Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikes moving up in the power rankings

I just got done with my Packer Plus duties for this week, and the NFL Power Index just came over our wire. It shows the Vikings at 20 on the power ranking list...my packers are two points shy of last place.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    I just got done with my Packer Plus duties for this week, and the NFL Power Index just came over our wire. It shows the Vikings at 20 on the power ranking list...my packers are two points shy of last place.
    In the only ranking that matters, the Vikings are tied for FIRST PLACE in both the NFC North and the NFC Conference standings.

The Packers, OTOH, are tied for LAST PLACE in both the NFC North and the NFC Conference standings.

Not to confuse you with reality or anything.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"bono" wrote:
    hold on... there's a packers fan on a Viking's site? don't get me wrong, I'm not going to blow up at it or anything, just suprised is all. you must not be one of those who comes on and trash talks and stuff.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    hold on... there's a packers fan on a Viking's site? don't get me wrong, I'm not going to blow up at it or anything, just suprised is all. you must not be one of those who comes on and trash talks and stuff.
    Hey, don't pick on Bono.
    He's a cool Pack fan.
    He's realistic.
    He comes here to talk football not to start trouble.
    That is always welcomed here.

Did I just say that??????

Anyway, AW hit the nail on the head.
    The only power rankings that matter right now are the standings.
    At the end of the day and year for that matter (that's the major one), all power rankings do is give supposed experts a chance to show their humorous side by giving a witty statement on their reasoning for how they rank a team.
    When it is all said and done the ranking means nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Looks like they are off a little...by two points!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Looks like they are off a little...by two points!
    - I dunno, I think the Raiders could be worse
    ;D

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I have to say this:

The Vikings power will go up completey when a new stadium is up for Wilf...they need it to generate more revenue for the team

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Undisputed,
    I'm not joking around here. Honestly, I don't think too many folks, outside of the Purple Priders (heck, my dad's a purple prider...yuck!), are really expecting the vikings to be 3-0 after their meeting with the Bears. Have you witnessed that defense of the Bears? Awesome! outstanding! The greatest the NFL has catered to in a long time, IMO! I was suprised the Lions got 7 points out of 'em on Sunday. And that once horrible excuse of an offense for the bears, is actually starting look all right (all thanks to the motivation given them by their defense). I predict a close game until late in the 3rd, and then the claws will come out. All of a sudden: fumble after fumble by B. Johnson and his boys in purple...int. here, int. there, as a result of purple boys breaking down...then a sack here, a sack there, a sack in the middle, a sack down yunder, as a result of the never slowing down bears' defensive pressure. If I'm the vikings' coach, I say we hit 'em hard, and we hit 'em early. I'm talking about no-huddles right from the start...deep throwns on just about every play...never letting the Bears' defense gather themselves.
    HOW could your dad let his son root for the Pukers...Imma have ta have a talk with that man!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"bono" wrote:
    Undisputed,
    I'm not joking around here. Honestly, I don't think too many folks, outside of the Purple Priders (heck, my dad's a purple prider...yuck!), are really expecting the vikings to be 3-0 after their meeting with the Bears. Have you witnessed that defense of the Bears? Awesome! outstanding! The greatest the NFL has catered to in a long time, IMO! I was suprised the Lions got 7 points out of 'em on Sunday. And that once horrible excuse of an offense for the bears, is actually starting look all right (all thanks to the motivation given them by their defense). I predict a close game until late in the 3rd, and then the claws will come out. All of a sudden: fumble after fumble by B. Johnson and his boys in purple...int. here, int. there, as a result of purple boys breaking down...then a sack here, a sack there, a sack in the middle, a sack down yunder, as a result of the never slowing down bears' defensive pressure. If I'm the vikings' coach, I say we hit 'em hard, and we hit 'em early. I'm talking about no-huddles right from the start...deep throwns on just about every play...never letting the Bears' defense gather themselves.
    Alright, I can understand the Bears being favored to win and I am a little nervous about this game.
    It should be an all out battle.
    But, the Bears have played, no offense, the Packers and Lions.
    Neither of their offenses or defenses has proven respectable this year.
    The Vikings have played against a Carolina D, who despite giving up a buttload of rushing yards to Atlanta is very respectable, and some would even argue is better than Chicago's D.
    That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we did lose this game, but given we've got home field advantage, and we're by far the best team the Bears have faced this year, you can't count us out.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"ejmat" wrote:

Hey, don't pick on Bono.
    He's a cool Pack fan.
    He's realistic.
    He comes here to talk football not to start trouble.
    That is always welcomed here.

Did I just say that??????
    Well its not like he has much choice if he wants to talk about football.
    Its not like there is any football to talk about over on a Packers forum.
    ;D

WWBGD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast