Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Vikes have promising foundation

    2007 will be a season of baby steps for the Minnesota Vikings.

    Minnesota looked like a playoff team in the first six weeks of the 2006 campaign, only to perform like a bottom feeder the rest of the way en route to a 6-10 finish.
    Schein's Spot

    When the Vikings were bad, they were just wretched.

    The pass defense was ripped apart in the MNF debacle against the Patriots. And the offense was so inept against the Niners and Packers that the networks placed a V-Chip warning on the Vikings to protect America's youth from being subjected to that type of brutality.

    To say the Vikings free agency period was curious and underwhelming would be a major understatement.

    Yet, there is some legit optimism in Minnesota.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6842224
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    Damn right there is legit optimism.

    There is a reason we looked so good at the beginning of the year last season.

    We just dropped off and failed to meet potential towards the end.

    With our injured players coming back strong, and some new playmakers on offense, we SHOULD be legitimately optimistic.

    ;D ;D ;D
    -Sno

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    gol 'darnit right there is legit optimism.

    There is a reason we looked so good at the beginning of the year last season.

    We just dropped off and failed to meet potential towards the end.

    With our injured players coming back strong, and some new playmakers on offense, we SHOULD be legitimately optimistic.

    ;D ;D ;D
    You did it.
    HOF my friend........
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    Damn right there is legit optimism.

    There is a reason we looked so good at the beginning of the year last season.

    We just dropped off and failed to meet potential towards the end.

    With our injured players coming back strong, and some new playmakers on offense, we SHOULD be legitimately optimistic.

    ;D ;D ;D
    there is also a reason we finished 6-10 and it wasn't because we had a difficult schedule.

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    gol 'darnit right there is legit optimism.

    There is a reason we looked so good at the beginning of the year last season.

    We just dropped off and failed to meet potential towards the end.

    With our injured players coming back strong, and some new playmakers on offense, we SHOULD be legitimately optimistic.

    ;D ;D ;D
    there is also a reason we finished 6-10 and it wasn't because we had a difficult schedule.
    Yes there is.
    Other teams learned (courtesy of NE) how to beat our defense, and we never adjusted.


    We never really made changes on offense or defense throughout the season, and opponents were able to capitalize on that.
    I have only two or three major criticisms of Coach Childress, but that is one of them.
    I expect him to improve in that aspect this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    gol 'darnit right there is legit optimism.

    There is a reason we looked so good at the beginning of the year last season.

    We just dropped off and failed to meet potential towards the end.

    With our injured players coming back strong, and some new playmakers on offense, we SHOULD be legitimately optimistic.

    ;D ;D ;D
    there is also a reason we finished 6-10 and it wasn't because we had a difficult schedule.
    Enlighten us ooohhh fount of wisdom
    ;D
    What pray tell was the issue(s).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    gol 'darnit right there is legit optimism.

    There is a reason we looked so good at the beginning of the year last season.

    We just dropped off and failed to meet potential towards the end.

    With our injured players coming back strong, and some new playmakers on offense, we SHOULD be legitimately optimistic.

    ;D ;D ;D
    there is also a reason we finished 6-10 and it wasn't because we had a difficult schedule.
    Enlighten us ooohhh fount of wisdom
    ;D
    What pray tell was the issue(s).
    I meant for the reason to be obviouse. The team was not very good, it was a rebuilding year.

  8. #8
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    2007 will be a season of baby steps for the Minnesota Vikings.

    Minnesota looked like a playoff team in the first six weeks of the 2006 campaign, only to perform like a bottom feeder the rest of the way en route to a 6-10 finish.
    Schein's Spot

    When the Vikings were bad, they were just wretched.

    The pass defense was ripped apart in the MNF debacle against the Patriots. And the offense was so inept against the Niners and Packers that the networks placed a V-Chip warning on the Vikings to protect America's youth from being subjected to that type of brutality.

    To say the Vikings free agency period was curious and underwhelming would be a major understatement.

    Yet, there is some legit optimism in Minnesota.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6842224
    Did Singer authorize you to post this quote......

  9. #9
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    More on OTA's:

    "Vikins Begin OTAS"

    One for the highlight reel

    Tarvaris Jackson and Adrian Peterson connected on one of the better plays during Tuesday's practice. The play occurred during a seven-on-seven drill when Jackson scrambled out of the pocket to his right. Linebacker E.J. Henderson was covering Peterson perfectly, but left him when Jackson began to leave the pocket. Seeing that Peterson was left open, Jackson lobbed a pass over the outstretched arms of Henderson and Peterson made a nice one-handed grab and ran the ball up-field.
    Hopefully we'll see more of that soon (the offensive production, I mean, not EJ screwing the pooch).

  10. #10
    Questfor31's Avatar
    Questfor31 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    45

    Re: Vikes have promising foundation

    Why can't the Viking be this year's Chicago Bears?
    There is a strong defensive foundation and with the addition of AP, you have the makings of a very imposing running attack.
    Factor in a wild card at the quarterback position and there is no reason why the Viking can't come strong out of the gate again.
    There's no reason they can't dominate in a very weak division.
    Quest for 31
    NFL Stadium Reviews
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    Check out my visit to the Metrodome at:
    www. nflfootballstadiums. com/Metrodome. htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Did Dennis Green Set Foundation for Arizona?
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 05:54 PM
  2. The Foundation Of A Great Defense
    By HEY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 06:55 AM
  3. Adrian Peterson launches foundation for children
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 10:28 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 12:44 PM
  5. Hines Ward starting charity foundation in Korea
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 08:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •