Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marshallvike is online now Team Alumni

Re: Vikes lose to Skins

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080256
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1080248
    Just think if we connected on a few of those deeper balls. that 299 yards could be 400+ yards easily. If Peterson didn't get hurt, our run game probably does even better.
    You should know me well enough at this point to know that I don't play the "if" game.

=Z=

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, wed all have a merry Christmas
    Dandy Don
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Just think if we connected on a few of those deeper balls. that 299 yards could be 400+ yards easily. If Peterson didn't get hurt, our run game probably does even better.
    You should know me well enough at this point to know that I don't play the "if" game.

=Z=
    my point still stands. I think he did a great job playcalling. What do you want him to do, call all deep routes?

TG isn't the kind of guy to break of big gains like Peterson. He pounds it between the tackles, and occasionally might hit the second level. He had an alright day. Not fantastic, but solid. Peterson was already at 70 yards in the second quarter. That hurt our performance.

Some missed plays due to poor execution, and good plays by the D, but all in all, I liked the playcalling. I thought it was almost too much play action, but it seemed to work quite well.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1080259
    my point still stands. I think he did a great job playcalling. What do you want him to do, call all deep routes?

TG isn't the kind of guy to break of big gains like Peterson. He pounds it between the tackles, and occasionally might hit the second level. He had an alright day. Not fantastic, but solid. Peterson was already at 70 yards in the second quarter. That hurt our performance.

Some missed plays due to poor execution, and good plays by the D, but all in all, I liked the playcalling. I thought it was almost too much play action, but it seemed to work quite well.
    And I, personally, didn't have a lot of problems with the play-calling when Childress was in charge. I had problems with the execution.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080262

And I, personally, didn't have a lot of problems with the play-calling when Childress was in charge. I had problems with the execution.

=Z=
    There are only so many times we can bring the draw on third and long.

And did you notice, when you throw to AP in the flats, he can usually make something out of it? we didn't really do that much at all. Play action was very effective yesterday, but strangely absent from our playcalling previously.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080230
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1080083
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1080079
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1079992
    Quote Originally Posted by "Webby" #1079983
    If the Vikes lose to the Skins, then where do you stand?

Coach or the players causing the issues?

Or too early for referendum on Frazier (I am not expecting much, but maybe a spark with new leader)
    As I stated before Childress may be gone, but his buddies, some of which shouldn't be coaching at the pro level, are still there.
    His buddies look fine to me. Chilly was the cancer.
    still remainst o be seen, but I think Bevell did a great job calling the O. Funny how that changes when Chilly isn't sitting there meddling.
    299 total net yards is a "great job calling the O"?

Amazing how nice everything appears to be when your ancient QB isn't tossing the ball to the other team.

=Z=
    LMFAO!

Amazing how that "ancient" QB does not make mistakes when you use him properly by concentrating on the bootleg. Maybe if Chilly actually listened to his players instead of being a self absorbed prick he would still be coaching.

=Z=
    Judging by what happened Sunday, that Chilly play calling might have led to poor execution.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1080289

Judging by what happened Sunday, that Chilly play calling might have led to poor execution.
    I am amazed that you can look at the paltry offensive output from yesterday (299 total yards, 6 for 15 on 3rd down) and think it was some great advance over what occurred when Childress was here.

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080293
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1080289

I am amazed that you can look at the paltry offensive output from yesterday (299 total yards, 6 for 15 on 3rd down) and think it was some great advance over what occurred when Childress was here.

=Z=
    I am amazed that you expect perfection after 3 days of practice. Just plain silly. Also, when did I use "great advance"? Please show me oh great one. All I said was that he is off to a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1080271

There are only so many times we can bring the draw on third and long.
    Like this play from yesterday, right?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112803/2010/REG12/vikings@redskins#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

3-10-MIN 25 (1:08) (Shotgun) 32-T.Gerhart right tackle to MIN 30 for 5 yards (41-K.Moore; 59-L.Fletcher).

And how about those handoffs to Jeff Dugan! Damn, that was some EXCITING play-calling!

=Z=

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I have to laugh.

Childress constantly called stupid plays.

Would Childress have allowed Favre to run the naked bootleg yesterday and ice the game?

No......Childress was far too much of an insecure ass to allow Favre to shine like that.

But then if Childress had been calling the plays we wouldn't have been in any position to ice the game.

We would have been playing catch-up.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast