Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Vikes Interested in Anderson?

Heard rumours of vikings making Browns QB Anderson #1 offseason target - maybe costing first and a third round pick? Apparently a number of teams, including Vikings interested in Brady or Quinn. Any thoughts?

I'm new here so Hello Everyone!
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes Interested in Anderson?

I don't see the Browns even THINKING of getting rid of Anderson, they would be incredibly stupid to do so.
    I really dont think that will happen.

Welcome to the site, feel free to introduce yourself in the Free Beer forum

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Proud2BPurple" wrote:
    Heard rumours of vikings making Browns QB Anderson #1 offseason target - maybe costing first and a third round pick? Apparently a number of teams, including Vikings interested in Brady or Quinn. Any thoughts?

Lots of rumors regarding both Anderson and McNabb... but that's all they are... easy to speculate when the Vikes had the revolving QB situation they did earlier in the year.
    If TJack plays efficiently for the rest of the year those talks will go away.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:

Lots of rumors regarding both Anderson and McNabb... but that's all they are... easy to speculate when the Vikes had the revolving QB situation they did earlier in the year.
    not neccesarily.
    we still need a quality QB for a backup and competition during training camp

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

patistheman is offline Starter

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:

not neccesarily.
    If TJack is our guy for next year we will not spend that kind of money on either McNabb, Anderson or Quinn to be a backup QB, and we shouldn't either.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:

Lots of rumors regarding both Anderson and McNabb... but that's all they are... easy to speculate when the Vikes had the revolving QB situation they did earlier in the year. If TJack plays efficiently for the rest of the year those talks will go away.
    not neccesarily.
    We have plenty of quality backups... problem was we found they didn't make quality starters...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site my newest purple friend.

Post well and often.

As Anderson.
    Lots of conjecture related to the QB position on this team on this site.
    Feel free to use the search button and you will find some very intersting reads.

Again, welcome.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Derek Anderson is a restricted free agent at the end of this year. On an interview with ESPN today, he said he was waiting until after the season to start negotiating.

His value as a free agent will be way up because of his play this year. The Browns will probably keep him, but will have to pay a lot more.

I'd imagine that DA gets some nice offers, partially because there's a lack of good quarterbacks in the league these days.

Anderson's success is not just his own talent but also because of the huge receivers he's throwing to. Even when Anderson's throw is off, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr can go get it or jump for it. Secondly, the Browns OL is solid. Most teams won't have the pieces in place like the Browns.

The Vikes should look at him, but shouldn't overpay him.

Go Vikings!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Any of you guys see that graphic on pregames yesterday?
    I forget if it was ESPN or FOX...They showed one of the announcers inside of Edwards/Winslow's reach sphere...it was ridiculous!
    Looked like 2 to 3 feet of extra reach, and the dude wasn't a small guy either.
    Add to that they have matured somewhat, and had some experience now, so their skills are coming around.

I'm interested, but don't want to overpay him, nor the Browns!!
    I think we'd rather have those picks...our past two drafts have worked out pretty nicely.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No way they go after him. The Vikings have always gone after the old QB's in the twilight of their careers or through the draft. I don't think it is in their DNA.

Besides, TJ is the Purple Wizard who will soon start to cast his spell on DB's leaguewide.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast