Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikes on national TV Friday

"Justin311" wrote:
    Who is the CBS number one crew? is it Jim nantz and Phil Simms? are they callin the game?

It's CBS first game of the season so they will do they "NFC preview" the "AFC Preview", and once the 2nd and 3rd squads role in they will be talking about TO, Gates, benson, and of course Randy Moss.

I do wanna thank the FOX crew for making the 1st quarter of tonights game a "TO-Free" quarter.

Oh and I almost forgot, they will also be promoting their Fantasy special on CBS on Saturday....and countless promos for 60 minutes.

Exactly why I hate national televised preseason games. The stupid announcers never pay attention to the game, once the starters leave the game. It basically then turns into NFL Total Access, with them talking about TO, Favre, and having sideline interviews with a ton of players, causing us to miss a lot of the game. And most of our interviews will be the same stupid questions, "can you win without Moss?", "can you pass/run the ball effectively without moss?", "how is it different with moss gone?", are you all secretly in love with moss like all us media guys/gals are?", "what do you think about TO?", and so on and so on.

Personally I think the most important part of the preseason games, is when the starters go out of the game. Depth is what wins championships in this league and if you don't have it, you just don't win a super bowl. God play by 2nd and 3rd stringers, shows depth. I like to watch the young guys out there, trying to make plays and make the team. Guys who will be counted on to step in and preform, if a starter goes down. Yet we won't get to see/hear much about them tonight, because it is nationally televised.

I'm gonna listen to it on the radio, while I watch it on TV, so I can hear some analysis of the younger guys and hear guys that are actually paying attention to the game.

And I can't believe NO had their starters out there well into the 3rd quarter last night. Man Jim hasslett is an idiot. I can't believe he still has a coaching job.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

does anyone know whether NYJ or MV is the favorite to win? Does anyone know the vegas odds? I was looking for it in the usual places (Espn,NFL, CBSsportsonline) and couldn't find it. Maybe this isn't done for preseason games?

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

cool...too bad i have to work till 9 tonight... i might be able to catch some of it here and there.

vikesls is offline Rookie

I live on the left coast so I had to get off work early on this friday, I'm really bummed about leaving work early, really I am, just so I can get home and watch the kick off. I've got beer, GOOD beer, not that yellow water crap, and pizza. I'm set.

Oh yeah, and I splurged for the NFL Sunday ticket this year don't get a lot of Vikes games in Seattle. I used to get more Vikes games when I lived in Anchorage. SKOL!!

"vikesls" wrote:
    I've got beer, GOOD beer, not that yellow water crap, and pizza. I'm set.
    what kind of beer do you have at the ready?

I've got a 6-pack of Dale's Pale Ale for the weekend. It was just voted best domestic pale ale in a non-random blind taste test conducted by people who work for the NY Times. Anyway, it's good and hopsy, and a local brew that I like to support.

Prophet Guest

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    does anyone know whether NYJ or MV is the favorite to win? Does anyone know the vegas odds? I was looking for it in the usual places (Espn,NFL, CBSsportsonline) and couldn't find it. Maybe this isn't done for preseason games?
    http://www.vegas.com/gaming/

Aug. 19 Minnesota
    5 p.m. at New York-A
    Favorite NYJ NYJ NYJ NYJ
    Point spread -1½ -1½ -2 -1½
    Total 38o/u 37½o/u 37½o/u 38o/u
    Total money line -110 -110 -110 -110

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    http://www.vegas.com/gaming/

Aug. 19 Minnesota
    5 p.m. at New York-A
    Favorite NYJ NYJ NYJ NYJ
    Point spread -1½ -1½ -2 -1½
    Total 38o/u 37½o/u 37½o/u 38o/u
    Total money line -110 -110 -110 -110

thanks for that, good to note the source too (doh!). I am surprised that the Jets are the favorites, but then again, it's not by much.

Prophet Guest

Yeah, it would be tough to make a spread in the preseason since it could be something like last night when the Saints had their starters in against the third stringers....throws all the odds out of whack.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Does anyone else HATE joe buck??????!!! He was on the saints game last night...that guy is a Fagg0t. How he was so disgusted with Moss' Fake Moon??? COme on...I'll put any amount of money says he drives a mini Van. Another one i hate is Chris Collinsworth. He used to verbaly Trash moss...then last year, he was all over his jock.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

vikesls is offline Rookie

RE: Good beer for a good nationally televised game (and any other game) tonight I'm having a smorgasboard of Summer Blond, IPA, and will finish the fourth quarter with a black porter. they're all made by Full Sail which is a local micro brew here in the Seattle area.

I love the micro brews.

Go VIKES!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast