whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes make 2nd roster cuts to get down to 65

The Vikings released six more players today, including veteran defensive lineman Billy Lyon, to get to the league-mandated roster size of 65 players. They will need to trim to 53 players by 3 p.m. Sunday.

The Vikings have trimmed their roster to the league-mandated 65 players by releasing punter Travis Dorsch, wide receiver Aaron Hosack, tight end Sean Berton, tight end Ben Steele, linebacker Max Yates and defensive tackle Billy Lyon.

NFL teams had to have their roster size at 65 players plus NFL Europe exemptions by 3 p.m. today. Those exemptions run out on Sunday, when they have to have the roster to 53 players by 3 p.m. On Monday teams can begin assembling their eight-man practice squads.

I didn't think Lyon's would make the team but I thought they were going to try and trade him for a late round draft choice, thought they would keep him until the final cut.

Thought Yates would hang on till the final cut too, heard he wasn't doing well so maybe our depth is a better than I thought. I did think Roanol (?) Smith (can never remember how he spells his name) would be in this group of cuts, maybe his play has been improving. I had gotten word a few weeks ago that he had fallen off and that the Vikes coaches were not happy with him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

yeah they like raonall better than yates becasue of potential but have been dissappointed in his play. so it may have sounded like they were down on him but they were just reporting according to ability. Max was playing better than expected, Raonall was not playing as well as expected, but better than max

got it?

I think I do, I may have just confused myself
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    yeah they like raonall better than yates becasue of potential but have been dissappointed in his play. so it may have sounded like they were down on him but they were just reporting according to ability. Max was playing better than expected, Raonall was not playing as well as expected, but better than max

got it?

At least you remembered how to spell his name. :colors:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "bigdogbovy" wrote:

got it?

But of course I did don't be ridiculous. Raonel
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "bigdogbovy" wrote:

got it?

But of course I did don't be ridiculous. Raonel

Yates was cut, because of the great play by our 5th round pick, rod davis. He was one hell of a steal in the 5th round. He was a tackling machine in college, and teams let him fall to the 5th round because he wasn't fast?? Oh well, their loss is our gain.

I never liked lyons. He never did anything, when he ws in the games last year. He looked like hovan, so I always got them confused when lyon was out there and hovan wasn't. I always saw lyon, thought it was hoavn, and wondered what the hell was wrong with hovan. Good move bygetting rid of him. We have a ton of young talent on the D-line.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I think its kinda funny how most teams pass up on a player like davis even in the late rounds because of one thing, this time being speed. If it is a problem and he is otherwise a good player, keep him focused on improving his speed over the offseason and the first year or so. Like the Vikes are doing! But don't tell the other teams that, lol, I like getting these players
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

How has Davis looked the past two games? I havn't been able to watch them. :colors:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Looks like a stud...fights off blocks well and sticks his nose right in the backs chest...and personally i don't see where the speed issue is.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Looks like a stud...fights off blocks well and sticks his nose right in the backs chest...and personally i don't see where the speed issue is.

I don't see his speed being an issue, but he is a little slow. However, it isn't speed that makes good MLB's, it is quick instincts and reads, and davis has that. He should be a good MLB in this league, and we got him i the 5th round. Sucks, that he will either need and injury to EJ, or for us to go to the 3-4, for him to play.