VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes' first-round pick a little green

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Aren't they all green as rookies???

Ah yup.. :grin:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Aberration" wrote:
    I just have a feeling Fox has his work cut out for him to have a chance to contribute or even make the team...

but I'm pulling for him it would be awesome if we had guys we drafted contributing in the secondary for once
    I would love to see him play in the regular season with an attitude to hot players like he wants too.

He just needs to relax & back off hitting our guys when he isn't supposed to.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Fox got his jiggly butt chewed out by coaches about twice while i was up at training camp for the afternoon practice yesterday

they were doing short passing drills with one on one situations, i dont remember who caught the ball.. but he kind of fell to his knees when catching it and fox slightly pushed him over to down him

one of the coaches started yelling "NO CONTACT FOX! this is the last time im saying it, i see it again and you're done, thats it, i mean it" or something along those lines

he's a little too antsy to get into those pads and make a hit (i would be too after missing the last year)
    You shouldn't get chewed out for wanting to hit. It is football which last time I checked was a contact sport. I know they don't want guys hurt this early in camp and what not but it sounds like it wasn't anything to big.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

yes you should get chewed out for hitting when you're wearnig shorts - it's completely unneccessary and stupid to risk injuries in training camp because you're hitting in shorts.

they'll have pads on soon so they can demonstrate exactly what they can do, but intil then they have to show some control and be able to stop themselves

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    yes you should get chewed out for hitting when you're wearnig shorts - it's completely unneccessary and stupid to risk injuries in training camp because you're hitting in shorts.

they'll have pads on soon so they can demonstrate exactly what they can do, but intil then they have to show some control and be able to stop themselves
    It's not like he went all out and just absolutely crushed the guy. You said he "slightly pushed" him. Sounds like a love tap that is no big deal.

kosova61 is offline Waterboy

now its like hes starting over...
    just with c.griFF

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"cc21" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

It's not like he went all out and just absolutely crushed the guy. You said he "slightly pushed" him. Sounds like a love tap that is no big deal.
    I think it has more to do with rules/regulations - if someone gets hurt due to contact, then the team would be in serious shit as I understand the rules of the CBA (not allowed to have contact drills until official opening of training camp).

I'm sure that it would affect insurance and contract issues too.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"cc21" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

you're right, its not that big of a deal that he gave him a love tap, its a big deal that he did it a second time after being warned by the coaching staff

it shows a lack of control and respect for the coaching staff, while its just a small thing, its not the smartest thing for someone to do while trying to make the team that has this much depth at the secondary

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

you're right, its not that big of a deal that he gave him a love tap, its a big deal that he did it a second time after being warned by the coaching staff

it shows a lack of control and respect for the coaching staff, while its just a small thing, its not the smartest thing for someone to do while trying to make the team that has this much depth at the secondary
    Agreed. If he's showing these signs of lack of concern for detail and a slight bit of immaturity, how will he do on game day? Plays are drawn up for a reason, and if just wants to do his own thing, things could fall apart fast.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Braddock" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

Agreed. If he's showing these signs of lack of concern for detail and a slight bit of immaturity, how will he do on game day? Plays are drawn up for a reason, and if just wants to do his own thing, things could fall apart fast.
    I doubt it's a lack of concern and respect and more of an overeagerness. Football is pretty much this kid's life, and he was robbed of it for a whole year. Imagine if you were robbed of PP.O for a year, I'm sure when you got back you'd be spamming the forums a lil' bit :razz: While I agree hitting in shorts is NO GOOD, I don't think it's because Fox is immature and wants to do his own thing all the time.
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast