Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes moving after 2011

"Jarhead" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think Red should front a little bit more of the bill himself. But I also feel the community should be responsible for a portion of it. It is entertainment. I think that is how it linked to Arts.

It's a place to take the family it gives you something to do. So it is an interactive establishment with the community. Along the same lines as a rec center.

I think if Red would loosen the pocketbook and take some of the pressure off of the community it would pass. Everyone would eventually profit from it even the community.
    Movies theaters are entertinment. Amusement parks are entertainment. Putt Putt golf is entertainment. They are places to take the family for something to do. Tax payers don't build those facilities for the owners. The business owners front the money because they think that they can turn a profit. And if the public likes their business we buy tickets and they make money. If the state builds an art museum the state owns it and if it makes money the state gets it. No private owner can up and move the team or sell it for millions in profits leaving the state high and dry.

All businesses benefit the state through tax revenues but I don't think many people would say that we should build stores or factories or resturants for business people so that we can get the tax revenue.
    Hey, what's the web address for that Putt Putt message board again???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Vikes moving after 2011

Wake up Minnesota the Northstars left and you got lucky and got a hockey team back. Most teams have a new stadium the Vikings now play in one of the older stadiums in the NFL. To lost this team from Minnesota would cost more than YOU think! The total cost in jobs and taxes plus money comming into the economy from outside people comming to see the game in hotels and food will total into the tens of millions of dollars per year that no team is there. Plus you would have to build a new stadium just to get a new team there. So WAKE UP and smell the coffee.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Jarhead is offline Rookie

Vikes moving after 2011

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Wake up Minnesota the Northstars left and you got lucky and got a hockey team back. Most teams have a new stadium the Vikings now play in one of the older stadiums in the NFL. To lost this team from Minnesota would cost more than YOU think! The total cost in jobs and taxes plus money comming into the economy from outside people comming to see the game in hotels and food will total into the tens of millions of dollars per year that no team is there. Plus you would have to build a new stadium just to get a new team there. So WAKE UP and smell the coffee.
    I don't want to argue this, but could you please show me how the vikes contrubute tens of millions per year in "The total cost in jobs and taxes plus money comming into the economy from outside people comming to see the game in hotels and food". I'm assuming that you're notcounting player salaries.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Vikes moving after 2011

All the people who work at the stadium for the games pay taxes on that money. Each seat sold out for every gams (6300 aprox) all the consessions including at the stores in the Malls and elseware. the gass for driving to and from the games. The hotels where the players stay not to mention the spectators. The airlines for the teams and others. The list goes on. How many business' would close or lose sales due to no Vikings merchandise. There is alot of money to be made or lost due to a Pro team in any sport leaving a comunity!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

worgl is offline Waterboy

Vikes moving after 2011

"SKOL" wrote:
    Personally, I think the legislature knows there's a rock solid lease, and written guarantees from the NFL, until 2011. A new stadium will happen, but not until it gets closer to 2011. It may be that the stadium would have to be DONE by that time though, there's no guarantee (although likely) that if the building's in the construction stage the team will stick around.

How long would it take from approval stage to playing the first game, 5 years?? If that's so the ball would have to start rolling in two years, 2006.
    It shouldn't take that long from approval to final construction on a stadium.

October 6, 1999: NFL Owners vote to award a franchise to Houston.
    March 9, 2000: Groundbreaking on new stadium.
    August 24, 2002: Texans play first game (pre-season vs. Fins) in Reliant Stadium.

Bleedspurple is offline Rookie

Vikes moving after 2011

The bottom line is that its going to finally take losing one of the two teams in order for every one to finally wake up on this subject! I'm so damn sick of everyone I know being so negative about this. I just moved back to MN after being gone for 6 years and I dread it every day. Minnesotans are so F**king fickle is just makes me want to puke.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes moving after 2011

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Plus you would have to build a new stadium just to get a new team there. So WAKE UP and smell the coffee.
    That says it ALL!!! Just ask Houston, TX...and they were mostly just lucky on getting the Texans, mainly because the LA potential ownership groups were so stupid that Houston snuck in and swooped the expansion team out from under the LA group's noses...Minnesota will NOT be so lucky if the Vikings leave.

I rooted for the NorthStars when they were in Minnesota, but as soon as they moved to Dallas, I quickly grew to hate them, especially after they won the Cup...that really hurt, especially because it was for one of the two cities (the other is Boston) where I hate every pro sports team there (mainly due to their largely classless fans, who think that they are so knowledgable and better than others).

All that I can say is Minnesotans who care about the Vikings should do whatever is necessary to keep the Vikings where they belong...in Minnesota!

SKOL MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

poult is offline Asst. Coach

Vikes moving after 2011

how did the wilds arena get built? who paid for it? and one other thing, its been there for about 4 or 5 years i guess, and they already had an all star game there. the lions just got a new stadium,, and now they get the superbowl in a year or 2. you think theyd ever hold a bowl in the metrodome? no chance. the ammount of cash a bowl would bring in would be huge.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikes moving after 2011

any idea on where they will go?

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikes moving after 2011

any idea on where they will go?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345