smegmavike is offline Coordinator

Vikes to go 3-13 in 2012 !

Pretty good breakdown of the Vikes.
    3-13 wouldn't be a total surprise, but I think the Vikes will rise up and win at least 5 this year.

Minnesota Vikings - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I must be on crack .... I think we'll do better than 3 and 13.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Pretty good breakdown of the Vikes.
    3-13 wouldn't be a total surprise, but I think the Vikes will rise up and win at least 5 this year.

Minnesota Vikings - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy
    Agreed. 3-13 seems a little low for us. We have improved in some areas. I'll take the over with you smegma.
    That said, I would rather see 3-13 than 5-11 or 6-10. 5 or 6 wins just means we suck and we get a lesser pick. ( I will still be screaming for them to win every game)
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    There are 2 top 3 picks I would love this draft. The OT from Alabamba and the WR from USC....
    Both too drool over. Throw that tackle on the RT and you have a dominating line. He owns in the run game. Come on Vikes, if we don't make playoffs....bomb... please

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    W Sep 9 Jacksonville 1:00 pm
    W Sep 16 @Indianapolis 1:00 pm
    L Sep 23 San Francisco 1:00 pm
    L Sep 30 @Detroit 1:00 pm
    W Oct 7 Tennessee 4:25 pm
    W Oct 14 @Washington 4:25 pm
    W Oct 21 Arizona 1:00 pm
    L Oct 25 Tampa Bay 8:20 pm
    W Nov 4 @Seattle 4:05 pm
    W Nov 11 Detroit 1:00 pm
    Week 11 BYE
    L Nov 25 @Chicago 1:00 pm
    L Dec 2 @Green Bay 1:00 pm
    W Dec 9 Chicago 1:00 pm
    W Dec 16 @St. Louis 1:00 pm
    L Dec 23 @Houston 1:00 pm
    W Dec 30 Green Bay 1:00 pm

We go 10-6 and make a wildcard.. we got an easy sched

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Put down the kool aid Sharper. LOL Not that I wouldn't love to see your prediction come true.

WWBGD

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    All the pundits like to rip our pass D, and with good reason, but nobody seems to recall that our best two CBs were not on the field for 66% of the year! Cook was really coming into his own before his stupidity stepped up and Winfield is still probably the best nickel in the league. The front four is still pretty dominant: #11 vs. run, no.1 in sacks! IF we can keep Cook and Winny on the field and Smith upgrades Safety like we're hoping, Jared Allen just might get 25 sacks! And, this defense just might be good enough to keep us in games vs. better teams.

The OL looks better (at least on paper) and Ponder now has a full year of OTAs, TC, and on-field experience...I'm betting he's going to be a lot better than he was last season as a rookie with no off-season to learn the offense.

Sure, if we have another rash of injuries, we'll be back in the worst five, but with just a bit of luck, we could also be 8-8 and right in the middle of the pack.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Put down the kool aid Sharper. LOL Not that I wouldn't love to see your prediction come true.
    I think he's got something stronger in that glass to go with that purple kool-aid & has had more than a few of them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

The OL looks better (at least on paper) and Ponder now has a full year of OTAs, TC, and on-field experience...I'm betting he's going to be a lot better than he was last season as a rookie with no off-season to learn the offense.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!
    Learning the offense starts with learning the playbook & Ponder was the first & I believe the only player to be given Musgrave's "new playbook". He received it right after the draft, before the lockout & the other players didn't.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Learning the offense starts with learning the playbook & Ponder was the first & I believe the only player to be given Musgrave's "new playbook". He received it right after the draft, before the lockout & the other players didn't.
    But thats part of what I'm saying, the whole offense didn't know the playbook or have much time to practice it last summer. Everybody should have a better idea what's supposed to be happening on field this year.

After meditating on this thread a bit, I decided to look back at last year's schedule/results. We dominated the first half of the first 3 games, with our defense pitching 3 first-half shut-outs in a row, only to lose by 7, 4, and 3 points due mostly to a total nothing from our offense. Sure, eventually, the defense got beat, but you can't expect them to play an entire half because the offense can't gain a single freaking first down! In week 4 we lost a close game in KC, (widely considered one of the hardest places to play) by 5, and then totally demolished the Cards at the Dome in week 5, 34-10.

But, that was Winfield's last game of the year. The following week we got destroyed in Chicago without him and Cook (seemingly) took is out on his gal, also missing the rest of the year.

Which was the turning point of our season, as Coincidently, in week 7 with no secondary left to speak of, we switched QBs, naming our first round, bit of a reach, rookie with no off-season QB the starter. Ponder got his first win, a road win, at the Panthers in his 2nd game, against one of the best rookie QBs of all time, Cam Newton. But, it was all down hill from there as we allowed an average of over 31 points/game for the rest of the year.

What I'm suggesting, is that in those first 5 games, we showed not just flashes of game winning potential, but moments of full on domination. Then we lost our 2 best DBs, and didn't have much chance with Asher Allen trying to cover the likes of Jennings, Nelson & Finley, or Steve Smith, or Roddy White, or even Early Doucet or Lance Moore.

Now we've improved the weak spots, got Cook and Winny back in the mix, and have had more time to pull all the pieces together...I think we're a lot closer to dominating games than anybody else wants to admit, and I like that everybody else in the league is dismissing us as bottom feeders, cuz that could be just the luck we need to surprise a few teams, maybe even our division rivals!!

SKOL VIKINGS! LET'S WIN THE GAME!! SKOL VIKINGS! HONOR THY NAME!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot