myself enjoying Arena Football. With NFL Europe, you just get a watered down vesion of the pro game, without any of the excitement that comes along with the college game. Arena football is different enough from the NFL that it makes it interesting to watch.
    Really? I find the AFL rules too slanted towards the offense to really get into it (The linebackers, in particular, are almost completely paralyzed!). You are right, though, about NFL Europe not being very satusfying to watch.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

  9. #9
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,607

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    I can't get into the arena league either. It just seems so fakey to me... with the tiney little field and such... I need the real deal

  10. #10
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Vikes in NFL Europe

    "JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:
    Really? I find the AFL rules too slanted towards the offense to really get into it (The linebackers, in particular, are almost completely paralyzed!). You are right, though, about NFL Europe not being very satusfying to watch.
    I know there are some rules about a "box" the linebackers have to be inside of when the ball is snapped, but I am far from being an expert on the rules of arena football. Think about it though, the scoring is the exciting part for the casual fan. All the AFL has are casual fans. 7-3 games would not sell tickets the way that 65-58 games sell tickets.


    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I can't get into the arena league either. It just seems so fakey to me... with the tiney little field and such... I need the real deal
    Don't get me wrong. AFL is nothing compared to NFL. However, the AFL season spans a time period where the Cubs, and the NCAA tournament are the only other things I really watch in the sports world. Until the NBA starts calling fouls the same for everyone, or the NHL finds a way to get games shown in Chicago, I'm not going to get into either sport. So, since arena football isn't competing against much as far as I'm concerned, I can watch their "football lite", and hope it tides me over until training camp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. No more NFL Europe
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 02:59 PM
  2. Travel to Europe
    By tjohnson in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 09:14 PM
  3. Nfl Europe
    By Mr-holland in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 09:18 PM
  4. NFL Europe players
    By FuadFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 06:32 AM
  5. nfl europe
    By zzbudzz in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 09:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •