Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes have few personal fouls

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

The Vikings are near the bottom of the NFL when it comes to personal fouls called against since the 2001 season, according to research done by ESPN.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikes have few personal fouls

[size=13pt]Vikings Notes: NFL Referees Heart Minnesota[/size]

By Anthony Hall
    mvn.com

July 1st, 2008

*If you’re like me, you’ve made a habit of moaning and groaning about the officiating while watching the Purple in action — but if this report from ESPN is any indication, perhaps we should start going a bit easier on NFL referees...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks Cojo and Singer for the reads.......

I just don't cotton to the whole "Everyone is against us" theory as alot of Vikes fans do.
    Guess this kindof proves that I am right.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

I just don't cotton to the whole "Everyone is against us" theory as alot of Vikes fans do.
    ;D
    Nope, not at all.

There have been many non-calls that worked against us & many other penalties that were either incorrectly called against us or our opponents that went in their favor. Not to mention turn-overs.

This just addresses personal fouls & no other penalties. The 15 yarder against our Vikings when he leaped over Favre & brushed him with his shoe was just as much BS as when Winfield bumped into the ref when he got in the way between him & the WR with the ball & was nailed with a 15 yarder.

Also of note was the fumble near the end of a Vikings Packer game when one of our vikings was on the ground with the ball completely covered & in his control when the Packers piled on him (should have been down by contact at that point right then & there) but the Packers were awarded the ball.

The non-pass interference call during the Packer game last year when the defender leveled our WR before the ball got there is yet just another example.

Here's another prime example...

[youtube=425,350]YiqXLxxQ3Hc[/youtube]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Nope, not at all.

There have been many non-calls that worked against us & many other penalties that were either incorrectly called against us or our opponents that went in their favor. Not to mention turn-overs.

This just addresses personal fouls & no other penalties. The 15 yarder against our Vikings when he leaped over Favre & brushed him with his shoe was just as much BS as when Winfield bumped into the ref when he got in the way between him & the WR with the ball & was nailed with a 15 yarder.

Also of note was the fumble near the end of a Vikings Packer game when one of our vikings was on the ground with the ball completely covered & in his control when the Packers piled on him (should have been down by contact at that point right then & there) but the Packers were awarded the ball.

The non-pass interference call during the Packer game last year when the defender leveled our WR before the ball got there is yet just another example.

Those are examples of incompetence, not conspiracy.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Nope, not at all.

No fair using youtube stuff when I am at work.
    ;D

All teams can argue that there are "No Calls" against them.
    Nature of the beast by using real people as officials.

Again, I just don't buy into the theory that the Vikes are picked on.
    If it really comes down to a "No Call" or a "Penalty" costing us the game, then the team deserves to lose as they are playing shitty enough for the game to be that close.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Those are examples of incompetence, not conspiracy.
    Well played my friend.
    ;D

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think it's a conspiracy. It's just the Vikings. It's like watching a sitcom episode where the main characters win the lottery. You know 30 mins later something is going to happen to keep them from being Rich

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I don't think it's a conspiracy. It's just the Vikings. It's like watching a sitcom episode where the main characters win the lottery. You know 30 mins later something is going to happen to keep them from being Rich
    LOL, your one of THOSE guys aren't you my friend.
    ;D(Lots of smiley faces) ;D

What is gonna happen to your theory this year when everything goes right most of the year?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

It's only ever a conspiracy when we play higher profile teams (Packers, Cowboys etc.) on primetime.
    I still remember that call against us on MNF that Singer was talking about.
    Where we clearly recovered the fumble (very clear on the replay), but since a packer came out of the pile with it it was their ball. It cost us the game to I believe.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast