Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikes easy mark for Chiefs

I know we are a 6-10 team with the 13th hardest schedule.That is the only reason I watch this game because anything can,will and does happend. That saying alone is making a guy long for Sundays again,where I am hanging around in my sweats and watching the vikes. I miss my Sundays :'(

MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Fact is we are a 6-10 team.....
    I'll give you a fact...........in 2002 we were 6-10 under Tice. In 2003 we played the Chiefs here at the dome. They were 12-2 at the time & we were 8-6. Just about everyone had us pegged to loose that game & the Chiefs thought we would be an easy win.

Well to make a long story short, we literally handed them their collective asses at tromped them 45-20.

Outstide of the 2005 come-back win over GB, when we were down 17-0, That game had to be the best , enjoyable & exciting game I ever watched at the dome.

It all goes back to one saying...............

On any given Sunday.........

Hell, I never said we couldn't win. I just said nobody is expecting us to. Opposing teams expect to beat us because we had a bad year last year and didn't make noise in FA. I'm sure we will pull off a couple upsets, but we will not be the favorite to win many games next year. That is just a reality.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I'll give you a fact...........in 2002 we were 6-10 under Tice. In 2003 we played the Chiefs here at the dome. They were 12-2 at the time & we were 8-6. Just about everyone had us pegged to loose that game & the Chiefs thought we would be an easy win.

Well to make a long story short, we literally handed them their collective asses at tromped them 45-20.

Outstide of the 2005 come-back win over GB, when we were down 17-0, That game had to be the best , enjoyable & exciting game I ever watched at the dome.

Hell, I never said we couldn't win. I just said nobody is expecting us to. Opposing teams expect to beat us because we had a bad year last year and didn't make noise in FA. I'm sure we will pull off a couple upsets, but we will not be the favorite to win many games next year. That is just a reality.
    I expect my Vikings to win everytime they step onto the field. That is why I am a Vikings fan.That is why I go to the games. That is why I watch them play every week during football season.

To expect anything less would be to expect failure & a loss.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

I expect my Vikings to win everytime they step onto the field. That is why I am a Vikings fan.That is why I go to the games. That is why I watch them play every week during football season.

The Vikings will more often than not (75%) be the underdog in Vegas. The Vikings will more often than not be picked to lose by sportscasters who work for FOX, ESPN, etc. I never said I expect us to lose, I just said this is the the reality of next season. Opposing teams will have the same attitude. The Vikings are going into the season with very little respect, and very little to be scared of. They will have to earn respect one game at a time. It doesn't mean they can't win, it doesn't mean they won't be good. It means that when we win, it will surprise a lot of people.

You think an AFC team that barely missed the playoffs is looking at a 6-10 team as a tough game? You think the seven playoff teams who we play next year are scared of us?

I am not talking about whether you expect them to win or not. I am talking about the general perception of the team heading into the season. Vikings fans should always expect this team to win. Anybody who is not a Viking fan will probably expect them to lose.
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

I don't expect to win every Sunday. I HOPE they will win every Sunday, but let's face it, we weren't very good last year. Expecting a team that went 6-10 last year to win every time they step on the field is unrealistic.

It has nothing to do with being a fan. Hell, I'm a Celtics fan and I wanted them to lose every game for the last two months so they could get a #1 or #2 pick!

I WANT them to win the Super Bowl, but I EXPECT them to do that once every 50 years (they're coming up on that deadline by the way.)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Wisely said, my friends.
    ;D

I know we are a 6-10 team with the 13th hardest schedule.That is the only reason I watch this game because anything can,will and does happend. That saying alone is making a guy long for Sundays again,where I am hanging around in my sweats and watching the vikes. I miss my Sundays

So much better than this stuff that follows

The Vikings will more often than not (75%) be the underdog in Vegas. The Vikings will more often than not be picked to lose by sportscasters who work for FOX, ESPN, etc.
    Who really cares what they think.
    Thier comments, view points, picks etc are nothing more than hype for whatever team might sell the most commercials.

I like it when we are the underdog.
    Makes it all the better in the morning when I can talk crap for sticking by my team when all the "Experts" picked us to loose.

I for one, believe that will happen more than not this year.

Bet, I bet on them and make some cash to finance a fishing trip or something.
    ;D

They will have to earn respect one game at a time.
    Wow, deep insight here.
    All young teams, good or not, need to earn another teams respect.

By the way, we are gonna be a young team this year.

You think an AFC team that barely missed the playoffs is looking at a 6-10 team as a tough game? You think the seven playoff teams who we play next year are scared of us?
    They might not be scared of us, however, I bet thier coaching staffs won't be thinking.... "Hey we have the Vikes this week, lets just get ready for team we have to meet next week".

I am talking about the general perception of the team heading into the season.
    The only perception that matters is what the team and possibly thier fan base think of them.
    The rest is all poo.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Arrowhead is a notoriously tough place for a visiting team to come into and win.
    Much will depend on whether the Vikings offense has made any strides forward or not.
    So far, as far as the WR corps, I'm not seeing the improvement.
    Williamson eyesight (and hands?) may or may not be significantly better this season, Wade is probably no better than Taylor, Hankton...give me a break.
    Also important will be the Vikings ability to contain Larry Johnson (in particular) and Tony Gonzalez.
    I expect the Vikings can keep it close, but you have to favor the Chiefs, a 2006 playoff team, at home over the 6-10 Vikings
    SKOL VIKINGS!

laujesse is offline Starter

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    I know we are a 6-10 team with the 13th hardest schedule.That is the only reason I watch this game because anything can,will and does happend. That saying alone is making a guy long for Sundays again,where I am hanging around in my sweats and watching the vikes. I miss my Sundays :'(

MMLV

I feel you, but I miss my monday from 2-6AM's.
    I am the worst Monday person in the world as I never sleep on football night.
    If only the Vikes always played on MNF then I could watch them at a decent hour on Tuesday mourning...
    Tom Powers < Hetero

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Wisely said, my friends.

;D

I know we are a 6-10 team with the 13th hardest schedule.That is the only reason I watch this game because anything can,will and does happend. That saying alone is making a guy long for Sundays again,where I am hanging around in my sweats and watching the vikes. I miss my Sundays

The Vikings will more often than not (75%) be the underdog in Vegas. The Vikings will more often than not be picked to lose by sportscasters who work for FOX, ESPN, etc.
    Thier comments, view points, picks etc are nothing more than hype for whatever team might sell the most commercials.

Makes it all the better in the morning when I can talk crap for sticking by my team when all the "Experts" picked us to loose.

;D

Wow, deep insight here.

They might not be scared of us, however, I bet thier coaching staffs won't be thinking.... "Hey we have the Vikes this week, lets just get ready for team we have to meet next week".

The only perception that matters is what the team and possibly thier fan base think of them.
    The rest is all poo.
    It's just amazing how you repeatedly misread my posts.
    I agree, the only perception that matters is that of the team and its fans. However, my initial point is that people outside of the Vikings organization and fan base will probably not think too highly of us. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

- Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Wisely said, my friends.

;D

;D

Wow, deep insight here.

The rest is all poo.
    It's just amazing how you repeatedly misread my posts.
    I agree, the only perception that matters is that of the team and its fans. However, my initial point is that people outside of the Vikings organization and fan base will probably not think too highly of us. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

No one misread.
    The point is who cares what they think
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123