Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Vikes favored to win division

Pro football athlon sports sais so baby. This year i cant wait for the vikings to do well. We need to go 6-0 against the division and beat the eagles monday night. Go vikes
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikes favored to win division

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    Pro football athlon sports sais so baby. This year i cant wait for the vikings to do well. We need to go 6-0 against the division and beat the eagles monday night. Go vikes
    6-0 in the division would be nice, but I can just about guarantee that the Vikings will lose to the Packers at Lambeau this season. We play at Lambeau the week after we have a tough Monday Night road game against the Colts, while the Packers will be coming in well rested off their bye week. It's almost as if the schedule makers wanted to make sure the Packers would win.

As improved as the Lions and Bears figure to be, it will be difficult to sweep them as well. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Vikings (and Packers, for that matter) lose 2 games in the division this season.

So far, EVERY preseason publication I have heard a prediction from is calling for the Vikings to win the NFC North.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

We will sweep the Pack this year. I'm very confident that we will do that. The question is, do we lose to the Lions or the Bears? I'm going for 5-1 or 4-2 in the division for us.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

amen to that VS... i don't think that we'll lose to GB either, however I do think that we will have 1 loss to Chicago, and possibly one to Detroit. Optimism is the key... and I'll keep my hope alive until I'm an old bitter woman from having been dissappointed by my beloved team for the last 50 years... hehehe

To me, what is important is building momentum towards the end of the season going into the playoffs rather than going full steam ahead at the beginning and then puttering out the second half of the season. Believe me, I hope we're very strong all year. Last year started great but ended very disappointing. This year I want the division title and I want a strong run in the playoffs.
    Regarding the other teams in the division, we may be able to sweep the Pack but the Lions are a different breed of cat this year. If they can stay injury free...watch out (but it also depends on Harrington's performance so they could also struggle). But forget the Bears this year. New coach, new schemes, young QB = bad year.
    Even babies know the difference.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Actually the league really F$%ked us on our first game aginst GB it after a monday night game on the road, that means tuesday travel to MN wed, thurs, Fri practice, Sat travel. So three days of prep. GB on the other hand has thier bye week right before that game giving them 13 days of prep. will we beat them regardless. I sure hope so.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

I really don't remember the last time a team swept the NFC North/Central. Even the year we went 15-1 our one loss was to a division foe. When Chicago went 13-3 a few years ago, they lost two to the Pack. This is a hard division to sweep. Of course I think the Vikings will win the division this year but I am not sure about going 6-0. They will probably drop one to somebody.

I agree the league screwed the Vikes as far as that Lambeau game. That is a tough situation. But it will also depend on how both teams are doing at that time. The Vikes just need to beat Indy at that Monday night game. I think that will make a difference in how they do at Lambeau.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I'm starting to think Red is paying all these mags to pick the Vikes so he sells more tickets. He sells more tickets, the more money he makes. The more money he makes, the more moving trucks he can ren....ooops! Did that slip out?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Darn Los, and I thought Red's pecuniary success was based in his black market trade of Vicodin to Green Bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

NEvikingsfan90 is offline Waterboy

Vikes should win all the time, they mostly just dont play to thier potential

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast