Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Vikes Interested in Anderson?

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Any of you guys see that graphic on pregames yesterday?
    I forget if it was ESPN or FOX...They showed one of the announcers inside of Edwards/Winslow's reach sphere...it was ridiculous!
    Looked like 2 to 3 feet of extra reach, and the dude wasn't a small guy either.
    Add to that they have matured somewhat, and had some experience now, so their skills are coming around.

I'm interested, but don't want to overpay him, nor the Browns!!
    I think we'd rather have those picks...our past two drafts have worked out pretty nicely.
    Wasn't that the NFL channel?

Go Vikings!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:
    Heard rumours of vikings making Browns QB Anderson #1 offseason target - maybe costing first and a third round pick? Apparently a number of teams, including Vikings interested in Brady or Quinn. Any thoughts?

I'm new here so Hello Everyone!
    Lots of rumors regarding both Anderson and McNabb... but that's all they are... easy to speculate when the Vikes had the revolving QB situation they did earlier in the year. If TJack plays efficiently for the rest of the year those talks will go away.
    not neccesarily.
    we still need a quality QB for a backup and competition during training camp
    We have plenty of quality backups... problem was we found they didn't make quality starters...
    LMAO!!!! that was the funniest post i've seen on here in a long time!!!!! LMAO!!!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Proud2BPurple" wrote:
    Heard rumours of vikings making Browns QB Anderson #1 offseason target - maybe costing first and a third round pick? Apparently a number of teams, including Vikings interested in Brady or Quinn. Any thoughts?

I thought Brady and Quinn were the same guy?! Just messing around.

I wouldn't really want either Anderson or Quinn, I'd rather develop what we have instead of derailing any sort of progress we've made thus far. With that being said, if we got Quinn for a 1st round pick I wouldn't be as disappointed as if we traded the same 1st rounder for Anderson. It would just be like we had two #1's last year.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:

I wouldn't really want either Anderson or Quinn, I'd rather develop what we have instead of derailing any sort of progress we've made thus far. With that being said, if we got Quinn for a 1st round pick I wouldn't be as disappointed as if we traded the same 1st rounder for Anderson. It would just be like we had two #1's last year.

HUH??? i'd take anderson over Quinn anyday...!!
    He's way better.. hence, one playing like an probowler and the other holding like a probowl clipboard holder..

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:

He's way better.. hence, one playing like an probowler and the other holding like a probowl clipboard holder..
    How can you say he's way better? Quinn hasn't played one game as a pro yet?

I'm just saying that if we trade a 1st round draft pick for someone who was drafted in the 6th round I'd be more disappointed than if we traded a 1st round for someone drafted in the 1st round (makes perfect sense).

By the way, no way Anderson puts up the same numbers if he isn't throwing to Edwards, Jurevicius and Winslow. He's not recreating those numbers in Minnesota, sorry to tell ya.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I forget if it was ESPN or FOX...They showed one of the announcers inside of Edwards/Winslow's reach sphere...it was ridiculous!
    Add to that they have matured somewhat, and had some experience now, so their skills are coming around.

I think we'd rather have those picks...our past two drafts have worked out pretty nicely.
    How about a trade with AD.
    Get a good QB and 1 or 2 of their draft pics.
    That might be the best play.
    Rely on a quality RB in CT and trade the injury prone AD while his stock is sky high.

It doesn't take a genius to sell high and buy low.
    AD, right now is SKY HIGH.
    Vikes could get TONS of value from him to build going forward.
    Remember how Dallas built on the Walker trade.
    I say do this with AD.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

I don't think that either of them leave Cleveland.
    Anderson has proven he can play within the Browns' scheme with success.
    Quinn has proven nothing.
    However in Tom Condon's infinite wisdom (Quinn's agent), he negotiated an incentive laden contract that ties heavily to playing time and reaching statistical goals.

Ohhh the stench of Irony. Condon works out an big contract for Brady that results in him missing camp which cripples his chance to become the starter therefore ensuring that Quinn cannot reach these incentives.
    Dumbass.

I don't think Quinn's contract is too heavy to carry if he is not the starter.
    They could keep them both.

"hx38596" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Rely on a quality RB in CT and trade the injury prone AD while his stock is sky high.

I say do this with AD.
    PLEASE DON'T EVER POST AGAIN... EVER!!!! WHAT A BONEHEADED COMMENT!!! THE DUMBEST POST I'VE EVER SEEN...PERIOD!!!!

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

I say do this with AD.
    PLEASE DON'T EVER POST AGAIN... EVER!!!! WHAT A BONEHEADED COMMENT!!! THE DUMBEST POST I'VE EVER SEEN...PERIOD!!!!
    Hmph...
    That's funny.
    I heard the same sentiment from a bunch of loyal dallas fans on the HW trade. "How could we do this!!!, OH NOES!!!!!11!1!!".
    We'll we all know how it turned out.

bleedpurple.
    Have you ever heard of the concept of buying low and selling high?
    not all that radical to warrant this type of response from you now.
    Just trying to think a bit out of the box here.
    separate emotions from reason.
    try to imagine the value you could get right now.

"C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:

How can you say he's way better? Quinn hasn't played one game as a pro yet?

I'm just saying that if we trade a 1st round draft pick for someone who was drafted in the 6th round I'd be more disappointed than if we traded a 1st round for someone drafted in the 1st round (makes perfect sense).

By the way, no way Anderson puts up the same numbers if he isn't throwing to Edwards, Jurevicius and Winslow. He's not recreating those numbers in Minnesota, sorry to tell ya.
    Dude, i read somewhere where you said you wouldn't post until Chilly was fired.. i think you should stick to it saying stuff like that..

If what you said is true, then you'd be if we traded ryan leaf (drafted #2 overall) for Tom Brady (6th round choice)...

That makes absolutely NO sense at all... it doesn't matter where a guy was drafted.. look at Marques COlston...7th round..

and at this point, i think we can assume, safe to say, Anderson is better than Quinn... look at how many 1st round QB busts there have been.. I did a post on this last week and noted back to 1990 there were approximatley 70% of QB's drafted in the 1st round to 2007 that were busts...

So, please don't say that... it sounds incredibly foolish!!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast