Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Jarhead is offline Rookie

Vikes moving after 2011

I don't thik McCombs will still have the team when the lease runs out either. Hopefully someone local will buy the team and will be willing to put up more money for a stadium. I would prefer that they build it themselves with no public money but that's probably not an option and the legislature will not build a stadium for McCombs.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Vikes moving after 2011

I doubt this ever happens and even if it does, it certainly aint going to be oregon. Its going to the la vikings.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes moving after 2011

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Jesse "the Bod" was the leader of this "we are not going to pay" wasn't he. I know the Bod is gone from office but it seems that he was the one speaking out on this and it spilled over.

Also, where is he going to move the Vikes too. San Antonio?? They definitely do not have a good stadium. It is the same indoor atmosphere. The only thing that would be different would be the contract. Why can't they renegotiate the contract to have them stay in the Met-Dome if the new stadium isn't built.

They are basing this arguement toward your fear of loss. I don't think they move the Vikes. That would be a travis-sham-mockery. We have a huge fan base. It better not happen. If it did it would have to go down like the browns. We would have to be promised a new franchise and maybe taylor would come in. I am not for the last idea so please keep the Vikes in MN.

You are correct Jesse (the dimwit) is a big part of the reason!

Have you seen what he looks like now (what a pin head). I meet him about 20 years ago, we were tubing on the Apple River together and he was a fun guy to hangout with but he should never have been elected!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Vikes moving after 2011

well hopfully the jags move first

Sales slow for home opener

The Jaguars have more than 13,000 tickets left for their Sunday, Sept. 19, home opener against Denver, which means the game most likely will be blacked out on local television.

If the blackout occurs, it would be the second consecutive Jaguars home opener not broadcast locally. The team's first eight home openers all were shown in the Jacksonville viewing area.

The Jaguars have the NFL's third-cheapest average ticket price this season, according to a study by the Chicago-based Team Marketing Report. The Jaguars' average price of $40.80 (not including suites and premium seats) is higher than only Arizona's ($39.72) and Buffalo's ($37.13).

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/092104/jag_16696791.shtml

they have lease for 30 years but if there is opt out if the get so many blackouts in the next 5 years
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Vikes moving after 2011

Jarhead, do you also think our armed forces should be paid by private money? How about paving the roads? Do you do that with private money? Or High Schools? Do you finance those with private money? Come on now. The Vikings make a big, big, big impact on the economy there. And the government gets paid on that money. Are you from MN.? If so sounds like your part of the problem, that just may get all that money outta your economy really fast. Look at cities that have lost NFL teams. All of them except L.A. have gotten them back, fast as they can. Bet the Gov. at the time those teams left didn't get re-elected either. Theatre of the Arts? LOL, that cracks me up.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikes moving after 2011

Personally, I think the legislature knows there's a rock solid lease, and written guarantees from the NFL, until 2011. A new stadium will happen, but not until it gets closer to 2011. It may be that the stadium would have to be DONE by that time though, there's no guarantee (although likely) that if the building's in the construction stage the team will stick around.

How long would it take from approval stage to playing the first game, 5 years?? If that's so the ball would have to start rolling in two years, 2006.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Jarhead is offline Rookie

Vikes moving after 2011

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    Jarhead, do you also think our armed forces should be paid by private money? How about paving the roads? Do you do that with private money? Or High Schools? Do you finance those with private money? Come on now. The Vikings make a big, big, big impact on the economy there. And the government gets paid on that money. Are you from MN.? If so sounds like your part of the problem, that just may get all that money outta your economy really fast. Look at cities that have lost NFL teams. All of them except L.A. have gotten them back, fast as they can. Bet the Gov. at the time those teams left didn't get re-elected either. Theatre of the Arts? LOL, that cracks me up.
    What a stupid comparison. Building a stadium for a sports team or fighting wars? Hmmm which one should the government do? Providing sports facilities for professional sports teams who are owned by billionaires is not the job of the government. What other private interests should the government provide facilities for? Should they build factories for 3M too? If the Vikings have a "big, big, big" impact on the economy then 3M has a big, big, big, big, big, big, big impact on the economy. Why not build factories for them too?

I'm not against sports teams, and I don't want the Vikings to leave Mn, and in an ideal world owners would build their own faclities without public money. The people already fund teams through tickets purchases, merchandise sales, and buying the products of advertisers. They shouldn't have to build the stadium too. If the legislature did provide money for a stadium I wouldn't be upset about it because it's a reality. It's just not the ideal.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes moving after 2011

So the Gophers want another stadium also????????

Why not built another outdoor Staduim for both pro and college?????

The will be great for Monster trucks and Motocross and NCAA Tournaments. Bye Bye Dome!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikes moving after 2011

I'm sure when the time comes the state will consider the economic impact of losing the team. The state does plenty to keep up our quality of life, and does plenty to keep businesses, jobs and taxes in the state, ie. Northwest Airlines, 3M, etc. I'm sure they'll do the right thing. It just so happens that there is currently time to procrastinate, so they are (procrastinating).

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Del Rio Guest

Vikes moving after 2011

I'm not sure how much a state benifits from a team. I know with the buisinessess here in Utah they mostly lease the ground they build on a pay a certain tax. I would imagine that a state gains much more from a sports team.

I do not agree it is the owners responsibility, they should meet somewhere in the middle. Taxes for a stadium should go to the public for a vote. If the public decides they want to help front the bill by paying a couple extra dollars a year then that would be fair.

Sounds like you guys are convinced you will get a new stadium eventually only that for some reason Red is holding up the process. And if it's because Minnesota or the people of Minnesota want him to front the bill i don't blame him. But he should be willing to put forth a portion

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast